Jenkins27 Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Jenkins27, RandomMalware
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
05-█#5591
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
I have a medical condition that means I occasionally have to invert my sleeping pattern, timezone is GMT+1 but inverted I would be up at UTC+12 times. Although it varies usually around 6-10pm.
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Another admin who can play Lrp, I don’t know enough about Beestation to immediately make changes.
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be an admin?:
I like this server and its community and the admin team seems understaffed on the Lrp server.
How long have you been playing SS13?:
I first saw it back in 2016 and played for a few months, after that I played it occasionally but it was pretty rare. I recently got back into the game though.
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
BeeBot says “2020-03-20 20:35:43
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
Summing up everything I know about 2d spessmen gaem in 10 choices is hard…
Engineering: 4
Service: 4
Security: 6
Command: 7
Medical: 8
Science: 9

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
7?
Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Yes. I have been an admin on Barotrauma and a private SS13 server although both had a fairly small community.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
RandomMalware
Your strengths:
I’ve been an admin before and I have the required lack of sanity to go near Golden.
Your weaknesses:
The amount of free time I have varies alot, ingame I’m not very good at combat.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Feigning innocence, like when logs prove that someone did something and they say they never did it.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Either, the ability to think calm and rationally even when something angers you or just teamwork.
What makes a staff team good?:
… Teamwork
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To enforce the rules and create events with the end goal of increasing the fun of everyone playing.
What kind of player are you?:
I like gimmicks and science, don’t like playing security that much.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Catch 22, I’m not a staff member so I don’t know what I would be like as a staff member, I just hope I don’t become a neckbeard.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
If the HoS was actively using it possibly a ticket, otherwise its a harmless prank…
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
If he claims innocence (e.g not realising he wasn’t antag or something that actually might be true not “I didn’t do it”) and he has no notes probably a strong note, otherwise probably a ban.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Personally I feel reviving him and fixing it is the right thing to do, but whenever I see this happen admins don’t interfere so I would do the same.

I don’t like the answer for the second question, also I don’t think you really understand MRP rules, as you thought it’s okay to attack clown because they were removing floortiles around your reinforced ones.
-1 from me.

I should probably specify, if they had no notes and a long playtime e.g 200+ hours. And regarding the latter; not sure if this is really the place for it but if you still have the round ID you can check it…

-2 just got banned for metagrudge.

I kinda like the app but you just got banned for metagrudge

I feel I have to defend myself but lying about it would just be shit. Although to be fair it was Rebel Trouble

To be fair, I do not have any recollection of him metagrudging me so it couldn’t have been that bad.

Something to add to my case, I play golden a lot, and I had a few nights where I was up at like 4am, so I checked it and you guys have one admin on golden about 5-6 hours of a 24 hour day. Even if I was really shit I’d probably still be better than nothing.

A shit admin is worse than no admin almost 100% of the time.

Really?

Even if I was really shit

Atleast I covered all my bases

I would normally wait until more time has passed or more overall votes, but this is a major ban over a grudge, and you just tried to justify it like it’s okay to grudge this person because they’re this person.

Application denied.

1 Like