Kagiatti banned by ivniinvi

CKEY: kagiatti

Admin’s CKEY: ivniinvi

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 11-30-2021

Round ID: 34 405

Ban Reason: Metacomms with Babynea

Appeal Reason: I will start from posting rule about meta-communication, “Players are not allowed to use information gained in any way other than from their living character’s point of view during an ongoing round […] You may not use information gained through voice communications with other players […]”. This rule states that i can not use any information that i gathered in any other way than through my characters point of view. which i didn’t do. And yes i was using voice chat to talk with them but not go get information or anything like that but to help them with controls as they didn’t understand it. Through entire round we maybe talked 3 sentences. i remember two, they asked what is an ID slot and how to rename things. We didn’t talking about ongoing round.

Additional Information: History of round from what i remember: I started as paramedic talked about something with CMO, got some medical equipment. wanted to get a laser pointer for fun when there is nothing to do. So i got to brig, talked for some time with lawyer. He didn’t have a laser pointer but left it on arrival shuttle so i got to arrivals. Shuttle was not there so i wanted to find something cool in maints. I was there maybe 6 minutes, didn’t find anything. Then i wanted to get RCD as it really helps in rescue. got to engi and it was just a big hole after SM explosion, so i wandered there for some time to maybe find some dead crew, found one dead in maint between engi and bar, they were ssd so i just put them in morgue. Then CMO told me to bring 2 battery cells so i got to sci, got batteries and when i wanted to get back to med i got banned without a ticket/bwoink.

1 Like

. **Note:** If you wish to use meta-comms to help assist/teach new players, contact an admin first and we will likely allow it.

I’m confused, you read the rules and even posted them in this appeal, but didn’t mention this?

The staff here are very open to teaching new players, the important part being telling us you are doing so.

I have no real sway on how this appeal will go, I just wanted to note this.

2 Likes

After doing some investigating. There was a pretty clear violation of our meta-coming policy. You are allowed to help new players on the condition you inform the admins about it. You didn’t even though you where already warned about this. And then acting on knowledge you had no in character way of knowing.I don’t feel like this ban was not inappropriately applied. And see no reason as of now on accepting it.

You may retry in a year