Ive seen this responded to in diferent ways, what is the definitive perspective on racism in low rp

Because most of the LRP population didn’t like the change and the filter was a piece of shit anyway, it never worked on deadchat. I’ve heard the only reason they even added the filter was to comply with discord’s TOS and the new system can create some interesting situations while deterring real racists.

I was thinking that you thought all the people who left because of the filter were racist.

Oh no. A lot of people left left because of the fact it was restricting speech and problems with implementation. A lot of people left of their own accord over it, a lot of non-racist people. A spite server was made, and it is not a breeding ground for racism from what I understand.

Also the way to reduce racism, which should actually happen, is not to socially exile people who don’t fit your morals. Where does that line stop? There is obviously real bad shit that shouldn’t be tolerated, but the more you move that line inwards and write off people below your curve, the stronger the back lash. Look at current politics and the huge back swing from political correctness.

If we had lost 3 people who truly wanted to kill people different then themselves, then fuck em. A small group of people chosing to force values on a whole community quickly will never work though and isn’t right. You need transformative incremental nudges. And you need to not write off people too quickly.

Unless they boh bomb the emergency shuttle. They can get permabanned. This conversation is best left for the discord #political-shit channel though. I’m out

1 Like

It’s just a game, people just want to relax and have fun not deal with whatever real world issue. Id bet you anything the people you are complaining about are doing those jokes precisely because it annoys people like you taking everything so seriously in a game with wizards and clowns in space.

To respond to your edit, all I’m saying is a real bigot would be here in the forums trying to get non aryans removed from the server, not making jokes. By taking this sort of thing seriously you are only ruining your own fun. I get you disagree with that and think there are actual nazis around every corner trying to reinstate slavery but I guarantee you if it were the case people would be poking fun at them instead in order to piss them off for taking things too seriously. I can’t read minds obviously but that’s just how it looks to me.

Art often imitates real life and when your tryna find a fun gimmick, you look to history

Is bee actually racist? Do people believe blacks steal shit
Or Jews are greedy? I can’t say, can it be amusing to play on the stereotypes for jokes, sometimes yes

Thats pretty much it, far as I can see
People taking banter and trying to be the most shocking
Actual racism and anti Semitic views I’ve yet to see

ahem
I’ve got an example of actual sexism for what it’s worth.

Oh they’ve just been updating that one post. Odd

Um first of all I think jokes would definitely be a sign of someone who supports genocide. Also I don’t think u understand how much easier it makes it for legitimate racists to thrive in a environment where racist “jokes” (quotation marks bc it’s not really a joke to say that u hate black ppl) are ok.

It might seem funny to say a bunch of bullshit bc a a lot of people are doing it with you, but it’s not. if ur attempts to be funny only consists of racist comments, Ur prolly lazy, racist, or untalented and insecure

I mean, you can take things how you want man but I’d wager anything that no one on bee is interested in genocide.

yep i agree no one wants to commit genocide. it just occurs and after it’s over ppl ask themselves “how did this happen?”

I know I said I was done but it is hard to stay away. You are equating actions and words in a game to a person’s actual actions. This game is filled with murder and death. Most of it set up to be a punch line. People are burned, electrocuted, spaced, gibbed, cooked, etc. every round. None of those things phase you, but adding racism as an obvious joke is where it is a problem?

The clown and mime were not called Jews based on the person behind the screen, or literally any reason. Why does using racism make the player evil, but them murdering a station of workers with guns with an intent to set off a bomb fine?

It’s a game to laugh at and enjoy, and a pretty violent and mature game at that. You have this clear image in your mind that what happened is abhorrent, but you don’t realize that it is is arbitrary and rooted in a personal/sociatal moral compass. Our server has a very wide range of nationalities, backgrounds, and personalities. Thinking that your interpretation of what is right and wrong should be accepted over what a community that is not harming anyone wants is a close minded ego trip.

I’m out, the editing your post makes it hard to follow

But I say this,
We had feminists and they got banned
Be had anti feminists and they also got banned
As is hope any actual racists and Jew haters would be too

I will end it with a joke
How many Jews can you fit in a car?
2 in front
3 in back
And 50 in the ash tray

The problem with this is that you don’t know who actually is or isn’t. With the rise of the crypto-fascists you can never tell if someone is just joking or being serious which always leaves plausible deniability. It also is used as a recruitment tool as well.

How was copper wire invented?
2 Jews fighting over a penny

3 Likes

this topic is now officially Cringe Inc.

cringe like a fine wine

3 Likes

How do you a census in Israel?
Roll a quarter down a hill.

Why are jews noses so big?
Cause air is free!

1 Like

cant wait for reddit post saying all beemins are racists and homophobes

I’d upboat it and give them reddit gold.

1 Like