Joon Note Appeal by Chiryn

Title: Joon Note Appeal by Chiryn

CKEY: PinkSuzuky

Admin’s CKEY: Chiryn

Ban Type: Note

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2023-04-02

Round ID: Unsure!

Ban Reason: Near-direct reference to Joon Yorigami, the touhou character, Shion Rosenthal/Yorigami’s sister. Rosenthal means the exact same as Yorigami, and both share the same looks of the characters. Understanding in ticket, changed to Joon Komoko.

Appeal Reason: I have become aware that Rosenthal is not a reference to Yorigami and there is absolutely no connection!
I could not defend myself at the time because this was just a name I stole from Absolucy, a name I knew little about, hence I couldn’t defend it.

Now, because I want to be a good girl and don’t like having notes on my no-no book, I will struggle to shake off my natural complacency in hopes of getting this note completely nuked from existence.

Now, I’m not a tohou fan, I don’t know the first thing about tohou and I don’t really want to have anything to do with it.
HOWEVER, I do know Joon and Shion are characters from the game and I’ve used (what I will refer to as FAKE JOON)'s likeness to make an image for myself on discord.

Joon Rosenthal was supposed to be a one-off joke meant to pester Absolucy, at the time I knew the FAKE SHION had a FAKE JOON sister and that they had misery related interests. I wasn’t expecting Absolucy to enjoy it as much as she did, so I did it next round as well.

But then I enjoyed it.
I developed my (trademarked of course) usual Suit, Tophat, Lipstick, Sunglasses look after spending a lot of bee coins.

Joon is greedy, loud, egocentric, wacky, whimsical, mostly non-conflituous, and proud. She’s a bit of me and everything I wish I was.

I am mistaken for a man every round for some god-forsaken reason, so I can’t even say I look like FAKE JOON.

In the end, if this note sticks it would be because I have the same first name as some tohou character and pigtails.

But that’s for you to decide right!

Additional Information: I don’t entirely intend to go back to Rosenthal if this gets accepted. Main reason I’m making this appeal is because people keep asking me in game what happened. And why I changed my name. And I told them all I was disowned. And I like that Character Arc. I’ve been Joon Komoko, Joon Power, and now Joon July. (And IC these are just names I “made up”). I plan on taking the names of people I like for a round to make them feel as special as Shion felt the first time I did this. Because I like them and all!

Chyrin if you have any questions let me know! As you must have understood I’m willing to compromise. But having notes makes me feel I’ve been misbehaving and transport me back to my school days when I was a less-than-desirable student…

Cheers!

3 Likes

It’s because Joon sounds like a weird John, i too thought your character was a man at the beginning.

And yet again a stupid name ban because conincidentaly it was the same name as another thing if you translate it in a different language. This seriously sounds dumb. Had the same for a guy that was named Red [Red in german], like nobody knows or care if it’s some obscure reference.
If 99% of people don’t find a problem with it i don’t understand why one guy knowing another character that has a name that mean the same thing coincidentaly can force you to change your name.

1 Like

It’s a bit more complicated than that, because at the start I did it knowingly. But Rosenthal cannot be translated into the other FAKE JOON’s name!

Actually, it wasn’t even that, the admin seemingly just misremembered and didn’t bother to double-check, until they bwoinked me later and I corrected them.

Rosenthal = “rose valley” in German.
Yorigami = “deity” in Japanese.

1 Like

I was informed of the meaning of Rosenthal (which was indeed rose valley, same as Yorigami allegedly) by another staff member. I double checked online and found a source which did confirm this, but admittedly it might not have been enough.

That was not to say I wasn’t expecting this when Absolucy made a fair point. I apologize for this mistake and as such, I will lift the note, as I do not believe merely resembling the character, with the same first name is a direct reference.

Appeal Processed