Ban Type:
global
Ban Length:
month
Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
07/13/2021
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Murdered the captain and took his ID because the captain had taken his ID and not given it back. Self-antag. You can always TRY to appeal.
Appeal Reason:
What happened during this round was one big failure, security was terribly incompetent and I’m surprised no one got banned during this round except me. Captain is a role I never touched even though I have been playing ss13 for two years, why? Because you need to be able to manage people like in real life, that’s why it’s a mrp server. If the person who was a captain couldn’t do anything on a server as big as beestation, he should receive some kind of punishment as a lesson not to push in places where you need to keep your eyes open.As a tired scientist of sitting in jail for half an hour and REPEATEDLY BEGGING THE CAPTAIN FOR MY ID where at the end he couldn’t even make me a new one, I decided to bring back my id by force, at least he learned his lesson, AND I DIDN’T EVEN KILL HIM, I BEAT IM TO THE CRIT SO THAT I CAN TAKE MY NEW ID FROM HIM. Now as for talking to the admins, I had a long dialogue with admin yoshimiwastaken who tried to do something with the security and the captain, but from what I see on the forums nothing worked. He only wrote me at the end that he felt sorry for the situation I was in. Suddenly, after the incident with captain, NEW ADMIN sergeikoralev came, who i guess didn’t know my story, he told me to say yes or no about killing captain, i said yes and after few minutes i got that ban. I don’t like to be selfish but what surprises me the most is that no bodyguard or captain or hop got the ban. A comment from someone on discord about this case that I like “Captain and HOS are the supposed to be the most trusted people on the station(usually they are) and if they do even small dumb shit always ahelp it.
Usually it’s resolved ic by centcom”. I am hoping for a reply, removal or shortening of the ban.

2 Likes

Right, so, you beat the captain into crit and then took his ID and I specifically checked logs too look for you at least doing something that vaguely resembled escalation policy by providing some form of medical assistance. If you shoot someone in the gut and leave them it’s gonna be charged as a murder if they die. “It was the blood loss, not the bullet” is not an acceptable excuse.

At no point in your adminhelps did you ask or request permission to mutiny or kill the captain, and instead elected to act in the fashion of an antag rather than permit the situation to be handled, guided, or otherwise authorized by an admin.

As for how I came into events I logged in after Yoshi called for backup on the discord because the round had gone to, as you might say, hell in a handbasket. I logged in and checked unclaimed tickets, one of which was from the captain claiming they’d been murdered by you. They’d disconnected at the time and I proceeded to investigate logs, which put you beating him to death with an emergency oxygen tank as a non-antag.

the ferry was about to depart and I was tired of this whole round, I could forget to ask the admin to pick up id by force from an incompetent captain who didn’t even know how to use a hop computer sorry. I still think this murder is the least evil there has been this round.

It’s a shame that you banned me so quickly without wanting to explain what happened because the events that led up to it are very important, if not I would not have acted differently. It is also a pity that yoshimiwastaken is not dealing with this matter, because I contacted him during the round.

If the shuttle was about to depart, why did you even need your ID?

Because it is the duty of every citizen of the station to carry id? otherwise security could stop me(although shitsec during this round could even kill me)

Fun fact: There is nowhere in space law that says you must have an ID.

I’m curious, if I wrote to you as an admin after all this happened, would you allow me to revoke the id by force?

No, because by that point you had no need for an ID, it was just petty revenge.

Fun fact: Admins talk.

Yoshi called for backup and explained the situation, Sergei took over. Both admins were involved.

That out of the way I’m a fresh set of eyes: I only quickly skimmed what isn’t in the thread so I’ll try to form a second opinion out of this:

1. Why was your ID taken? Had you performed some crime or SOP violation?

2. Do you understand that putting someone in crit and leaving them is the same thing as killing them?

3. What was your job on the station?

1. i heard on the radio that i can get aa at the hop, so i went there, i saw a group of people standing by the hop’s computer and getting aa, so i did the same, as i had aa i went to the brig and stood there, literally i did nothing wrong, i just watched the captain shoot the poor mime. As I was about to leave and go back to work I was blinded and cuffed by an assistant who was probably supposed to help them, I don’t know. That’s when I started saying that I had aa and I could be here. The captain snatched my pda and took my id and left and that was all I saw of my ID. After that it was a HUGE incompetence of security, because I was sitting there for half an hour and the aforementioned assistant had to admonish HOS and warden to clean up, from what I saw they were playing with xray gun. (I don’t know what SOP means)

2.maybe I was at fault here, I just got fed up with him like the rest of the station. He wasn’t dying alone because when I was leaving with the maints I saw rd enter the room and probably save the captain.

3.I was a scientist, I worked in toxin lab, I managed to make a 48k bomb (and saved the stations from nanites. The guy working there wanted to resurrect people with shock, not a special “defibrillation” program)

:neutral_face:
I’m gonna a hope this was addressed by one of the admins available. Distribution of AA is against our rules and I would advise against taking anyone up on this offer, but you arent really in the wrong by accepting it.

Nobody is supposed to distribute AA, and having access to a department does not mean you are allowed to be there.

You can still be trespassing even if you have card access, and AA is something the captain is perfectly allowed to confiscate. Being imprisoned for an extended period of time like that should have been handled by the admin(s) present.

Provided the explanation is accurate I would say the ban is excessively harsh considering the conditions. I do agree with keeping a ban, but not with the length of it.

Sounds like the whole round went to shit because of the AA distribution and if this was not an antagonist handing it out, they absolutely should have eaten at least a short ban.

I’ll need to hear the other side of things or get logs before I can say anything definitively though.

@YoshimiWasTaken @sergeikoralev

By the time I found the HOP’s name they had DCed, so I had left them with a warning about leaving the card in and abandoning it that they can see next time. Other than that I haven’t the foggiest clue what input to add other then I was calling for backup because I was beginning to feel overwhelmed (Anyone who’s familiar knows I can get a little overreactive at times, but I digress)
I was telling you to wait as I looked into it because the AA had left me with a large pile of tickets and a tangled mess to sort through (which is normal with shitsec situations), I saw you were upset with how sec and the captain was treating you and admittedly, I was hoping to ban the captain because it sounded like it was shit head conduct, but between the piles of things going on and what I had taken in the heat of the moment as you yelling at me, I guess well…I got freaked out and asked for help. After that Sergei took over, I can’t recall what happened when he handled the ticket however. :sweat:

Full Ticket

[2021-07-13 19:59:44.852] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): just now security is holding me in a cell for another 10 minutes for nothing, the hos next door is playing with the gun losing focus like a stupid fish the cell doesn’t even have a counter, someone took my id. no one listens to me Please do something about it, security is the most difficult profession and there are only incompetent people here. I was cuffed and detained by a fucking assistant, not a security guard.
[2021-07-13 19:59:44.853] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): just now security is holding me in a cell for another 10 minutes for nothing, the hos next door is playing with the gun losing focus like a stupid fish the cell doesn’t even have a counter, someone took my id. no one listens to me Please do something about it, security is the most difficult profession and there are only incompetent people here. I was cuffed and detained by a fucking assistant, not a security guard. - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[2021-07-13 20:08:22.396] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260))->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): I’ll look into it in a moment, please don’t filter bypass, ‘■■■■■■’ is a filtered word for a reason
[2021-07-13 20:08:41.534] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260)): pleasse ban whole sec, thanks
[2021-07-13 20:09:21.821] ADMINPRIVATE: yoshimiwastaken/(walking mushroom (260)) has created a note for JemKebaba: Warned for filter bypass
[2021-07-13 20:18:14.822] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260))->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): was this before or after the HOS cryoed?
[2021-07-13 20:18:33.985] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260)): you should tell me this, i dont know
[2021-07-13 20:19:59.196] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260))->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): I wasn’t sure either honestly I wanted to make sure, is there a specific person you have grievances against? You mentioned the HOS, I don’t think he’s available to talk to though.
[2021-07-13 20:20:55.882] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260)): LOOK NOW
[2021-07-13 20:21:27.239] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260))->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): I’m looking into it! My apologies
[2021-07-13 20:21:47.137] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260)): there was also an assistant, I don’t know the name, he kept me long
[2021-07-13 20:21:52.733] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): there was also an assistant, I don’t know the name, he kept me long
[2021-07-13 20:22:24.958] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): Please do something or I will leave the game and find another server, which is a shame because it’s fun to play
[2021-07-13 20:22:55.345] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260))->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): I’m trying please be patient
[2021-07-13 20:23:05.006] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->YoshimiWasTaken/(walking mushroom (260)): okay…
[2021-07-13 20:28:40.227] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): Will there be any bans? warnings?
[2021-07-13 20:31:57.278] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): Captain’s pretty fucked up too
[2021-07-13 20:50:54.805] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): Hey, so, speaking of the captain why’d you murder them with an emergency oxygen tank?
[2021-07-13 20:52:00.036] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms): He wouldn’t give me back my id for a whole round. Mime and I wanted to start a small revolution because he almost died from it too.I was just tired
[2021-07-13 20:52:16.822] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): So you elected to start a mutiny?
[2021-07-13 20:52:55.649] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks)->Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms): not really, I wanted my id and dignity back
[2021-07-13 20:53:13.081] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Tyson Zoucks): But you started a revolt against command staff.
[2021-07-13 20:53:49.136] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow)->Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms): I didn’t hurt anyone but him, he had it coming, he’s just a slob.
[2021-07-13 20:54:35.299] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow): So you, as a non-antag, without ahelping or anything requesting permission to do so, beat the captain to death and took his ID because he took your ID and didn’t give it back?
[2021-07-13 20:55:11.510] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow)->Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms): I already wrote about this issue with another admin
[2021-07-13 20:55:49.731] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow): Just yes or no, is that a correct assessment?
[2021-07-13 20:56:39.590] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow)->Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms): yep
[2021-07-13 20:57:07.655] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms)->JemKebaba/(Mary Whirlow): Alright, cool, thanks.
[2021-07-13 21:00:04.511] ADMINPRIVATE: Sergei Koralev/(Breaks-The-Comms) has created a global temporary 1 month server ban for JemKebaba. Reason: Murdered the captain and took his ID because the captain had taken his ID and not given it back. Self-antag. You can always TRY to appeal.

Overall what I came in dealing with was the, for the most part, above stated situation, reading the ticket I expected Yoshi to continue dealing with the conduct of security and the Captain. I meanwhile chose to deal with a ticket by the captain regarding their murder. By the time the captain had disconnected, so I was unable to ask them for further details.

Through the conduct in the ticket it appeared clear to me that @Jem_kebaba had no regret, understanding, or other indicator which would lead me to offer a more lenient ban. And throughout the appeal there’s been nothing significant to me which indicates that you believe that what you did was against the rules.

Given the context (and disrespect) of the ticket and what amounts to a rage-induced murder, I can get behind the ban now.

I still think it’s a bit much, but I’m willing to support it now.

didn’t you have time to ask the captain for more information? and you didn’t want to know the story from me and told me to say yes or no about his killing? Dude, I would have acted differently now, but no exaggeration, I won’t cry anyway, I still think there are people who should also get a ban for that round (captain, hop, HOS, warden, security)

Sorry peanut posting here, delete this if you feel the need to

Will the cap and hos be investigated too? at least if Jem here keep his ban, captain and hos should be asked to explain themself too, as its very-very frustating to play with incompetent/uncaring people playing position with power(sec, heads) if what Jem said here is true about em.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve got concurrent opinions and the continued unhelpful attitude of “why am I the only one” isn’t helping your case. If you want other people investigated and you’re not sure if an admin got to that in game then you can make a player report.

Appeal denied.