CKEY: Johanot

Admin’s CKEY: rukofamicom

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: all

Which server did the ban happen on? SAge

Ban Type: game

Ban Length: 2 weeks

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/10/2021

Round ID: 26929

Ban Reason: Self-antag - intentionally trying to help a slaughter demon because “they were high”. If you can’t follow the rules, stay off the server when you’re high. You have a lot of self-antag in your recent history, of varying degrees.

Appeal Reason: The ban reason admin wrote is pure bullshit

Additional Information: “intentionally trying to help a demon” - vague and misleading, the only thing I did was wound myself to create blood for the demon, yes, it might be against the rules and I know that. “if you can’t follow the rules, stay off the server if you’re high” - when I answered “I was high” in the ahelp, I didn’t mean I was high irl, it meant that IC I was tripping and vommiting on the floor, but of course you wouldn’t ask me to clarify that in the ahelp because you don’t care to get the full picture. “You have a lot of self-antag in your recent history, of varying degrees” - oh, I do? Care to show them?

imagine getting banned for 3 weeks for hitting yourself with a toolbox

Then it was self-antag, and you knew it was self-antag.

MRP - Geneticist - Shoved Clown into electrified-grille-conveyor

Killed a cyborg as sec because the cyborg didn’t let them execute a prisoner

Robbed a guy naked because of previous property dispute and then a minor conflict.

didn’t even botgher to paste the WHOLE note? the said person(pretty sure if it was not the clown) himself had shoved 2 innocent people into the conveyor. comms were out, I couldn’t call sec. before he shoved anyone else in there, I did the same to him. and it was not me who built the conveyor

how long ago did I get them? good 4 months ago?

it seems to me that the only reason the ban is 3 weeks is “”“your note history”“”.

two of the notes you posted are old as fuck and the third one is something I shouldn’t even have gotten a note for. I don’t usually appeal notes cause it’s kinda useless, but in this case it’s genuinely making you ban me for longer than I deserve

Notes are considered recent for up to a year depending on the severity of the incident. Most notes are considered relevant for six months, with only very minor notes being for one month.

Also the ban is not for three weeks, it’s for two.

hahah… oops :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

Relevant but an aside none the less: status effect logging(ie: affected with [effect] because [reason] and vice versa) may have helped understand this meant high IC. Further points will be made into a split.

Admin Edit to make the side discussion more visible

1 Like

Let’s take a look at everything that’s happened in the round as a whole.

Right out the gate as soon as you latejoin the round:

Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:25:51.363 PDA: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) (PDA: lawyer PDA to Everyone) “robust” (Port Primary Hallway (72, 140, 2))

You also decide to netspeak constantly:

Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:29:00.861 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “lemao” (Brig (108, 167, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:29:13.512 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “lemao” (Brig (107, 167, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:29:45.958 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “lemao” (Brig (108, 167, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:30:44.838 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “lemao” (Brig (107, 166, 2))

Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:36:09.175 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “ROBUST!!” (Bar (141, 134, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:36:24.671 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “ROBUST!!” (Medbay Treatment Center (137, 124, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:36:51.118 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “ROBUST!!” (Medbay Central (143, 125, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:37:11.287 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “ROBUST!!” (Bar (135, 135, 2))
Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:39:45.796 SAY: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) “robust!!” (Chapel (180, 139, 2))

Another no-reason PDA to everyone

Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:39:03.423 PDA: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) (PDA: lawyer PDA to Everyone) “deez nuts!” (Chapel (184, 146, 2))

Somewhere amid all of this the shuttle is called because a slaughter demon has been rampaging. You decide to consume this mixture (first time you were “high”) and start toolboxing yourself to make blood for the slaughter demon.

Feb 10, 2021 @ 11:43:14.469 ATTACK: Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) has transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/consumable/ethanol/vodka (5u), /datum/reagent/drug/mushroomhallucinogen (3u), /datum/reagent/toxin/amatoxin (3u), /datum/reagent/consumable/nutriment (4u), /datum/reagent/growthserum (3u) and /datum/reagent/consumable/nutriment/vitamin (5u)) from the amanita jelly to Johanot/(Garrett Kelley) (NEWHP: 80.1) (Emergency Shuttle (206, 139, 2))

So tell me, at what point do you want to say you were actually role playing?

The fact you’d try to claim RP as a defense is extraordinarly insulting to RP as a whole. There’s about six lines of dialogue where you tried to talk to Kenny as a lawyer to defend someone for their crimes and you immediately dropped it and left to do the rest of the above.

I didn’t ever say I was roleplaying

Also I didn’t just drop it, I ended our dispute because Kenny said that the prisoner’s timer had ran out already

You’re on a roleplaying server. The fact your actions are motivated by roleplaying should be a given, but not only that… you claimed your justification for this was that you were high IC - that is to say, trying to justify your self-antag actions as roleplaying someone who was high…?

Of course I don’t think it’s a good enough reason for self-antag, because if it was it would be too much of an easy loophole. The reason “I was high” was just the first answer to come to mind

Not a good enough reason to knowingly aid an antagonist.
Also if you don’t want to roleplay maybe don’t play MRP?
Keep this ban in my opinion.

This isn’t roleplay, it’s self-antag because “haha funny”

1 Like

was there
keep it imo

Can it become a sage ban instead at least? :thinking:

Nope, self antag is againt’s the rules on both servers. The ban could be lowered a bit but it’s gonna stay for now.

1 Like

I already said that on discord, gonna repeat it here: keep the ban.

1 Like

Ppl get shorter bans for cremating innocents, what I did didn’t ruin anyone’s round even though it could

Cremating innocents is usually because they were mistaken as part IC confusion or conflict, not intentional malice. Your case is not only intentional malice, but could easily have resulted in most of the shuttle being killed and the only reason it didn’t was because you were stopped.

Appeal denied.

You’re lucky it’s not a permanent Sage ban on top of being a self-antag ban after presenting the argument that you were never roleplaying at all.