Admin’s CKEY: Bloons3

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: bs_sage

Which server did the ban happen on? bs_sage

Ban Type: Temporary

Ban Length: 7 Days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 06/17/2020

Round ID: 17314

Ban Reason: “griefing other players as a silicon”

Appeal Reason: I am new to the game but I don’t ever remember playing as a silicon. I only play as my station engineer whom is a lizard, Stubs-His-Toes, and I sometimes play my human Danforth Boatlegs. I don’t ever remember playing a cyborg or robot on the server.

Additional Information: This is my favorite SS13 community and I’ve never intentionally done anything wrong to interfere with the quality of gameplay or other users experience. If there is evidence of my wrongdoing, I would ask it be shared here so I can make corrections in the future

It was because of this.

A player complained that you were dragging them into space and trying to space them.

[2020-06-17 09:05:22.601] ATTACK: jayhays/(Default Android-967) has grabbed HappyAccident/(Eden Ivakov) passive grab (NEWHP: -20.3) (Departure Lounge (108, 65, 2))
[2020-06-17 09:05:42.544] ATTACK: jayhays/(Default Android-967) has grabbed HappyAccident/(Eden Ivakov) passive grab (NEWHP: -66.6) (Space (115, 52, 2))
[2020-06-17 09:06:13.165] ATTACK: jayhays/(Default Android-967) has grabbed HappyAccident/(Eden Ivakov) passive grab (NEWHP: 85.3) (Departure Lounge (108, 65, 2))

Logs show that they were attacking you moments before, but as a borg you’re not allowed to cause harm (under default laws).

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Silicon_policy

I remember the scenario now. It felt like it was longer than just 3 days ago though. I was not aware until I was banned and had read the ban message that all silicons are subject to different rules from regular characters. I have already explained I’m a new player. I’d like to point out that with the knowledge I had at the time, I was defending myself. I spaced the guy who attacked me and once he was unconscious I dragged him back inside to get medical attention. The guy didn’t even die and I was banned for 7 days.

I apologize for what I did but I do not think the sentence given is fitting of the crime. I made a small mistake which I was completely unaware of at the time and have been punished far more severely than other members who have done worse. Examples below.

I was not punished severely because it was an extremely invalid ban and I only had one note for my 170+ playtime at the time. And I still do

I’ll reduce this to time served, that sound good to you?

Keep in mind for the future that borgs play under different rules than regular crew.

Sounds good to me and I understand that now

You show as unbanned, let me know if you have any issue getting on the server.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.