KubeRoot banned by Crossedfall (not really, stickyban issue)

CKEY: KubeRoot

Admin’s CKEY: N/A

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Which server did the ban happen on? N/A

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): N/A

Round ID: N/A

Ban Reason:
BYOND won’t let me copy the text, can’t post links or images:

Appeal Reason: I am not and do not know the person that got banned.

Additional Information: I use linux as my main system and play in a windows VM. After having weird issues in-game after trying to improve performance, I decided to make a clean VM and update to a new version of windows. It would appear the fresh generic VM has triggered some stickyban.

1 Like

Where did you get the VM?

If it was a VM that already had Windows preinstalled and did not boot into OOBE (Out Of Box Experience), you’re literally doing it wrong since that install will then have the same security identifier as all the other ones downloaded from this source. Getting stickybanned for running that VM is quite an obvious result.

If you want to fix your VM and not get banned from literally every game service out there you need to reinstall it with a proper USB/ISO source from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

But you also need to get this ban appeal approved first, because your ckey will now have been added to the stickyban list until some admin believes your story and removes it.

TL;DR: Don’t fucking connect to servers from a VM that you downloaded with Windows pre-installed. Actually don’t even download or boot them in the first place.

1 Like

I did install it from scratch using an ISO downloaded from the official microsoft website… but I didn’t activate it using my own license, hoping to save myself some trouble. I was already previously using a Windows 7 VM without issues, thought I’d be fine. That said, I have been playing beestation for a bit now, so hopefully that’ll work in my favor.
I can also try adjusting my setup (like figuring out how to activate the VM using my own damn account) to fix the conflict, but I didn’t want to mess with things just yet because, like you suggested, I was worried the ban would propagate to my own ckey and just make it look like ban evasion without doing anything.

Try to connect again. It’s likely you’ll still be banned, but at least then I can properly exempt you.

Tried to join, still banned indeed. Thanks for the help by the way.

If I were to be messing with my VM setup again, is there anything I should do to avoid this issue, or should I just hope for the best and appeal here if it pops up again?

I don’t actually see an update on that… Did you get the same message when connecting? Or did you get a different message?

Using a properly licensed version of Windows can help. But, sadly there isn’t really much in the way of advice I can give here.

I tried joining both MRP and LRP again, and yeah, I believe it’s the same message, though the text seems to get aligned slightly differently for some reason.

Oh good. You matched to a different ban… Alllright. One moment.

Edit: Try now. Pretty sure I got them.

Oh… yeah, I didn’t even notice the different username there, good thing I attached a screenshot :smiley:

Works fine now, thanks!

3 Likes

You are very welcome. Have fun

2 Likes