Killermankey Player Report #2

CKEY: Howluinb

Offender’s CKEY: Killermankey

Offender’s In-Game Name: Robert McSteel

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 10/19/2022

Round Number: 40948

Rules Broken: Do not self antag/no validhunting

Incident Description: Syndie takeover, i buy the hi daniel shuttle, become captain, roleplay things out, never kill anybody, make everyone have AA and whatnot (objective to give access to the crew). I announce I will hijack the shuttle and people who don’t want to be syndicate can just take the pods.
Killing me as I hijack is fine although sad since it’s kinda shit to kill me then instead of, like, interacting with me about it an hour before. Still, allowed by the rules, hijack does make me valid by anyone.
Round lasts 1H30 minutes, takeover happened like 20 minutes in.

However,
Robert spent the whole round never interacting with me, always passing by without a word- and when the shuttle docks, he whips out 2 meth grenades and blows the shuttle in half. He did not even get me with those grenades because he had no vision of inside the shuttle and just threw them willy nilly.
I hadn’t even started hijacking, like, i hadn’t even open the door to the console.
“Hi Daniel” shuttle, the one that is like seven tiles large, killing more than all the syndie kills this round combined, solely to get me wordlessly and shoot me to death.

Additional Information: Another example of why I keep hearing people say “typical robert”, since this wordless validhunt playstyle seems to be common from him, as a non-sec. He spent the entire round powergaming to get some epic bombs and kill like half the shuttle to get one syndie who did not kill anybody in 1.5 hours solely for that epic victory royale, wordlessly with 0 RP. This type of stuff is shit you’d expect from /tg/ LRP, not bee.

5 Likes

Once again the other side of the story must be given.

So. Everything about the first paragraph I would say is true enough. I say the part about me never interacting with them is irrelevant. Why would I want to interact with effectively a person who killed our captain and took over the station.

I had made 2 potassium water grenades. I’ll admit I didn’t realize that it was a oh hi Daniel which would have changed my plans about stopping the hijacking but well it was too late at that point. Before the shuttle arrived I did make a quip about stopping the syndicates. I was hopping that this would stop people from going to the shuttle console. Then I saw it was the shitty shuttle…

Now contrary to the notion that I blew the shuttle in half I had actualy used 2 water potassium grenades that aren’t made more maximum destruction It was more like the control room was exploded and some walls were turned into girders. (I thought that the shuttle computer could be broken. I was later informed that I was wrong. Surprised I never knew this earlier). This is unfortunately space the shuttle but from what I saw someone had hololocked it thankfully. I fully admit to that being bad but from what I saw only a emagged engieborg was destroyed from it.

After this from what I saw. 2 other crewmembers started attacking the syndicate in an attempt to kill them too. We did kill them and threw them out into space. I got throw by a borg before leaving

Lastly I would like to say making false information is rude. From what I saw you yourself said the Typical robert in ooc. Not to mention I have no idea where this comes from. Besides xenomorphs I don’t valid hunt like some tider. To you saying that I spent my entire shift just power gaming I would like to say your wrong and please dont assume on the spot. I was running the commissary as a scav. Sadly because of your little revolt the majority of people got AA so I didn’t really get to do much. Besides getting a plasma can for a janitor there was nothing else I could do to Rp harder.

My last point is while it doesn’t fit in rules it does fit in RP. You said anyone getting on the shuttle was going to be a syndicate, which means that anyone on that shuttle was willingly going traitor to NT.

In the end while I will say I overstepped with the grenades a bit I did not kill anyone besides you, a syndicate that over threw and killed the captain that was really the only nice person to me on the station, threw the station into chaos. Then I exact my revenge on the shuttle. Deciding to save it and all the people onboard. Multiple people join me in my liberation cause it wasn’t just a valid hunting. It was stopping a evil occupier from taking over. Rp is not easy when you just up and overthrow the entire station dynamic. I guess trying to revert Chaos is a “Typical Robert Moment.”

Last thing. Since you were also the person who posted my last report which seemed like you were for lack of better word butthurt, I won’t respond to anything else here as it just feels like you have a grudge against me at this point.

Thing is, atleast two people almost died to the grenades themselves i remember healing a moth from crit thanks to them.
Also we urged howl to make a report in ooc, he wouldnt have made one if we didnt. So him having a grudge is unlikely

2 Likes

I indeed explicitly refused in OOC to make a report until being repeatedly told by two others that they wanted me to make it, solely because i didn’t want it to seem like i’m piling against you or whatever.

Because I was a complete pacifist who never killed anybody ? Like, you could try and spark a duel to fight me which i’d have been happy to oblige, or you could lead a counter revolution and take arms, or I don’t know, anything that isn’t “wordlessly blow up shuttle” ?

Then you still blew it up.
Of note, I am 100% certain you knew. While there was the announcements, HoP also proceeded to say in loud mode on comms, several times, “Hey this is Daniel i’m not stepping on that shuttle” right before it docked. Unless you didn’t read the chat, which i doubt since that’s about the time where you stated your very very ambiguous “quip”, then you’d have almost certainly known.

No.

That is not a sufficient reason to mass murder and remove the atmosphere off of daniel.

The people who joined in shot me with guns. While I’m sad they didn’t RP and preferred to focus on getting le valid by surprise, they didn’t bring in grenades and kill several people solely to feel as if they were saving the station. This RP comes in from after the events, because I assure you, nobody in game ever got to understand what your RP incentives & motives were, since you stayed pretty silent and just wordlessly killed me.

It exploded a roughly 5 tile radius around it, near completely erasing the bottom right half of the shuttle and spacing the rest. At least 5 tiles were completely replaced with space, the rest had their walls blown off or turned to girders.

The holofans were not placed fast enough to prevent several people dying due to pressure damage.

Security, and, the Clown, who was basically promoted to HoP by the traitor and was oddly complacent. Probably should look into their behaviour as well. Others doing something also does not justify doing it, especially without the reasoning.

This makes no sense, the escape shuttle is a necessary part of the round that crew rely on regardless of if they think it’s going to be hijacked or not. I think most of the crew were largely unaware that the captain was a traitor (I personally didn’t realize this until he was getting murdered by everyone on the shuttle) because no one decided to ENGAGE with the captain aside from listening to him. My character even impersonated the captain and still had no idea said captain was a traitor aside from the fact he was yelling about the syndicate and wearing a hardsuit. My character had no idea if this was just insane captain antics or a traitor.

I think the problem more is that no one even attempted to overthrow this captain UNTIL the shuttle, where everyone just ganged up on them, 0RP. If you were really interested in taking back control and RPing that, you should’ve done it earlier when the captain was more easily accessible, not in a crowded space, and literally reachable anywhere (because everyone had AA). Or asked security to do something about it, because that’s their job.

They weren’t going to make this report until I told them to. I don’t think what you did was justifiable at all.

1 Like

Just for clarification, Howluinb killed me pretty early on the shift(I was Detective, the only sec)and eventually the actual Captain got killed by another traitor, but from what i read on radio it seems some people placed the blame on Howluinb even if they denied it on radio multiple times.

So yeah it wasn’t ‘‘full pacifist speedrun’’ but from what i’ve seen no one else really died, they just all got AA and guns, quite a fiesta for a lowpop shift tbh.

In all honestly, i thought Robert was the changeling who just wanted to have some actions and i took the chance of his assault to put an end to the takeover, even though i couldn’t do it as i originally planned, i was very surprised to see it was a non-antag, i remember they said that their objective was to blow up the shuttle console to prevent the hijack (they didn’t know it was indestructible)

I think most of the crew were largely unaware that the captain was a traitor

Lowpop crew are usually very clueless but i’d say this is not the exact case both the previous Captain and when Howluinb took over made very clear that this was a dethroning and overtaking by the Syndicate, there were a Lot of radio messages during the entire shifts but the crew mostly just grabbed AA and guns, they were aware just that they did the correct thing of not jumping to valid hunt or anything like that. This doesn’t justify Robert’s act by any means, but i just wanted to clarify that the crew knew, they just doing their own stuff.

Still called it pacifist because you got killed, left with tracking beacon on in maints, and revived pretty quickly without any other attempts at killing you.
I can see why you would attack me, (despite us interacting together a few times post that and you not attacking me at that point), but as you said, robert was just way too over the line.
And, yeah, I feel pretty certain everyone knew I took over. I mostly let everyone just work their shift normally and helped somewhat. Clown didn’t do shit because when i stepped up he was literally butt naked and never managed to get his gear back (stolen by someone else)

1 Like

This simply does not matter, nor does it work that way. Those people are NOT valid or Syndicate just because they took the escape shuttle. This is not a valid excuse whatsoever.

Plenty of ways to roleplay in that kind of situation like Howluinb stated earlier. You just need to find an angle that isn’t ‘kill the valid’

You did ahelp asking if you could stop the hijacking, but if you have to ask and you know there’s no admins on, then it’s better not to like in this case, after promptly detonating a 180u potassium and water grenade 2 minutes later.

Killermankey/(Robert McSteel) primed a chemical grenade at Emergency Shuttle (0, 0, 0) containing: (metamaterial beaker 1 : Potassium, 180); (metamaterial beaker 2 : Water, 180);. (Emergency Shuttle (166, 47, 2))

In conclusion, what you did was, by any logic, unacceptable. You openly admitted to not having followed the rules, implying it made sense from a roleplay perspective, but this was not the case either. Not that your roleplay in that round was exceptional or note worthy, in any way.

Don’t do this again, you already have a plethora of bans and notes.

Report Processed