Lagomorphica Staff Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Lagomorphica

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Gerstmann#0150

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): AEST, no daylight savings.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: This is possibly one of the hardest questions on the application; to think of a change to bring to a server that you already enjoy is difficult, especially one that has changed an incredible amount in a relatively short amount of time. Without a solid understanding of the present state of administration and the internal workings, its rather difficult, especially given I have been out of the loop due to the incident recently. The most substantial change that I could potentially bring is knowledge of older events in Beestation, along with memory of certain individuals and similar, although their are people who are more suited too do such things than I such as Crossedfall.

How old are you?: 18, as of about four hours ago.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Having formerly done staff work in Beestation, I already loved the server deeply; to date, it is the only SS13 server that I have played, and I have played it for a decent amount of time. I love the community of the server, in spite of seeing so much change and strife within it over time.

Overall, though, its a desire to return, in a sense. I miss helping people in the community, of trying my best to resolve disputes. Their is something carnal about helping other people and seeing them enjoying themselves that cannot be elicited from many other tasks or jobs, and while it may sound selfish, yes, it is a reason that I wish to return.

I love the server, I enjoy working and playing with the people on it including the other staff, and I don’t think anything will ever change that.

How long have you been playing SS13?: A bit more than 1470 hours, accounting for a small bit of time on Colonial Marines, Goonstation, and Eris. I would wager about 1500.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 1470 hours.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: Probably around a 4 or 7, my severe ping limits my combat experience, however in terms of knowledge I would say I am rather experienced.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): In terms of technical experience with the tools I was used too, I would say that I am around a 7 - experienced, but I had not yet mastered things such as SQL or similar, and I did not get around too finishing my admin commands guide. I did, however, know what almost every command does.

In terms of practical knowledge, I primarily administrated LRP; however, I was around for the creation of MRP rules and am aware of how to administrate it, although this was in its infancy. Due to the large changes experienced overall too the server, I would rather not take a risk and estimate around a 5 for actual enforcement information - I will likely have to request help quite often.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I have been staff on Beestation itself a multitude of times, along with a few odd Blockland and Garrys Mod servers.

I also administrated a ROBLOX Five Nights at Freddies roleplaying game, giving credence towards my roleplay administration skills. (This is a joke, but yes, I did administrate the game.)

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Yes, under the name of ‘slashamine’; albeit it was created for a bit regarding a friend I know well, and acting as if they are my wife until somebody joins VC and hears a deep as fuck voice saying hello.

Your strengths: I have quite a large amount of free time to spare at the moment, and possess knowledge of the proceedings of the staff system and similar, along with how it works. Additionally, I have previous experience in administrating on Beestation and knowledge of the administrative tools and how they work, along with how to quickly and efficiently parse and handle tickets.

Your weaknesses: I have very sporadic periods of activity; as in, intense periods of activity then more tapered off sections when I am recovering. While I still come on during these times, it isn’t daily for a few hours as I would usually prefer.

I was also notoriously bad at processing player reports, but I hope to become more active and better at doing that now that I have had a break and the logs are better organized, to my knowledge.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: I have seen just about every event that is likely to happen in the server, and their is very little that is likely to get under my skin, however I have gone ballistic once and only once. I would say that what makes me mad really fast is being made to do all the work when another admin is on, and politely asking them, then they don’t do it, which is unlikely to happen, if at all.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: A desire to learn and work with others; it is impossible for a singular person to know everything, to have every perspective and angle, and the most important part of that is being able too work with your fellow admins to fill in the gaps of your weaknesses and gaps of knowledge, along with not being afraid to ask for help.

What makes a staff team good?: The merit of how they act. It is not in regards too what they say they will do in public, it is what they do, even if the decision is a difficult one that is required for the betterment of the server. Being as impartial, objective, and fair as possible is the penultimate goal, however it is unreasonable to expect everybody to be as such; instead, one can only aim to reach it, and do the best they can.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To work towards the betterment of the players and the server, in a sense; to ensure that people have fun, feel safe, and enjoy their time here, along with hopefully resolving the issues of those who break rules. This involves multiple facets; spicing up the round, bringing it too a close, addressing issues both internal and external, and being approachable and friendly for people too report issues towards you.

What kind of player are you?: I am extremely passive and mostly stick to myself, albeit I did begin to branch out and roleplay; I do not enjoy inciting or seeking out conflict due to my extreme ping. I do, however, possess my knowledge of LRP information and don’t enjoy people who are needlessly assholes or act like they’re some kind of God for knowing how to be robust, and then proceed too try and be an asshole towards my coworkers. Thus so far, however, I have refrained from doing anything rash.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I believe I will gain a greater appreciation for Medium Roleplay; my time administrating it when it first came out was limited, and I did not have the same experience nor ideals that I have now. While I miss LRP, and always will miss it, I am aware that the server has moved on; and that so must we.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Its a context sensitive question, however a minimum effort that can be made towards fixing the round is sending the gun back too the station, either in his office or in his locker, and inform the Head of Security of its location. Additionally, the clown should be told, but not slapped or anything, that he should avoid throwing sensitive items out in too space that are ‘high-risk’, and that IC and OOC penalties can apply for stealing them.

In the event that the situation is more severe, such as a hostile threat too the station, such as red or blue alert, then a proper bwoink and more severe note is required. A note is not a punishment, it is simply a record of behaviour, and does not have to have a severity that means anything to the player. In the event they do not repeat it, then a tiny note for them doing it once will ultimately be inconsequential.

If multiple notes exist for this, however, upgrading the user too a watchlist or similar is likely a better idea than leaving them to run around freely, assuming that the incident does not warrant an immediate ban. This will more clearly communicate too others to watch for this behaviour.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: As the admin is cleaning up the after-effects, the first primary step is too admin jail them. This will prevent them from causing any more damage and make cleanup easier for the other admin. Checking their CID and IP, along with the sticky ban panel and the logs for any warning about matching CID’s or IP’s, will help with determining if they are an evader or griefer. In the event they are, then a stickyban is about all that can be done to help avoid it in the future, or a permanent ban if they are a new account/the evidence of them being an evader isn’t significant enough to warrant the risk of accidental sticky bans on innocent players.

In the event that none of these provide any solid hits, asking them calmly and politely why they did it is probably the best course of action. They are likely a known player at this point, or at least established somewhat with a fair bit of playtime - and it is likely that they did it either just because they wanted too grief and go out in a blaze of glory, are annoyed at the events that have occurred in-round, or in the event a recent database breach has occurred, their account has been hijacked.

The most likely action after this is a very long ban, or a permanent ban, ultimately.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Ultimately, it was just an accidental incident caused by him stupidly mixing chemicals. The first thing, however, is to check if he has anything noted about having caused this kind of event in the past; a repeated history of mixing the same chemical solution he was warned about is worse than a one off.

By examining the log created in chat of the reaction, it can be used too determine what type of event occurred, and he can be taught why it happened and how too avoid it. Teaching is just as important as any other part of administrating, and although mentors exist to do such tasks as well, admins should still be capable of it.

Nothing major is required too really happen, maybe checking if Engineers are around and making sure that the round progresses smoothly rather than coming too a halt because nobody is willing to fix the breach that is draining oxygen out of the Central Primary Hallway. Once he’s been told how to more safely mix chemicals, and probably linked the wiki page and all that, then resolving the ticket or applying a no-severity note that just acts as a warning wouldn’t be too far fetched.

Extra: I haven’t been staff, mod or admin, for a very long time. A lot has changed in my absence. I truly do hope to learn new things and meet new people, along with improving the experience of the players.

Please do ask more questions if needed. I would like to know if I am fit for the staff team, not off what I did previously, but who I am now.

I would also like to say that their is a large slump in my playtime due too the incident of me being banned, and I will attempt to be active; however, due to my timezone, it is usually quite difficult for me too attend staff meetings or similar such things. I did not feel this fit in ‘Weaknesses’ as I cannot easily alter or change this, nor can it be improved short of making other staff members suffer the consequences. Even then, I don’t even know if they still occur.

Additionally, my time schedule may be very sporadic due too my odd work and school hours, albeit I am free, as stated earlier, for quite a long time right now, and will have more free time soon after exams are concluded. I will still attempt too moderate/administrate during this time, but may not be present for about a week.

In the event that vouches are required, as well, I may find and locate some that may, well, vouch for me.

I do not wish too be unhappy anymore; I only wish to return too janitor.

10 Likes

chad returns and immediately applies for staff.

Based.

3 Likes

Waited for that one
+1

+1 don’t even have to question the application, I remember you back in the old CouncilMember days…

to long, don’t care.

1+

This is my headmin spot your NOT getting it

The prophecy is true. He returns to us.

+1

Accepted
Happy birthday boy

4 Likes