Server
Ban Length:
7 days
Ban Date:
2023/02/05/
Round ID:
Ban Reason:

Appeal Reason:

To make things immediately clear, I did shoot/beat and curbstomp a traitor (Mack) to death, that is undeniably true. I stopped attacking Mack after I had curbstomped them, only to see they had died moments later from their injuries that I had inflicted. After seeing this, I rushed Mack to medbay to be treated and pacified with the help of medical. I was the HoP this round, and was working with a HoS (Garret, who had been murdered). There were no other command or sec

I had shot at a traitor who’s name was Mack originally because they were armed with a stetchkin and had just killed the head of security and hidden their body somewhere. I went looking for the HoS’s body only to run into the traitor (Mack) to which we then got into a shootout with each other. I eventually managed to hit Mack enough times with my laser that they went down but he was still moving. I then closed in and beat them a few times and did a curb stomp to ensure he was not going to get up and keep attacking and possibly kill me. I immediately stopped attacking after my curbstomp but Mack died not even a few seconds later and this ultimately lead to my ban

Additional Information:

Literally my first round back after my 1 month command +sec ban and Wilson is claiming I was out to execute Mack when that was not the case at all, I had zero intention of killing anybody as I had stated in my admin ticket multiple times, but Wilson took this as argumentative. I simply wanted to make sure the traitor was not going to kill me after I had just heard he killed the HoS so I was very physical up front with plans of apprehending him after. I apologize for not realizing he was already in critical by the time I was beating/curbstomping.

Wilson said this moments before I was banned. I just want to clarify for possibly the fifth time that I had no intention of killing Mack, my plan was to subdue him to the point of capture but I was banned before I could speak more to Wilson and explain myself. I just got off a one month ban, do you really think my intentions are nefarious here?? I spent the entire round roleplaying with possibly one minute total time of combat RP and I’m getting burned at the stake for what was a genuine accident that is now being treated like a malicious criminal execution on my behalf

Edit: I just realized I have a 2 month command+sec ban on top of this so I am appealing that too

So I’ve watched the fight happen. After the traitor fell over you kept shooting and beating them for about fifteen seconds. Not once did you reach out for the zipties in your bag.

I kept shooting/hitting as long as they were still moving. Once I curbstomped them I intended to cuff them but they died very shortly after

Expect a more detailed response later today, little too sleepy to finish it at the moment.
Although as I’ve already stated unless new information is being provided (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I am not inclined to accept this.

1 Like

I believe that Mack 1) was wearing armor so it took me longer to place him into crit which is why I attacked him on the ground so much 2) had the XMP gun so if I were to be stunned I would essentially be toast so attacking him until he dropped the gun was my goal (killing him was not)

I would like to see logs for the whole thing if you are able to provide them

Howdy! Mack here, The Dastardly Bandito of that round. I do want to say that I believe JayHays had no nefarious intentions, and in the course of the fight, Likely, Actually, Accidentally killed me. I don’t remember much but I do remember that I offed the HOS and Had a stechkin with a lot of ammo, including incind. He also immediately brought me to medical, On one hand to pacify me, but on the other to ensure I was brought back to life. I really think his appeal should be allowed to go through, as he was fun to roleplay with when I got back on my feet with the help of the AI and other miner traitor.

1 Like

Sure thing.

Lethal force was fine here, no question about that.
The problem is that there was absolutely no reason for you to continue lethally attacking them after they’ve already gone well past posing a threat to anyone. This isn’t just an extra hit or two by mistake either, your explanation of “Ensuring he was not a threat anymore” very much implies that attacking them was intentional, so does your appeal. Even if you weren’t intending to actually kill them there was still no reason to attack them at this point, especially not to such an extent where you accidentally kill them in the process.

You shot them into soft crit, walked over to them, beat them repeatedly, shot them again, then wound up a curb stomp, and then started to process them when they were already dead. This attack happened over the course of over 15 seconds, that’s significantly more time than you needed to just slap zipties on them.

Relevant logs below (timestamps included in the combat lags as they are relevant):

Combat

Ticket

Note that the unusual repetition of messages at the start from Wilson was the result of the ticket taking a back seat to some in-round events at the time.

It’s also worth mentioning that this incident occurred only two days after your previous one month long command/sec ban had expired.

In conclusion the problem here isn’t just that you killed them, and I do appreciate you getting them revived by the way. It’s because of the fact that you were intentionally using lethal force well beyond it’s reasonable limits, and because you failed to acknowledge that during the ticket, and have continued to do so in this appeal.
You’re focusing too much on how you didn’t mean to kill them and have continuously overlooked the fact that you never should have created the circumstances that led to their death to begin with.

I was the aforementioned miner traitor in Macks reply, i felt that HOP did roleplay our western bandit gimmick pretty well, he could of armed himself with a bunch more gamer gear after I rescued Mack from brig and went on a validhunting escapade but instead just hunkered down in Bridge and RP’d as best he could, only really fired disablers when fleeing us and we got a cool hostage situation with Ian out of it.

Right well, as Tyranic has stated above, you beat them after they’ve fallen over for fifteen total seconds. That was far more than enough time for you to inspect them and see that they’ve fallen unconscious, hell you even had the time for a curbstomp.
And, I’m afraid that after some internal discussions I’ll be denying the appeal. I think you should play non-combat roles in the meantime, maybe clear up your mindset a bit.