Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
15/10/2022
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Essentially powergaming. Admin justified a permaban instead of a still-strict 3 week ban because of said powergaming because I was permabanned on ONE other server over a metal foam grenade.
Appeal Reason:
For one, I would like to mention the admin had told me it would originally be a 3 week ban for powergaming and making dangerous syringe mixes as a non antagonist. Then after I was banned I checked the bans page and saw it was permanent. Confused at first, I came back later and saw they’d edited in new information that it was because of my permaban status on AUStation. You know, a permaban I got from over a year-and-a-half ago because of a stupid reason I don’t even want to go into (but I will anyway in additional info).

Secondly, not only would a 3 week ban for making syringes which happened to be deadly should they be fired into someone be blatantly overkill; it was then upgraded to a PERMABAN and I was told to come back with a vouch in a YEAR. Yeah, no way am I doing that. It’s like owning an illegal weapon and getting punished for a full homicide charge rather than just unlawful ownership. I had no intention of using those death syringes unless someone fucked with me… something that happens WAY too often and I was simply just preparing for.

Thirdly, I’d just came back to Beestation after a year hiatus and was treated like I was a repeat offender despite all my main offenses being over 2 years old. All my time being unbanned was not considered, and I was treated as if I had just been blatantly griefing nonstop my entire time playing. Sure, I’ll admit here right now I do grief from time to time but it’s not like 100% of my time spent here is griefing other players. Plus most grief I do is RP griefing, which means I will incorporate it as best I can into an RP situation, not just outright killing people.

Finally, I would like to add my more-recent ban on Fulpstation which WAS discussed by the admin Hellomate was simply done out of boredom and because I did not care for being banned on Fulpstation. Fulpstation is sort of cringe, to be honest, and I did not care for whether or not I was banned there. Beestation is another story entirely. Although I vastly prefer Golden (bring it back please) because I was not getting banned on there for making syringes and filling them with chloral hydrate (COUGH COUGH unlike Sage).

Additional Information:
In short, I feel like I was banned far overkill here. The last permaban I got was over a year ago and happened because of a metal foam grenade incident which was supposed to be a harmless prank against the chef, which happened to have a small amount of fluorosulfuric acid in it as a result of improper grenade making. Keep in mind this metal foam grenade in particular didn’t even damage or kill the chef, only damaged some of his equipment. And this was on a NRP/ LRP server which makes the insane permaban even more fucking cringe.

PS: I would like to note briefly that one other player got banned as a result of powergaming and taking my death syringe mix as if he was the one who created the mixture himself. His name was “wikimody” or something… Interesting name.
He simply took from my now-unmanned beakers since I was banned and he did not create them himself in any way, so he should not be charged for the creation of the solution, only the taking of said solution as part of his OG powergamer strat (legend).

That said, I would like you to keep in mind he has a history of offenses also for powergaming, except far more recent than mine, and he was given a WEEK ban. What the actual fuck?

2 Likes

‘powergaming as scientist, making extremely dangerous syringe mixes “in case someone messes with me”. They admitted to knowing what they did was wrong. They had already been warned about this multiple times. EDIT: elevated to permaban due to the fact they were permabanned from other servers for similar behaviour. Come back in a year with a vouch.’

Jeff’s actual ban reason for admin convenience

1 Like

It’s actually good you posted this. Because now I can point out something also very incorrect here:
“they were permabanned from other servers”
“servers”
Plural? Really? It was one server and the ban reason for said server was stupid, and was on a NRP server to top it off. Again, adding to the ‘overkill factor’ of this ban.

1 Like

You also have a recent ban on Fulp and four previous bans on Bee, that definitely escalated your punishment.

Yeah, well like I said I had a long hiatus and the most-severe ban reasons were over 2 years old. In-fact, arguably the worst ban I ever got was as a result of the gold slime incident which occurred in July 2020. The rest are just funny, like when I nitrous gassed the botanist because I “didn’t like him.” Good times, good times. Gold slime incident was when I was first learning Xeno by the way if that helps my case at all.

Except as I pointed out, the ban on Fulp is very recent compared to the other bans, and for similar behaviour too (chemical warfare as non-antag)

Oh yeah. That I also went into in my appeal reasoning. Basically, Fulpstation is cringe AF and I didn’t care if I was banned or not on there. So I decided to come back briefly to test out some of my old chem skills and use them for evil on there. You should of seen the face of that botanist. Funniest shit ever, I swear LMAO.

This is the definition of powergaming and also a form of metagaming. Your character does not experience the rounds before the current one and has no idea that this one will be unusual in any way.

This is a perma-until-year and a vouch ban, you cannot make a ban appeal to appeal it. You could potentially make a Admin Report if you would like, but you cannot appeal this ban here until a year has passed.

Can still be appealed if it’s found to be ridiculously unwarranted, but that’s up to the Headmins ultimately.

1 Like

My decision can be overturned by headmins.

My perspective:

You built a whole chemistry setup (with heater, chem master, etc) inside of rnd to make CLF3 / other dangerous chemicals.

I check you say logs, and there is basically nothing.

I check your ban/ note history.
Multiple warnings/bans about this behaviour (granted, over the span of two years, but your playtime is relatively low).

You said in the ticket that you knew that what you were doing was wrong.
I’m not just going to give you another slap on the wrist and hope that when you get unbanned again you’ll follow the rules.

IMO, you should only come back if another server vouches for you. Because as of right now, your behaviour didn’t improve at all since the last ban.

Again: headmins can overturn my decision if it’s deemed too harsh, I just offered my perspective here.

2 Likes

Im not going to overturn anything, though.
The attitudes shown here justify your removal better than any previous bans could.

considering thats the only way proper permabans are able to be appeled, that means we will be parting ways then.
Good luck wherever you end up going.

2 Likes