Ban Length:
5 Days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2021/12/27
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Took the HoS gun to go valid hunting.
Appeal Reason:
well, i had just joined the round and the first thing i heard on the radio was “i heard xenos next to cargo”, i went directly into the bar thinking the xmas tree still had presents (unfortunately i was wrong) then i went to security to grab some gear to fight the xenos. the Warden was at the locker room with a CC official and asked what the HoS’ gun was doing on a table i told him “i was told to secure it” which i hasnt been but was planning to find the HoS and give it to him instead if keeping it in the armory with the warden (stupid decision i know) and then the moment i left the brig i heard someone on the radio saying that there were xenos next to cargo again, so i went there with some ERT guy and started searching, soon after i found nothing, instead of giving up and finding the HoS i went to library maints to see if i would be able to find anything, i opened a door and died almost instantly because a xeno queen was waiting on the other side and the gun was left on the floor while i was dead being infected by xenos. i know i have made a mistake by lying to the warden that i had been ordered to secure the HoS’ gun and an even bigger one by choosing to go scout for xenos with it instead of giving it back, but i think 5 days is too much for this. i think this was my first ban in any bee server and it has been a while since the last time i played ss13 (i have been playing on bee again for about a week but before that the last time i had played on a MRP server was somewhere around 2020’s december) and im a bit rusty.
Additional Information:
i don’t know if it makes any difference to put this here but, when it happened i was listening to the witcher’s soundtrack and had just finished watching the first season for the second time, so i was kind of feeling like a hero who would be able to kill the xenos with one shot with whatever weapon i used. (this is my first time using forums btw, sorry if i made any mistakes)

I don’t think ban should be removed considering you managed to get two open player reports at the same time.

Also I don’t remember “i did an oopsie” being an excuse that would allow bans to be lifted, you clearly went out of your way to hunt instead of returning high-risk item back.

i dont think the ban should be removed either, but maybe diminished? it is my first ban after all

This is a blatant lie.

3 Likes

i didnt know i could check my own bans, as i said its my first time using the forums and i never used anything related to bee outside byond besides the discord (which i barely used) i also didnt know about that first ban being given so thanks for that and i didnt remember the last one being a ban, i saw it on my admin remarks but thought it was only a note. if i did know about it i wouldnt have said it, don’t just assume i was lying

In short you lied to the warden to steal the HoS gun and took it with you to valid hunt in maint.
There’s no dispute over any of this. It’s very clearly described in the rules as something not to be done.

There’s no redeeming factor here to shorten a ban, especially when you have similar currently ongoing reports on the forums and a ban for the exact same behavior.

Leaving this open for other admin input but it looks like a no at the moment.

In all fairness, xenos are an existential threat, and therefore cannot be validhunted in a rulebreaking manner. If there legitimately were Xenos, I’d be in favor of shortening but not completely removing the ban.

While i would agree on that, he kept the gun before meeting xenos and made no real attempt to return it.

Station Response Full text

Station Response: How station crew is allowed/expected to respond when seeing certain factions on station or meeting them when exploring. In many cases, outsiders are allowed to be treated more harshly than they are allowed to treat the crew. For example: Golems must follow normal escalation in their interactions and should not be provoking or engaging in conflict unless ordered, but crew are allowed to immediately terminate Golems which are acting out of line. Golems may then defend themselves in response to the attempt on their life.

• N/A - This is just crew from an outside perspective. Normal escalation applies because you aren’t going to know what they are.
  • Normal - Station crew should follow normal escalation when engaging
  • Lavaland - Same as lavaland escalation above; crew may treat any apparently hostile intent from this entity as if they are a hostile threat. This does not necessarily mean whack the valid, use common sense to decide if your character should be fearful of them because they’re a decked out murder machine, but you don’t have to call security to break a sentient pet’s neck if it’s being a little shit.
  • Hostile - Station crew should view this entity as inherently hostile on sight and act accordingly. Again this doesn’t mean whack the valid if you aren’t in a combat-oriented role.

Xenomorphs warrant a hostile response. However: note this under the hostile response definition.

• Hostile - Station crew should view this entity as inherently hostile on sight and act accordingly. Again this doesn’t mean whack the valid if you aren’t in a combat-oriented role.

He was a secoff no? Also that really needs to be updated for the existentials (blob, nukies, etc)

Yes, which is why I was in favor of shortening but not removing this ban, as it was a five day ban for his first ban in over a year.

I’ve not a blasted clue.

Mentioning the jobs of people involved in reports should really become standard.

as i said, i was going to return it but then xenos were reported and i died with it, if i ended up finding nothing in maints i would have given the gun back

and yes i was a sec officer, if i were some assistant with the HOS’ weapon i wouldnt have done this appeal in the first place, since that is a mistake thats off the charts

The game ban has since expired.
Taking station critical items such as traitor objectives to valid hunt with, when they are next to a host of more viable weapons, without even talking to the owner, and having to go and search for the threat yourself, is not appropriate.