J515 Admin Application: Third times a charm

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): J515

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): EmiliaPains#0596

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): Honestly? All week really so from about 5pm-12am (IST/BST)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I don’t believe I would change must at first maybe give my opinion on a certain issue or proposal but that’s mainly it.

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I suppose I just want to help out, I like helping people. I’ve been tech support previously a twitch mod for a few streamers, discord server developer and honestly it gives me the best feeling ever to be able to help someone.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since late 2018

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Late 2018 (1087 hours, 838 living and 249 dead)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d like to be modest and say seven to be honest with my hours and amount of job jumping I’m pretty knowledgeable the only thing that I’m sorta good at is xenobio since I don’t really do it that much.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): I think I’m a 6. I’ve moderated before as I said before, I setup a streaming Minecraft server awhile back, dealt with assholes on Twitch, All in all I’ve a fair bit of experience.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Aye I’ve moderated a small stream Minecraft Server and a few twitch streams(if streams count atleast)

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I might? but I honestly forget it

Your strengths: Neutral Input, Intense IT peep, Wizard in atmosia.

Your weaknesses: honestly press releases and being social in person(?)

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Dickheads honestly, I don’t like shitty people it aint right to be rude to someone just for your own personal enjoyment and ruin everyone else’s fun.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Honor in the way of just being truthful and upfront to the community.

What makes a staff team good?: Unity

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To kick out the shitters more or less but also to keep the community going creating events, protecting the community from harm(dickheads)

What kind of player are you?: Uh I’d like to think I am a quiet player, I’m not too social IC, I can be fair to others but if they push my buttons they can expect a hit back.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Uh I don’t think I will change at least initially, but over time I suppose I will change as a player.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: First check if the player is an antagonist, then check their hours and when their account was created if it is a possible ALT then I would Permaban but if it wasn’t I would give them a note and give them a stern warning not to do it again. After being finished with the ticket I would find the X-01 gun and return it to it’s locker

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First I would check their notes to see if they had anything previously related to what they just did and I would also check how old their account is and check the telemetries to see if the account is an alt, if so I would perma ban. If they’re not the above then I would talk to them about what they did and explain what could’ve or (had) happened if they are apologetic and sincere I would give them a one day atmos ban. However if they don’t understand what they did wrong then I would permaban them.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I would bwoink them and ask them what they were trying to mix and explain to them how to avoid a explosion in future, linking them the guide, other than that? Nothing It’s a IC issue that happens regularly

1 Like

If you become an admin I expect to be admin bussed much more. I approve.

For the chemist one there are IC ways to do that without giving them a “BWOINK” induced heart attack

Whisper aye

Questions

1. Person runs into medbay, takes body, lits it on fire, then brings it to chapel. Any rules broken?
  2. Which rules differ between sage and acacia?
  3. Blue alert, security gets alerted about possible changelings. Some officer, while patrolling maints, sees unidentified individual with arm blade. Quickly stuns and kills him on the spot. Armblade turns out to be fake toy. How do you proceed?
  4. Person’s cid gets matched with some other player. How do you handle this situation?
  5. 3rd minute of the round. You see hos running in maints with: (full) box of flash bangs, 3 stun batons, his gun, energy gun, riot shotgun, box of lethal shotgun ammo, fully equipped sec belt and disabler. Is this appropriate behavior? Do you do anything about it?
  6. Player gets perma (for the sake of this question we do not care if it was justified), prays that he’s bored, what do you do?
1 Like

Well depends really, the body could be catatonic, their body could’ve already been cloned but let’s assume that the body in question still has a soul then that would be a rule break under rule 8: Do not Grief, which in my opinion the situation above is griefing someone else’s round and round removing them.

To my knowledge none, Acacia is a overflow server.

In this situation the security officer was in the right why? Well if you saw someone In maintenance with a arm blade you too would assume it was a changeling, however if the security officer does not attempt to revive the victim, I would bwoink them and ask why they didn’t revive the body and give them a note for it.

Under Rule 11: No Multikeying I would Permaban both accounts and tell them to appeal on forums to explain the two accounts.

I would bwoink the HOS and ask why they’re a walking armoury, when asked I would check the crew manifest to check if there are any other officers on station if so I would note them for breaking SOP and Powergaming, however if there isn’t any officers online I would just tell them to return some of the gear to the armoury and tell them to ask HOP to prioritise security slots.

Give them a plushie to play with.

Also just putting this out there,

The last question falls under admin discretion so I could’ve gibbed them, gave them a cookie, anything(within reason)

It also depends on their job, if they’re not medical they shouldn’t run in and take a body, instead ask doctor if it’s fine.
Other scenario is chef taking body from morgue and that’s totally fine.

I disagree. On blue alert you can’t field execute victim and armblade isn’t enough proof (especially since it was fake and would drop on stun and show on examine). On higher alerts it migh’ve been fine but we’re talking about blue and security has plenty of options to detain victims.

This isn’t exactly right answer to the question but it will (or shoud) get cleared during admin training.

The important detail is that since it’s start of the round it’s most likely green alert and there are no confirmed threats. The fact that weapons spawn in locker doesn’t mean you should take it all and run with it, without a valid reason.
Also an important note. HoS isn’t just normal security officer. I don’t expect players to be super roleplayers but at least be in the brig for some time and roleplay your role as command.

You got most of the answers right but you still have a rather long note history and your recent note is only a month old. I’ll be going with +0.5 here. Good luck.

1 Like

Hey it’s better than last time aha thank you

You have a lot of bans, and I believe a history of just leaving the community several times randomly (you also dropped nitro while leaving, idk), do you really think you are fit to be an admin?

2 Likes

thanks for your input

Edit

Over these past few months I have developed into a more developed and mature person, I dislike my past but it does go to show what I was and what I could be, and after that month ban from Ruko I am inclined to believe that I have bettered myself and gotten into a much better emotional state.

What I am trying to say is that I have changed, If you look back on my answers from my last few applications, you might see a change…

Thank you

3 Likes

People have been given chances, even second ones so I see no reason to not let J515 prove themselves, even given what I said above (yeah it took me 4 days to rethink things).
Also trialmins have even less power than they used to have, so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

-1 from me due to as mat mentioned your past history.
In addition your unwanted messages to me personally in discord, and how you have been in game with your many unnecessary and pointless ahelps that are more often than not IC matters or things that generally don’t need to be ahelped.

I have no issue with you as a player but I would not want you using the decision making I have seen in game loose on the additional admin tools.

1 Like

Understood thank you

Closing the applications as per user request