John Grandma admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Efemu

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Efem

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): sometimes CEST

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

First of all I would try to keep admins from overworking themselves (they do it for free), (then I would ban viny)

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be an admin?: I would like to keep griefers away and make the overall experience more enjoyable for the players.

How long have you been playing SS13?: practically? ssethtide

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: ssethtide

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 6?

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 0

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

I dont think so (technically I was Rising Storm 2 admin for a week but that doesn’t count.)

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Your strengths:

I like beestation. Also I try not to judge the player but the character ingame.

Your weaknesses:

I hate beestation. I may get overly lenient and cautious with bans, nobody likes getting banned.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Something like obvious lies, griefing. (and Viny liking supremacy in rising storm 2, who likes that mode???)

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

Patience

What makes a staff team good?:

Communication and good relations

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

safeguarding experience of players, ((banning cringe griefmen))

What kind of player are you?:

The builder, I like to take my time creating various autism projects of dubious artistic quality. (And no I am not a borg main.)

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

ruko and the rest of the gang will be able to take their time off adminning to ruin beecode

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

Bwoink clown since stealing hos gun is no longer allowed, depending on whenever clown understands his wrongdoing and doesn’t have similar notes I would either note him or jobban.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

Ajail, check his hours, ask him to “Explain yourself” (if it’s an account with 0 hours or similar I’d ask auth for permaban)

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

IC issue, if ahelped I’d link chemistry wiki page or explain what went wrong.

4 Likes

what if you actually applied for admin
:flushed:

1 Like
Collapsed Off Topic post

Wrong, you should gib the HoS for being an idiot and award the clown with a debug uplink for being such a cool guy.

You are entirely wrong here, this is literally a part of Atmos job description, don’t bother players who are just doing their jobs.

You forgot to point and laugh.

I’m sorry if this was a serious admin application, but you posted it in the wrong forum so I’m assuming this is a joke thread :smiley:

clearly it is not a joke :)
admins can you move it to staff applications

Haha I’m sorry, I wish you all the best, your answers were actually good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to make you repeat yourself, but
this is meant to be an actual aplication, yes?
If so i’ll move it to the right category and clean up

1 Like

Just make this post the peanut post, and copy paste the filtered one to apps

1 Like

tfw your joke application turns into a serious one, anyways if you’re really serious about this your hours are fine and you don’t appear to cause much trouble, I think you would be a fine addition to the team and I hope the rest of your app goes well. 1+

2 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like

This is now a serious admin application. And yes i still want to ban viny.

I’ve moved it to staff apps since you’ve decided to make it serious.

I’d like to give you a chance, you have great note/ban history, love bearaxe and banning viny is a nice bonus.

+1

1 Like

Glorious

Tbh, this is a little hard to take seriously, but between hours and play record I’m going to drop a +1 for now (may change when someone gets around to questions). I meant what I said in discord and I think you’re worth giving a shot if you want to give it a try.

T: +2

1 Like

In this thread, Ruko fails at simple math.

T: +3

2 Likes

It’s not my fault @Viny1 did a 1+ instead of a +1.
I didn’t see that shit

2 Likes

Hi_Bingus

1 Like

This angers us too… you’ll fit in good here once you learn the ropes.

So this is one thing to be careful of. If it’s the person who screwed up feel free to help them out, but if it’s someone unrelated or outside of the initial knowledge pool you need to keep them out. Normally ahelps like tat look something like “Chemist just exploded.” and you can answer with a simple “Investigating” “dealt with” or “I’ll look into it.” People who don’t know IC information don’t get IC information.

Overall looks like a nice application.

+1
T: +4

Don’t forget this either. This is important.

1 Like

Very much so.

If i could vote for you i would Efe.

If mentor vouches mean anything. (Which they fucking should. We are staff too. Acknowledge us.)

2 Likes

Youre pleasant to talk to on the discord, i mirror most of the opinions of this thread.

1+

T:5

1 Like

a day without me adminning is another day viny is allowed to exist
:pensive:
(yes this is a bump)