Admin’s CKEY: Hollandaise

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both I believe

Which server did the ban happen on? Golden probably

Ban Type: Permanent

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):

Round ID: 30729

Ban Reason:

Appeal Reason: I literally have no idea what happened. Not even why I got banned. Came on Bee for the first time in a LONG time. Literally like the first time I got on my computer in a while. Stayed for like 10 minutes as an assistant. All I can remember is pushing a person. Since it’s been a long time and I see people actually playing a character and RPing an actual catgirl with no joking I wrote in OOC
something about golden has changed and how people are RPing now. I went into a locker and left. Came back today and I was banned

Additional Information: No idea why I got banned once again, Its baffling. If I did do something I need more information because I don’t remember, especially not something enough to be permaed for

@Hollandaise

3 Likes

You were caught evading bans on accounts linked to you. I doubt our system lies and I doubt this is false positive.

If you have nothing else to say, this can be denied.

Mate what the fuck are you talking about I did not evade anything. You cannot deny me without telling me what I was evading. I’ve only had a few bans my time here. If I was evading I want to know the ban I was originally evading. Sorry if I seem a little pissed it’s just when you know you didn’t do anything, and then some guy just says in few words “deny it” it’s kinda annoying. I haven’t played in a long time. My last connection before yesterday wasn’t TOO long ago. Probably like 2 to 3 weeks, but my last connection before that was a long interval if I do remember. Can someone clear something up for me, I swear by my life I have no recollection of ban evasion nor grieving.

2 Likes

What are his proposed alt accounts and how many, may I ask?

a permanent ban

This isn’t question to me, it’s up to banning admin or headmins to reveal it since it is not public information

We implemented superior ban evasion and multikey detection not long ago. The original ban was on CabbageWaiter.

Explaining how this was detected only makes it easier to evade in the future, so that’s all the explanation you are going to get.

Even if this was accidental evasion because you didn’t know your alt had gotten banned, multikeying is still against the rules here.

1 Like

What the fuck. I don’t even know how to make maxcaps? Is there any logs for those maxcaps? That doesn’t make any sense. Cabbage Waiter is my alt but I’ve never done anything like this. I even logged into my account to see if it got hacked. I’ll leave it for now but I did not maxcap bee. I was a veteran player here for some time why the fuck would I do that.

1 Like

Now that is something we can look at - verify that the maxcapping occurred

Doesn’t change the fact you were multikeying here though

1 Like

Unlisted for the moment because you need to be told to change your password on all your accounts

Based on the timing, it’s highly likely this is one of the accounts that was compromised at the end of May.

Going to look at this in more detail when I get home in ~10 hours

1 Like

After getting a response from Jack on discord to confirm receipt of the warning, I’m relisting this.

Between the admission this is one of your alts, combing connection information of “CabbageWaiter” on the day of the incident, the fact the grief occurred on the great day of hackening, and the mannerisms displayed by “CabbageWaiter” while they were connected… I think it’s more or less safe to say the account was compromised.

I’ll be working to remove the bans now - let me know if you have trouble connecting.

3 Likes

This was a fucking rollercoster. Imagine taking a long break from your computer and SS13 then coming back and finding out you’ve committed war crimes on BeeStation. I don’t even know how to make maxcaps… You should ban on my alt accounts besides JackTheLing

7 Likes

hacked account moment

1 Like

I do want to say in closing here:

Your account : Your responsibility.

This was a rare case where we could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that an account compromise occurred. If it is not easy to prove the account was compromised on our end, we will not overturn a ban just because you claim this is what happened. Do not link this appeal expecting leniency just because you claim your account was compromised.

2 Likes