Let's say I'm coding an emag nerf, vote on would you want it to be

It’s only 6 TC, probably the most bought item and is in fact so good you’re at a big disadvantage when you don’t buy one.

Your bait is too obvious my guy.

Idea that everyone will hate: 2tc for a box of single use emags.
And they don’t vanish on use.

Calling a disagreeing opinion bait… how classic. And you still didnt tell me, why is it bad that emag is good? Are there not supposed to be good options? It is incredibly useful indeed but literally no one is forcing you to buy one.

Good on paper but really ineffictive when made. Some things are there for a reason being cost and ability effective. Emags exist so you do not barg to doors either stealing IDs or hacking manuallly. Why the hell would I pay half of my TC to just mess with APCs?

Do you guys do not have this concept of landscaping or understanding that for each action has reaction? If you remove something or change it this thing will be replaced or surrounded with what we call “void” and voids natually around space and time create a chaos in some scale that messes things up and breaks order. If emags are about to be nerfed then something must be added or changed to compliment what it was doing. This includes, function, price, ability. space, code. art etc etc etc.

Is this sort of inflation? This is like modifying a recipe to fit the current price for the product. Product is good and used a lot but expensive to make and its income is low? Change the recipe tomake it taste the same, price the same, but made out of trash ingerdients.

Be reasonable.

1 Like

esports ready codebase :clown_face:
Did bee start pulling notes from ubisoft or has lead plumbing just made general a resurgence?

1 Like

Emag was already nerfed, if you emag a bolted door, now it’s stay closes and it circuit broke.
For this I don’t think it requires a nerf.
Before this nerf bolted doors would open if emaged and only welded, unpower or broken doors would stay closes against an emag.
Also I like emaging stuf around.

As command you have to sometimes bolt doors so they won’t open if emaged

1 Like

I know, I keep the command door remote on me so I can bolt basically every captain office door, bridge maint, teleporter and sometimes even EVA whenever I get my hands on it.

Hell sometimes I even bolt the various Maint access doors in brig.

It’s been like this since forever. That’s not a new thing.

3 Likes

nerd/buff the emag by making it less superobvious when you emag a door and by making it easier to repair an emagged door

2 Likes

Make it play a loud jumpscare sound when you use it like the bwionk.

2 Likes

Multi-tool and wires to fix emagged doors

i pay 6tc that is worth due to wire nerfs… now i dont pay 6tc since i blow shit up with a bag of c4? profit?

2 Likes

I think it needs to have a long recharge period and should be limited to 3-4 uses per recharge.

I agree they are super busted and I’m amazed nobody has tried to nerf them sooner

Or a better idea is to give it sort of mechanics to give access. Like the ability to scan its surrounding tiles and detect ID card 1 tile around it to decrypt the cards waves and register it in its access registry.

You know it would make having it around more fun and let you put some little effort to using it.

1 Like

you’re describing an agent id card. That is an agent id card without ability to change the name on the card

2 Likes

But this is not like a typical agent ID card. It is just an emag with some effort to it give access. So it just scans the waves the cards emits and it registers the access it has and it is used like a typical emag but only give access to the cards it is scanned.

So basically you want AA? You get it and captain lets say hanging in the bar. You stand next to him and the emag with some time scans the surrounding for cards and it gets what access from the surrounding cards. It just give it some effort to let it be used so people wont just scream their lungs out it is unblanaced and no RP or whatever those meant.

Okay, I know where the misunderstanding came from and it’s definitely on how I worded my post (specifically the edit).

I want emag to retain all of its non-door functionality, and even think it’s fine as-is with no changes at all. I do not and will never want it split into two items. If anything, I would like it replaced with a hacking skill innate to all syndicate antagonists tbh.

I can understand the desire to require the emag access to door wires before being usable on doors, or even opening the panel on other machines too, and I don’t think that’s an especially bad nerf.

If the emag is changed to require access to wires, I would like specifically its door functionality changed to do nothing but wipe access requirements, instead of bolting open/closed or otherwise. That way it can function more stealthily if you’re not caught in the act as you’re using it.

3 Likes

This in particular I agree with.