Jonnysalami / Kiera Katsura Player Feedback Thread

Heard there was a ling that tried to impersonate Kie

Was immediately found out because they were walking

6 Likes

Several months ago so take it as you want, is being oblivious part of your character? I don’t enjoy repeating myself or having to re-explain things, I’ve interacted with you twice and in those short times I could notice myself getting kind of exhausted.

Maybe you changed since then and my criticism doesn’t apply, but if you haven’t, keep this in mind.

(A lot of people pick socially awkward or naive as their RP basis, horrible, don’t go on that path, gets downright annoying)

Initially being oblivious was a big part of her character. I still play her as somewhat oblivious and a little naïve, but it comes down to what shes been told by other people typically. The other part is that I try to only rely on her ability to smell/hear/feel/taste. Even if I know ooc from my screen flashing that theres something bad in a room, I figure unless theres a way I’d know from those senses, then its time to keep on truckin.

Blood for instance, I always have Kiera wonder why a room smells like iron. As far as she knows, the Colossus on Lavaland is part of a species of “tall red giraffes that scream at people,” because thats what people playing shaft miner told her.

Basically, I try to stick to her senses, and base her knowledge off of what people told her

1 Like

Its true it can get rather old, but you can also have some fun with it too.

Most people stop you if you try to give them an unwarranted haircut, but not Kiera.

I THOUGHT I RESPONDED TO THIS, SORRY.

This has stuck with me a lot. I know there are a lot of characters that are angry/vindictive, total limp noodles, or entitled. I really do try to get Kiera to be dynamic as a person, while working off of a base.

Thank you much for this feedback. I always wonder if I’m RPing well as a character or not, or if my quality is going down. I’ve actually been thinking about going back to Cargo for awhile to man the front desk and really develop my emotes more.

Thank you also for being a good Geneticist to work with, knocking stuff out at super speed is always a lot of fun!

The other night, I had the absolute fortune of @Aeder giving me the ling succ. While watching as a ghost, I got to see this (paraphrased from memory) amazing hivemind discussion between the lings:

Mr. Gamma: Is Kiera always in a wheelchair? (Mr. Gamma is wearing my blindfold)
Ms. Rho: SHES DISABLED, OF COURSE SHES ALWAYS IN THE FUCKING CHAIR
Mr. Gamma: Oh

Thinking on it, he quickly changed disguises in maints after DLing the Science data, as the radio started exploding to “WHYS KIERA OUT OF HER CHAIR”

5 Likes

kiera has seen jesus and breached containment

CALL THE ERT

2 Likes

That was not me yo

SMH I’m busy doing .g over radio coms instead.

Edit : Ah now I remember. That does make sense, a little while ago.

I… am not a good ling. next time I take wheelchair too.

1 Like

I was laughing hard, it made up for knowing I wasnt going to be revived, lol