Ban Type:
server ban
Ban Length:
day
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-01-07 23:35:08
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Rule 2 No Powergaming. As a non-antag cargo tech got given a security autorifle, a sawn off handmande shotgun and a custom shell. Decided to keep them for himself instead of handing the contraband over to security because ‘security was mean and shuttle was here’.
Appeal Reason:
R2 Key infomation states:
Red or Delta Alert or a direct threat/attack to yourself or your department is justification for arming/preparing yourself.
Isn’t getting your department bombed an attack on the department?
Additional Information:
security autorifle crate was ordered and hacked open by antag. i took gun after our glorious banquet got bombed to protect myself and cargonia.
Security was indeed very rude, barging in cargo without word pushing people accusing and leaving, HoS tried to arrest me for being suspect without any evidence so my character indeed seen security as not effective.

Right, couple of questions then.
Did you grab the weaponry before or after the alert level was raised to Red?
Why did you think it was okay to have both an autorifle and a sawn off handmade shotgun on you?
Did you have the security autorifle on your belt when HoS tried to arrest you? If such, it would be within their right to arrest you for openly carrying around contraband.

1 Like

Well you didn’t answer any of my questions and the duration of the ban has passed.

Sorry, was busy and could answer,

1. I don’t remember if it was after Red allerst, but as ruls says “direct threat/attack to yourself or your department is justification for arming/preparing yourself.” and i guess geting bombed is a thread

2. as i told i found a handmade shotgun in maints, i didnt make it

3. Of course not, HoS situation was in a middle of round.

Funny thing : the bombing was a pure accident, from the looks of it xenobio gave cargo an industrial silver slime extract and it spawned the explosive banana, which activates a syndicate minibomb upon being eaten.

Which means you kept it until the bombing happened at which point you also got a security autorifle ontop.
The banana explosion in and of itself was rather small as well. I believe the ban accurately reflects what happened once you include the sawn of shotgun.