Kilo Rework or Meta Rework?

Meta is not setup for Bee. No Cloning or Exploration. Genetics in Science not Med. Xeno is… ugh. But I do like the Atmo changes.

2 Likes

worth mentioning, it’s not gonna be a 1 to 1 port, of course there’s gonna be bee-compatible changes.

That stuff is real easy to add back

Alternatively remove cloning

1 Like

Ah yes, add another TG change

Pretty sure a reason a lot of /tg/ folks migrated here was because of silly intrusive thoughts like that in their codebase

3 Likes

post old kilo with no changes

coders need to learn to cope

2 Likes

I’m gonna close the vote this Thursday at 1pm gmt+1, even if it seems as for now the leading vote is for a kilo rework.

The only reason we still have cloning is out of pure spite, it’s kinda silly.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how so many issues in gameplay trace back to the cloners existance.

1 Like

People don’t use them much so I have no idea what your schizoposting about lmao.

1 Like

Why not start with tg’s kilo map as a base and then make custom changes from there?

It would save probably save a lot of time for you when making the custom changes

Genetics is more of a science thing honestly, would at least make it more reasonable why genetics has access to science’s coms.

The meta of “yeah they died, go clone them and done” has long died, nowadays it’s not spamed as it used to be, the synthflesh change alongside the introduction of tending wounds moved us from that mass-spam of cloning, it’s always nice to have it for emergencies

Anyway going back to topic i would personally like Corg zlevel to be fixed first :smug face emote from discord:

I always had a soft spot for Kilo i’d like to see it back with the changes that make it viable for Bee(Explorations room, maintrooms, etc)

I think even setting up a Kilo feedback thread would help a lot since the community helped Fland a lot via adressing all the missing/bugged stuff, back in the day Kilo was super un-mantained and the none of the issues ever got patched iirc, times are different now thanks to having more active coders, mappers, maintaners and community feedback so it would be nice.

3 Likes

So, the vote is over and it seems that the Kilo rework with custom changes won over /tg/'s Meta port.
However some stuff happened in the Discord’s mapping channel:

immagine

immagine

the @dog132 version got unstaled and reopened on the git, so as for now I’ll see what’s going to happen with it, if it gets merged in, I’ll just skip over to the Meta port.

Aright, since now there’s progress on the renewed Kilo, I’ll proceed to do the other voted stuff, which is to port some stuff from /tg/'s meta (and be sure to give them proper feedback!)

Stay tuned for further updates.

1 Like

Hey, if you are reworking meta, can you please add a dual-port airlock vent to atmos airlock turbine? The cycling is broken and it will just lock you in ad infinitium.

whathefuck-1
Probably can just copy paste Delta’s turbine though.

OH abso-fucking-luteley that’s gonna be fix’d, it’s really annoying to work with.

1 Like

Lmao I had to pray to the gods to get out.

Llol build-moded me through the door.

I know this sounds incredibly trivial, but can you also add magboots to engineering hardsuit storage?

Most of the other stations have this except meta for some reason. (See delta)