CKEY: WilsonPH

Your Discord: R2D2 From Star Trek

Offender’s CKEY: JayHays

Offender’s In-Game Name: Stubs-His-Toes

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12-28-2022

Round Number: 41994

Rules Broken: Rule 1 You Must Roleplay, Rule 12 Head of Staff conduct

Incident Description: Explodes-Herself-Alot buys a contractor kit, does some kidnappings, hires a contractor buddy and buys a Sleeping Carp scroll. Doesn’t kill anyone or commit any other capital crimes. She and her buddy get caught by HoS in genetics in the process of performing another kidnap. A fight ensues, Explodes gets killed after she shows she has Carp, and she and her bud gets brought to the Brig. HoS, instead of calling for the assistance of the medical team or appointing a Brig Phys as acting captain, heals both of them and then proceeds to behead Explodes for borging. Without a trial and without Explodes having commited a capital crime. This is a clear breach of Space Law.

Additional Information: Imagine having a lizard named Stubs-His-Toes and not having digitigrade legs smh.

4 Likes

oh boi,

Elevated sentancing (how many counts of hostile activity?)

while you are 205 you have carried out multiple crimes of varying degree and severity so you might be bumped to 405.

Armed and dangerous (permanently having carp)

this permits summary executions kind of.

2 Likes

One, elevated sentencing goes up one tier at a time. And two :

4 Likes

Oh, and three :

3 Likes

still permanently armed and thus executable.

2 Likes

“permanently armed” implies you can’t pacify or just dismember their arms (IE : Holopara)

refer to this

It’s fine to lethally execute someone in the middle of a fight like what was done to me, it’s not fine to make it permanent. No capital crime were ever commited by me, i in fact made sure that even my accomplice knew to not go beyond critting anybody

2 Likes

Carp is kinda a murderbone item, everyone who has had the displeasure of having to be any member of security when there is a carp user onboard would fully understand how terrifying it is to have around, let alone show mercy to once you have managed to take down, said carp user.

Going for carp contractor, is definitely not asking for mercy from security, would be one thing if you went with shit carp (karate), but you did open yourself up for EOTC by taking contractor, as Heepox said.

1 Like

don’t qualify for EOTC, elevated sentencing doesn’t allow to reach capital, if they wanted to make me EOTC and thus instant borg like they did they’d have had to have a trial
I did not even kill any of them because i’m so used to CQC as chef i kept doing grab shove and never really hurting anybody lol

2 Likes

@JayHays Mind weighing in?

This is pretty clear cut.
The hos violated Space Law in multiple ways to just dunk on the traitor in an effort to have them borged. No real attempt at roleplaying or to leverage anything IC that would make this exceptional situations more excusable.

To clarify what some people said in this thread:

• Contractors are NOT EOTC. There is no real way for a traitor to be subject to an EOTC charge unless they went out of their way to do something truly exceptionnal, like actively working with nukies. In that latter case, you could theorically charge them under EOTC by arguing they went from being a crewmember to a hostile boarding party.

• Dismissing the question about elevated sentences as it is mostly irrelevant in this report, capital crime charges (and subsequent execution) need a trial to be legal under space law. Naturally we excuse players during a cult round TDM who do not abide fully by this clause. I however cannot excuse it when crewmembers were made subject to such elevation without even an attempt at making a trial, which would have been interesting for everyone involved.

• There is no “permanently armed” clause for anything. The only law indication alluding to this is related to Use Of Deadly Force. An armed and dangerous suspect can be met with a lethal response during arrest, this doesn’t extend to brigging.

Statements such as the one below are unfounded, if you are gonna comment on Space Law in reports or play Security, please at least check the Space Law page to make sure you aren’t inventing anything.

Report accepted, HOS just didn’t try that round.