CKEY: CFWMagic

Your Discord: N/A

Offender’s CKEY: PicoTableti

Offender’s In-Game Name: Fodiiz-Kaal

Server (Sage or Acacia): Acacia

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 9/18/2021

Round Number: 32760

Rules Broken: R7, Be Excellent to Eachother, R14, metacommunications

Incident Description: JGatling falsified their report on 9/18/2021. While there WAS an IC incident as they have described, they have lied about personal insults. No OOC or dead-chat insults have been delivered, and the round in question they mentioned had no interaction beyond them playing HoS and randomly stopping and asking my character (an Assistant, at the time) what they were doing. To which, the character replied accordingly: “With all due respect, what I’m doing is none of your business. If I’m under investigation, arrest me. Otherwise, fuck-off.” which is, considering in character Assistants are the favorite target of security, fully in character. No insults have been delivered in OOC, in dead-chat or any other form of meta communication. It is my firm belief that JGatling is, in fact, attempting to ban bait an IC issue into an OOC issue.

Additional Information: I don’t really pay attention to OOC and forums until I need to be here, so I should’ve disputed their claim as it was reported at the time.

Alright look, here’s a small clear up since I decided to go back through the report I wrote when I was honestly tired and wanted to do nothing but sleep,

The OOC part is my honest mistake, and didn’t really pay attention to who was just talking shit because in all due respect, I really thought it was you, given how similarly they typed.

However, I wrote that report on a round when you were a warden, if I’m correct, not when you were an assistant.

That is STILL an IC issued however. There’s a stark difference between IC interaction with a character who is, for all intents and purposes, military police, and then taking that OOC. Same as with Assistants insulting security on a regular basis because they’re committing minor crimes, clowns making Security life a living hell by ensuring the hallways are ALWAYS well stocked with banana peels and, on Acacia, Syndicate quite LITERALLY entering a word war with Security over the radio, and exchanging very strong words in character, because it makes sense for them to hate each other IC.

You conveniently forgot to mention that the issue is completely IC, and you completely forgot to mention that was an IC escalation. The HoS prevented the warden from what the warden viewed as legitimate security measures, the warden then reported said HoS to Central Command because in character they believed that the HoS was at best incompetent and at worst corrupt and working with the Syndicate to weaken security measures. And then you conveniently forgot to mention that at some point the warden actually cryo’d in protest, instead of escalating further.

At no point were you, as the player, disrespected. The whole affair was and is an IC issue. Treating it as anything other than what it is: Workplace friction, is underhanded. It is NOT against rules, for a military security officer to do what they are supposed to be doing: Security. And it’s NOT against the rules for a character to be angry at their superior for what that character believes was sabotaging their work.

In fact, I believed some workplace friction would’ve in fact made the round a little more interesting. If CC did reply, there would have been a military tribunal of sorts, with either the Warden or HoS receiving the consequences. That would’ve created some unique IC circumstances.

At no point were you, the player, personally disrespected. And if you felt that way, you could’ve actually asked me, as a player, directly about the IC escalation instead of being dishonest and reporting an IC escalation as OOC disrespect.

I herby maintain my report:

I believe you broke rule 1 and rule 14 by ban baiting an IC issue into OOC.

To me, it stopped feeling like an IC issue when every single round when we ended up as security together, we’d more or less just keep getting into an argument about the same thing from several rounds ago. To me at that point, it just felt like you were more or less being disrespectful for the sake of being disrespectful, instead of having it be an RP gimmick.

I’m not sure if you understand, but every single time I tried to play as HoS with you, it always turned into a game of “how long can you stand your warden insulting you and berating you about door bolts until they cryo”. It’s genuinely not a fun experience to be constantly yelled at for something you said 2-3 rounds ago.

Hell, I even stopped playing Fodiiz just so I could avoid getting into a senseless argument about door bolts and security measures with you.

Then I suggest you do play a different character as you have been doing. Just because you take it personal, or feel that it is OOC disrespect, doesn’t mean it is. Conflict IS SUPPOSED to happen IC, be it between Syndicate and NT, or between station crew.

And again, instead of directly asking about it, you decided to go the dishonest route and falsify your report. Just because you FEEL disrespected, doesn’t mean that is the case. If I did what you just did, I would report players who consistently play unruly assistants and consistently try their best to annoy, insult and otherwise make security life a living hell.

Bolting doors is NOT against the rules. IC friction is NOT against the rules. Characters being on less than friendly terms due to things that happen in game is NOT against the rules. So if the Warden bolts the doors, every single round, because the IC gimmick is that they are paranoid (within reason), and then every single round the HoS makes sure those security measures can not be implemented, it makes sense that yes, every single round that gimmick comes back up. You reporting me because you feel wronged OOC for what was done IC, and then attempting to ban bait for it, however, IS against the rules. That is called Metagrudge. And it breaks rules 1 and 14.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

So you’re reporting them for… player reporting you, and you think they lied in it?
Just clarify this for me.

Ban baiting. Their original report was essentially a lie. They have claimed they have been insulted OOC, which they have NOT been. As outlined above, they pretty much admit they were dishonest about it.

And reported ME for insults despite it being another player who did that. All because they metagrudged against ME, because there was in character friction. The result is, that I get a note, because some other player insults them, but because they have a meta-grudge against me, they report ME.

They have since edited their original report to conveniently remove their lie, yet I get to keep a note which resulted from a falsified report.

If you read through the thread, you’ll also see that their original report essentially stands on nothing. It’s an IC issue, which happened because my character bolted doors as Warden to prevent tiding, their character as HoS making sure those security measures can not be implemented, then my character reporting their to CC for perceived incompetence.

Their HoS character was also harshly criticized for extreme incompetence, that happened in the same round, such as:

• Failure to investigate suspicious reports in a timely manner (Took them ten minutes to investigate any report at all)
  • Failure to maintain security in the brig for meta reasons (They literally metagrudge against bolting doors because they want antags and tiders to have an easier time to break into the brig)
  • Other minor IC issues such as my character criticizing theirs for being drunk on duty

All of these issues are clearly IC issues, and I have made it a point that IC and OOC are very different, as such, no dead-chat or OOC insults have been delivered.

But because their feelings got hurt, they originally reported these IC issues as OOC insults, in order to bait an admin into punishment. Once a note has been given to me, and once I noticed it, it was already too late to dispute their claim.

They have then proceeded to edit their original report to hide the fact they lied about OOC insults. And I get to keep a note for a breach of rules that I didn’t commit.

This is about THIS report, correct? Yoko Reid Player Report

Correct.

Post must be at least 20 characters long.

Then if the logs are anything to go by, all you did on the reported round was insult jgatling over something that seemed incredibly minor. Did you happen to get the round ID wrong?

I did insult them IC, but not OOC. I do not know which round ID it is as I have not paid attention to it at all beforehand, and by the time I realized they have filed a false report, it was too late. I’m thinking of the round where, I cryo’d and immediately went borg afterwards. There was another person in dead-chat who essentially immediately went like “HoS is so bad that even Warden cryo’d”.

They they proceeded to duke it out with that person, but reported me for some reason.

There WERE multiple rounds, in quick succession in which the same thing happened:

The warden bolts the doors to prevent tiding, the HoS orders the bolts removed to simplify tiding, the HoS and Warden then enter an argument over it IC, with proper escalation and workplace friction.

So I can’t even tell you the round ID. I simply do not know and did not expect an IC issue to be reported as OOC.

EDIT: In general, there was A LOT of IC friction, every single round we played together. Examples outlined above. But as far as I can remember, all of it was strictly IC, and all of it had legitimate escalation. It was a strictly IC conflict, where the Warden was constantly frustrated at the all around incompetence of their superior. Unless, IC criticism for incompetence at their job is not permitted, each time the HoS was insulted IC, was for a very specific reason and followed escalation rules. In fact, at no point was there a physical altercation, even.

From what I can see here:

• You, the Warden on this round, were bolting doors to the brig, according to what you call in-character paranoia.
  • The HoS sees this, and says “You know, you don’t have to bolt that door.”
  • You respond by explaining that there’s a room someone can enter next to the brig and you believe it’s a security threat, and the HoS replies by explaining that assistants don’t have access to the room anyways.
  • Your response to this is to insult the Head of Security. Several times. The HoS ignores the insults and brings up the fact that someone could just unbolt the door if they had hacking tools. You dodge the question and tell the HoS to fuck off. `
Logs

@ 17:44:13.980 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “Dorms, maintenace!” (Starboard Bow Maintenance (149, 163, 2))
@ 17:43:57.847 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “SPACE VINES!!” (Starboard Bow Maintenance (150, 162, 2))
@ 17:42:14.285 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “Mhm.” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))
@ 17:42:06.032 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “You got orders. Give them. Otherwise? Fuck off.” (Fore Maintenance (127, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:58.223 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “Look. Let me do my job. And I’ll let you do yours.” (Fore Maintenance (127, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:44.762 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “If your fear is someone just hacking the door open, what’s stopping them from pulsing the bolts open?” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:35.090 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “I don’t care what you think, honestly.” (Fore Maintenance (130, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:25.177 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “But I stopped expecting any semblance of cerebral activity from you.” (Fore Maintenance (131, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:23.567 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “You think I don’t know how going through a door works?” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))
@ 17:41:11.257 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “See, if you were a tiny bit more competent. You’d know what this is.” (Fore Maintenance (130, 172, 2))
@ 17:40:56.337 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “You can’t just barge in through them as an assistant.” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))
@ 17:40:49.622 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “The doors have security only access, Yoko.” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))
@ 17:40:35.962 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “Which can then be used to infiltrate security.” (Fore Maintenance (132, 172, 2))
@ 17:40:28.609 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “Past that wall is a room.” (Fore Maintenance (132, 172, 2))
@ 17:40:15.895 SAY: CFWMagic/(Yoko Reid) “This is why I do.” (Fore Maintenance (132, 172, 2))
@ 17:39:55.272 SAY: PicoTableti/(Fodiiz-Kaal) “You know, you don’t have to bolt that door.” (Fore Maintenance (129, 172, 2))

Now, the behavior in question seems REALLY disproportionate to me. You had no prior interaction earlier in the round that would give you in-character reasoning to disrespect your superior so much, and instead of trying to work through the problem with them, you insult them and ignore their points.

If anything, I’m inclined to believe that you metagrudged HIM. In-character conflict is fine. Disagreements are fine. Not getting along with your coworkers is fine. But consistently going after someone to the point where it ruins their experience is not. Additionally, you’re seemingly mixing up a lot of rounds which makes it very hard on me to investigate this report - which is made worse by the fact that several of the things you’ve said are outright false.

You’ve also made several claims, that you know exactly what the other party’s intentions were.

“The issue is completely IC” They aren’t an admin, and in-fact an admin declared this to be an OOC issue.

The HoS, would, in-universe and in-character, obviously not have anything to do with the Syndicate - in-character, previous shifts didn’t happen. No antagonists infiltrated the station, there’s no chance of the HoS to work with the Syndicate. They are extremely loyal to NanoTrasen and have been thoroughly background checked and likely have a good track record if they’re a HoS. If anything, you, as the HoS’s underling, should be inclined to listen to the HoS’s advice, since they would, in theory, have seniority over you and they are your direct superior - in-charge of security for the whole station.

This was already resolved by an admin, and this report wasn’t exactly filled out properly, since you mixed different rounds together, you claim you can’t get a round ID, and yet you keep pushing this.

If you believe that JGatling is metagrudging you, please make adminhelps if it happens in-round, make a report with details pertaining to each incident, et cetera. This report is denied.