Jellico is a sperg who shouldn't be taken seriously

Doo doo doo do

Alright, after reading a lot of Jellico’s posts and suggestions, I am going to sum up the knowledge in the best way I can to hopefully close this debate for good.

To summarize what I have learned, barring everything but the weapon balances and exact reasons why…

Jellico is suggesting improved damage to most station-side items and weaponry in order to…

1. Better combat antagonists and their weaponry such as E-Swords, probably even though it hasn’t been exactly mentioned Changeling’s Armblade, and maybe that Mateba Revolver from what I’ve read.
  2. Make items that seem like they’d do more damage actually do that damage. This includes the Captain’s Sabre and likely others. I heard the wrench somewhere but I don’t know if that was from Jellico themselves

Things that would be buffed include:
Unarmed to 10 Damage
15 to “Everything else that would do something” presumably this means things such as Wrenches and Screwdrivers, but there are likely many more.
25 to “Heavy/Dangerous” items such as kitchen knives, gas tanks, fire extinguishers, and glass shanks.
35 to the combat knife (but also probably the Miner’s survival knife), Hatchets, Cleavers, and Toolboxes.
50/75 for dedicated melee items such as the Katana, E-Sword, and DE-Sword
15/90 for, lets say, “Heavy” dedicated weapons like Axes, (Sledge, probably)hammers, the Chainsaw, and Greatsword.
and 25/50 to spears.

To their credit they also made lower numbers, which dropped…
Unarmed to 7,
17 to Dangerous/Heavy,
20 to Hatchets, Cleaver, and Toolboxes,
25 to Combat Knife,
35 to Dedicated Melee,
15/40 for “Heavy” dedicated melee,
and 15/25 for Spears.

Now that we likely know the exact reasoning for these numbers, we can respond in a well informed matter. Jellico, this part is for you.

Many people have responded believing your idea is bad, but why?
Why exactly is this idea bad? I’ll tell you.

These items should not have this high damage because it would put a heavy strain on Security, would make Valid-hunters a real threat, Dramatically buffs antagonists, put a strain on Medical, and could imbalance certain items.

First Point:
If weapon damage is increased on all of these weapons, then security is in major trouble. Most of their equipment is made of non-lethals and ranged weaponry. Batons, Flashes, Disablers, Pepperspray, etc. These are built around incapacitating a target non-lethally. Security would now have to deal with the entire station having roundstart access to high-damage weaponry such as Gas tanks, extinguishers, and toolboxes. Many of these items are also not illegal to have, so security would not be able to stop people from wielding them. This puts security into a very tough spot, with security officers only able to take a few hits from certain station-side items before being put in crit. These items are also very accessible, so it’s not like the current Fireaxe which there are only 2 of, and they are kept under lock and key. That would heavily impact how security responds to threats.

How so? Well here’s an example.
A security officer is patrolling the station, blue alert. Sees an Atmos Tech running around with a fire extinguisher. “Not a big deal” he thinks. “Atmos techs usually have to put out fires.” when he goes to speak with them, the Atmos tech begins attacking the officer. Let’s say he’s a robust officer, and the guy only gets 3 hits off by the time he pulls out his baton. All for naught, however, as the Atmos tech is able to hit him another 2 times before he gets stunned, and the officer ends up in crit. It was a Rev round. That officer had such little time to respond, they may have only gotten to call for backup before he was put in hardcrit.

Let’s do another example. This time on the side of the innocent.
An assistant is getting attacked by another revolutionary. They grab a fire extinguisher and defend themselves. This rev calls out on the radio for security, saying they’re being murdered. Security comes and arrests the assistant for apparent “Assault with a deadly weapon” or if they’re especially unlucky, Attempted Murder. Now, that assistant either has to spend 5 minutes in the brig for self-defense or potentially ends up executed by security who only saw an assistant attacking someone with a lethal weapon.

This will force security into a constant paranoia, as anyone could be a potential threat. This would also make crimes be worse as now that many items are now deadly. Overall, it wouldn’t be good for security, or the innocents they arrest.

Second Point:
Now that many weapons on the station are deadly, valid-hunters, including assistants, become a real threat to antagonists. As few as 2 assistants working together could take down any melee-focused antag like E-Sword traitors, Space Ninjas, or even Changelings. If all it takes to put one of them into crit was a few hits with a fire extinguisher, then what’s stopping valid-hunters from grabbing one and duking it out with whatever threats the station that day? Let’s grab another example:

Lets say you were a robust traitor. Gave security the run-around and executed your target quickly and quietly. You see some assistants running at you, toolboxes in hand. “No worries.” you think. “I’ll just E-Sword them to death, no big deal.” They tag-team you, taking off 50ish health in their first hits. By the time you get to drop one of them, you’re already on the floor in softcrit. You’d have easily won… if those fire extinguishers didn’t do as much damage.

In summary, it would give traitors another major threat while buffing valid-hunters, which may make traitors seen as less of a threat if 2 assistants are all you need to take them out.

Third Point:
I know, I know. “That example just proved how it would nerf antagonists!” and while in some cases that’s true, in others… not so much. For example. Holoparasites, North Star Gloves, Sleeping Carp. What do they have in common? Unarmed damage. Standard Holoparasites have the same ability as North Star gloves: making you punch really fast. If unarmed damage was upped to 10, or hell even 7, that would make those much stronger. Extremely fast, 10 Damage punches with the ability to knockdown would cripple many people, 7 may be better, but remember, Unarmed damage is randomized, so assuming that 7-10 damage would be the median, and it could be more or less then it might make these even worse. Similar story with Sleeping Carp, as it buffs your unarmed damage.

Now that’s just unarmed damage. We also have weapons to worry about. With E-Swords doing 50-75 Damage, assassinations are made insanely easier. Traitors now just have to hit you twice, or maybe even once to get you in crit. By the time you’ve registered that you’re under attack, you’re already dead. Also, Changelings. Yeah, I don’t even need to mention changelings.

For some honorable mentions…
Revs and Gangs get to have more lethal weaponry and no cost to the leaders,
Cultists and their constructs get to cut down people faster,
Blood Brothers… yeah it’s just traitor 2x.

Fourth Point:
This is a wierd one, but becomes clear when you think about it. With all these high damage weapons rolling around, people are going to both be dying much more often, and just have overall higher damage on them by the time they get to medical. This puts a strain on medbay’s supply of patches and would force chemistry to make much, much more more medicine to cope with the loss of all their patches and first-aid kits. And the cloner? Oh god the cloner. A lot of times it’s already swamped with dozens of bodies if something particularly bad goes on. With these kind of weapons it’ll be going every minute of the round, which also forces chemistry to keep up on making synthflesh. Not even surgery will be able to save it, since those surgeries take time and there aren’t an unlimited number of doctors that can, or know how to do it.

In summary, it’d put a lot more on the platter of Medbay, force chemists to make Brute/Burn Medicine and Synthflesh all shift, and would overwhelm medbay’s stock of medicine and sleepers.

Fifth Point:
I’ve already mentioned North Star, Holopararsides, and Sleeping Carp so I won’t go over them again. However this issue encompasses other weapons. I’ve taken some liberties in what would encompass this since there are many weapons not mentioned, but here I’ll list how they’d be effected if they were effected or not.

Energy Dagger, either becomes a very, very weak traitor item or a cheap, viable weapon compared to the last resort it is now.

Power Fist, either gets much more damage, potentially doing more then a DE-Sword or just becoming the baseball bat if you cranked up it's knockback but wrapped it in bubble-wrap.

Viscerator Grenades, either becoming insanely lethal or just target practice for Sec.

Oragami Kit, either becomes negligable, or allows for a very quick execution considering damage and stun time.

Romerol, either gets much more dangerous, or pretty worthless. (They use zombie claws rather then unarmed damage)

Ninja Stars, get insanely lethal when paired with it's instant imbed and bleed, or.. well they're still lethal even without a buff.

Energy Katana, turns the ninja into an unstoppable murdering machine with all the benefits it has. Still lethal without a buff.

Death Nettles, either become worthless or an insanely robust weapon for skilled botanists.

Baseball Bat, pretty much the same as the power fist, but weaker, however it can be built very easily.

Those are mostly traitor weapons, not to mention things like the toolbox, which on top of being a lethal weapon is able to store things, and the fire extinguisher able to slip people and then bash them for heavy damage, and the Stun Baton that takes too long to incapacitate traitors or multiple suspects before the officer is down, etc.

All of this would likely lead to heavy powergaming. Augments to survive all the high damage weapons, Bats/Flashes/Improvised Shotguns to get out of CQC fights, staying away from literally everyone all the time due to the risk, reviver implants to get a second chance in any fight they end up in, etc.

Not to mention on the side of traitors, such as emagged toolkit implants and Anti-Drop implants.

Overall, this would imbalance a fair few items. I’ve likely missed many considering the amount of items in SS13.

Conclusion of bad:
In summary, upping the damage of most items has a very large impact on how the game would be played. People would powergame more often, sec would be even shittier while also paranoid, traitors both get insanely more powerful in some cases and woefully ahhniliated in others, Medical would have to go into overdrive due to all the damage and corpses, and it would heavily imbalance many items, both traitor gear and non-traitor gear.

But, if we are to argue, then we must look at the good. Something nobody from what I’ve seen has done.
What good would upping the damage numbers do?

After pondering this, I can only think of a few things.

1. It would make fights much shorter, and in certain instances with traitors, more fair.

2. It would make antagonists more careful and stealthy as to not be discovered and destroyed.

3. Crew could pull off insane underdog moves such as wiping out a Deathsquad or Xenomorphs using just geurilla tactics and melee weapons.

Now, because this is technically the “Counterclaim” of the argument I need to show why these aren’t the best.

Point 1:
While fights would be shorter and fairer on occasion, there’ll be many times in which they aren’t. Ever thought getting E-Sworded in maint was bad? Try doing it with a 50 Damage E-Sword. Sure, fights wouldn’t last longer since one party would be dead 5 seconds in, and I suppose going up against a E-Sword wielding traitor as a Captain armed with his Sabre would be more fair, but we can’t base these kind of large desicions off of what could happen “sometimes.” Sure, sometimes the fight would be more fair, but most of the time, they would be even less fair for one side or the other.

Point 2:
I personally agree with the idea of antagonists being stealthy, but there has to be some breathing room on their end. If the second they’re spotted they get hunted down by the entire crew, who knows they can take them down no matter their opponent’s robustness if they have enough members, then it’s not enjoyable on the side of the antagonist. You’d have to be absolutely perfect in order to pull off an entire shift while doing your objectives and not getting spotted, or just have a dozen mulligans. So while stealthy antags are good, this isn’t the way to make them a reality.

Point 3:
While yes, much higher damage would give the crew more chance to take down these groups, we gotta think about the kind of situations they come in. Deathsquads only show up when the station is royally fucked, and they come in prepared. If the most likely few, unequipped crewmembers were able to wipe out an entire military task force with at best mid-round level equipment like Deathnettles, then that is a problem. Deathsquads are hard to wipe out and should stay that way. With Xenos, it’s also very similar. There’s a lot of them, and melee is their whole deal. If the again, few and un-equipped crewmembers were able to fight through Xenomorphs with little difficulty with just mid-round weaponry, then that is a problem. Xenomorphs are meant to be horrifying, dangerous monsters that are difficult to wipe out. Sure, crewmembers could certainly survive, but a poorly-armed small group of survivors shouldn’t be able to wipe out all but the worst aliens just with their melee weapons.

Oh boy, I didn’t even mention Xenomorphs being buffed. Lets not get into that for now since we know where that’ll go.

Closing
Overall, buffing the damage numbers seems like a very poor idea with very few benefits. Perhaps certain weapons could use a change in damage, but something like this doesn’t seem overall good for how the game would play. There are many arguments to make against it and the ones for it can be rebuted.

So, what should you do if you’re truely adamant about these changes?
Do something you’ve yet to do. Make a PR, or try and host your own server with these numbers. I’ve done so and with some tutorials it isn’t too difficult. Test them out yourself! Get some people willing to help out, change up some code and see how your numbers would effect the game. Someone in that “Reasoning Avoidance” thread, I think, said it best. If you’d like to respond, I’d be happy to engage in the conversation. Are there any reasons i’ve missed? Something I overlooked? I’d like to hear it if I did.

To everyone, including Jellico
If anyone wants to respond, especially Jellico, I ask that you do it in a respectful manner as I am trying to do here. I want this debate to be put to rest, so lets close it out here. Lets not go into suggestions like that Forge idea in your original post, or devolve to stuff like when you said:
if it really comes down to letting you all rot in your own poop, yea I cant do anything about that. jazz hands
This isn’t a place to bicker, or a place to have a battle. Leave all salt and anger at the door, everyone. We’re here to end this topic once and for all. Lets end the mountain of forum posts, and lets do it here. It’s the final thread, now. doo doo do, doo
oh and please don’t use the term “Rape simulator”, thanks.

Lastly, to the admins:
Yes yes yes yes, this has been done to death and quite a few threads are locked because of it, but unless this gets settled I personally don’t think it will stop. I want to end the argument in the most rational, analytical way I can. Lets lock it if it ends up far off course, or the same thing gets repeated again and again, and it just doesn’t go anywhere. This is my attempt to shut this discussion down for good, and we can only hope it works.
Godspeed.

Massive TL;DR for people skipping to the end:
I list Jellico’s balance idea and reasoning, then go through why that would be a Bad idea, and even how it could be a Good idea before I immediently debunk those.

Bad because it makes sec paranoid and weak to most things, because it gives valid-hunters very powerful weaponry to drop even the most robust of antags with the right numbers, dramatically buffs certain antagonists like lings and traitors as long as they stay hidden, makes medical go insane trying to heal all the damage and replenish the medicine they use up, and imbalancing a lot of items and weaponry depending on if they’re apart of the balance.

Good because it sometimes makes fights with antags fairer, even though it will very often make fights even less fair, because it forces antags to be stealthier, however giving them little to no breathing room if they do get spotted which would make it a poor way force stealth, and because it gives the crew fighting chances against very powerful forces like Deathsquads or Xenos, even though by the time those end up as a major threat the crew should have very little they can do to stop either of them.

Edit: Grammer and shiz

Edit 2, shorter TL;DR:
Proving exactly why Jellico’s balance ideas aren’t that good to shut down the topic of weapon balance.

8 Likes

I’d like to add that SS13, especially beestation, is incredibly laggy. If your ping is above 90 and someone attacks you with a toolbox you probably won’t notice it until you’re already in crit. Also if you attack someone at full health and use the lower numbers it takes 4 hits with a dedicated melee weapon to down someone and 5 hits with a toolbox to down them. That means that toolboxes can crit almost as fast as swords. The stunbaton would be almost pointless and the only stuns that would actually matter are ranged stuns and instant stuns like the cultist spell and the taser. Also I personally don’t think that two dipshits with toolboxes they found in maint should be able to beat a trained agent with a fucking lightsaber without extreme skill or a clever strategy.

2 Likes

what? i think thats just a you problem, i play with around 140 ping usually and i never notice anything like that

1 Like

I’m talking about if these changes were implemented, right now the damage values are low enough for people with 140 ping to easily fight back.

1 Like

TLDR summarise it in 1 sentence
I have very low attention span
N word funny

2 Likes

Lock this please ffs.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t like having to go over it again either. This is just so that after it’s over and a conclusion has met that Jellico won’t go making the same forum posts only to get the same responses.

1 Like

Nice read, pretty summarizes what jellico got bad, I’m looking forward to see arguments against this. Also I really do see this as a closing thread for his changes, they are just mostly bad, but finally someone pointed exactly what’s wrong, without insulting him.

1 Like

I need to mention how new I am. when I first started this I didn’t even know that whetstones existed. the original high numbers were expected to be taken down with prejudice. the lower numbers also show my lack of experience.

there is a point to both of the sets of numbers, and its “two hit” balance or “three hit.” the high numbers only exist because the baton stuns in two hits, and said numbers do not take into consideration that a baton doesn’t kill. I made the thread with haste, was hoping to receive more feedback. I had hoped to get “mentor” help.

7 damage for lightweight solid objects, lamps, wirecutters
12 damage for everything else, glass shard, iron rod, screwdrivers
15 large objects, fire extiguisher, wrenches, crowbars, kitchen knives, shanks
18 heavy objects, large o2 tanks, Toolboxes, lit welder, circular saw, surgical drill
20 combat knives, cleavers, hatchets, eKnife pen, idea for a eKnife welder, susbox, chaplain null rod
30 Swords, dedicated melee . can be carried on the belt slot
15/30 Axe, Hammer, Pickaxe, Chainsaw . can be carried on the back
15/40 Great Sword, plasteel Chainsaw, DeSword
15/20 spears, deal 30 damage when thrown
sharpening adds 5 damage, eWeapons are sharpened
its a vague list

note that most damage values are 5 less than in the “lower” numbers. as I mentioned, I didn’t know whetstones existed.

PLEASE MOVE ITEMS UP OR DOWN AS YOU BELIVE NESSESARY OR FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE GAME

I am new and I know you have a better grasp on what you can get your hands on at round start than I.

so whats the point of all of this. well I will share my research and theory crafting.

the damage of 20 is a very special amount of damage. its enough to take an unsuspecting victims life, but not enough to get through a veteran sec officer. and the sec officer has armor, buying him more time. a VERY special number that I feel needs mentioning

18 damage and 15 damage. 18 damage is almost as good as 20, and I feel it should be used as such. items that would turn someone’s face into a bowl should do that much. 15 damage gets mentioned for being a very unthreatening amount of damage that hurts. it hurts a lot.

the weapon triumvirate is a theory of :
“sword over baton over bat, with the daggers being unavoidable but swords are outlaw-able.” thus batons reign supreme as the king of melee combat.

I haven’t forgotten sec

if the highest set of numbers get used playing sec would be suicide

in the example the traitor was already outed. I have no problem with him being taken out by a couple assistants who are willing to die for the station.

I dropped unarmed damage from the list entirely. it was mostly there as a reference.

medical is my job and I will cry if I want to.

I don’t have too much to say, especially because I don’t know how the bat works. or pushing. help please.

the high numbers are indeed way to high

I’m not trying to put a nuke in the hands of the crew. I’m trying to put a shank in their hands. a real one. more on hatchets and cleavers later.

I can see eyes lusting after the juiciest of numbers, but do keep in mind that getting a sword is not something you can do outside of being a cultist or traitor. unless you are captain.

Items that I can see being bumped down a rung:
toolboxes, moved down to 15 damage and the susbox moved down to 18

Items that I feel need to be where they are
hatchet, more than any item I see the stations salvation here. costing 6.75 iron its an honestly expensive piece of gear that I cant recommend mass producing, or even making any of. the few you can find around the station would have to make do. this item is a great “dagger damage” vessel.

with the numbers as I have them, in theory the crew would either have 12 or 15 damage from objects nearby, or 18 to 20 damage from someone who either bothered to nab a hatchet, or is an engineer. with a welder.

without theft, and discounting the atmos fireaxe, the highest damage a crewmember could get would be a chef with a sharpened cleaver at 25 damage.

I am very tired, I’m sure I missed something. meeh !
tell me what I missed, plox. because I am dense.

I kinda feel like if you knew the numbers I currently am theory crafting with you might warm a little bit. they sure arnt the wild uneducated guess that I spewed into the wall of shame.

I could just be talking about numbers, but y’all don’t got time to just up and rework everything. so I’ve been trying to do what I can to make that easy.

edit:
oh, right. the “one good reason” that I was talking about

greytiding

1 Like

The bat knocks people back and stuns them if they hit a wall, you can stunlock people with it if you can corner them. Pushing someone into a wall or table is the same as slipping them, if you shove someone while they’re down they get stunned for a short time.

1 Like

I heard something about an anti stunlock, that is what I am asking about.

1 Like

I can agree with some on the new list, but a few seem a bit much. Namely the Iron Rod, Wrench/Crowbar, Hatchets and the E-Dagger.

The main problem with all of them is how easy it is to get those items and how easy it is to conceal them. Like, Iron Rods are insanely easy to get and conceal, so I dunno if they should do 12. For wrenches and crowbars, they’re also very accessible, since they can both be printed from lathes (Techfabs and Autolathes), and from that vending machine in Primary Tool Storage. Hatchets are a bit too easy to obtain since they start in Botany, the station’s garden if they have one, and are available in unhacked Autolathes. E-Dagger too since it’s only 2TC, and very concealable so I don’t know about that one.

Personally, I think those rods should go down to 7, Wrenches and Crowbars should go down to 12, and Hatchets and E-Dagger to 18. All the higher tier weapons are around the list damage anyway, so no trouble there.

Glad to know we agree on the first point! These new numbers could work and not put sec in the hole, so they’re better in that category.

Oh yeah, I have no personal problem with Valid-Hunting assistants, but there’s also that powergaming rule on Sage. Under rule 8, As a crewmember, you are: “not an experienced soldier. Do not rush into danger without reason.” So upping the damage like that might only encourage that kind of behaviour as now they have more tools to do so with.

That is indeed good. Nothing much else to say

I do applaud your determination in medical however there are people who don’t have the same level. If doctors had to deal with twice the corpses and chemistry had to make thrice the medicine it might put people off from playing as those roles due to the difficulty and monotony each round.

I think “TheSpaghettiSauceSla” said it best:

but yeah, clicking on someone with “Disarm” intent will push them, if they get pushed into a wall they get knocked down, and if they get pushed again they’ll get stunned. People (Zesko, I’m pretty sure) are trying to stop bats from being able to stunlock, from what I’ve read on discord. Sounds like that’s what they mean by “Anti-Stunlock”, though I might be wrong.

Overall, these lower numbers are certainly better, they wouldn’t put Sec or Antags in the hole, would maybe put more work on medical but not too bad, and should keep things mostly balanced. It could go for some tweaking, though. If anyone wants to add on feel free, this is a debate and it looks like we’re coming to an agreement.

TL;DR:
Good to know we agree on some stuff, it’s much better than before, but it needs a little tweaking IMO.

1 Like

CKEY: JellicoDace 987h
Ok buddy keep playing the noob card

1 Like

delete the donut man

1 Like

Moved to #suggestions.

1 Like

so to note, under this list the e-dagger deals 25 damage, and yes that is a lot. an easy fix would be to raise the price to 5 tc, and remove the eSword from the list of available traitor items. eSword is still an item for nuke ops and null crates. gonna pack in a vote to have DeSwords not fit in bags, but on a belt slot. eWeapons are sharpened. also, I file the changling arm blade as a sharpened dagger.

to the hatchet, I have it doing 20 damage because its “pseudo-common,” there are a fixed number of them on station and even though you don’t need to hack the lathe they still cost a prohibitive amount of iron. they are not mass produce-able. I’m trying to find some item to give the crew a 20 damage option and only the hatchet can fill that niche.

iron rods and other construction items dealing 7 damage seems fine to me, having a lower end limit is fair.

wrench and crowbar, as I had mentioned 15 damage is the lowest value that actually starts working your opponent toward being in crit. common items, yes. 15 damage a lot, far from it. not as important to me as getting the hatchet “combat knife” status, but . . . well you know how I feel about 12 damage. I didn’t even consider putting an item at lower damage because 9 hits is honestly an eternity. I give 15 damage a material value of 2 iron or 2 wood.

while on the topic of general items for station defence, can we get an attack speed buff for the stun prod? three hits is ok, but I remember a really long pause between each attack and that kinda destroys the items viability.

please reduce the synthflesh cost at round start to 50u. we cant even deal with shit now. honestly this is a lot more on the rest of the crew, as making 270u of synthflesh takes about 3-5 minutes, but I digress.

I am not sure what to do with bats, but they are something we should talk about. I mentioned the “weapon triumvirate” and bats make the list. focus thought into “swords are military items, batons are police gear, and bats are the peoples defense.” bats should never do a lot of damage, with the most super maximum over-bat dealing at most 20 damage. pro tip: use a bat on someone chasing you to create distance, but prioritize running. also corners in maint can be used to great effect on a unwary antag that is giving chase. just dip around a corner and shove him into the wall when he tries to do the same.

to finalize the reasoning behind removing the eSword from the list of trator gear is due to how unbelievably obvious it is. its not very “traitor.” much more of a military, or nuke op, item. feel free to keep them in, but do note that with the eDagger dealing 25, and costing half as much tc, the eDagger becomes a very enticing alternative. also eDagger welder, woo ! other items the dagger can be hidden in, especialy items that anyone would have on their person, would be a great addition to this game.

last note: a lot of items do additional damage when thrown. with the exeption of the spear and dedicated throwing weapons, drop that whole idea. I’ve gone over the theory of letting a dagger deal 30 damage when thrown and it just gets out of hand too fast. you can carry too many for that to be allowed to get past a balance check.

I just realized that the words “null crate” left my lips. what is a null crate ?

don’t be afraid if we bump heads a few times. lets talk this out.

oh quick note, I find the cost of the switchblade to be a bit high, but I’m not sure what to do about it. maybe remove the modular receiver from the cost. we can think about it. it is a super cool item that I adore, but right now it’s mostly cosmetic.

1 Like

I see your point with the hatchet, it would fit the role without being too common and gives the lifebringers a decent weapon.

With the Wrench/Crowbar I see what you’re going for so that crew can have that emergency weapon that does some damage. We mostly agree on this part, though It’ll likely be up to a testmerge to see if the damage is right.

Also on the stunprod I think it’s meant to be slow since otherwise it could be just as viable as a stun baton, though I don’t really use it so I can’t comment much.

Oh yeah, we certainly agree here. I sometimes do chemistry and it can be hell trying to make enough Synthflesh to cover the cloner all the time. I also can vouch for the time, since I’ve made 300u of Synthflesh and it did take around 3-5 minutes.

Bats might just be good where they are now since they do decent damage and paired with their knockback and availability already make them a quite viable option.

I personally don’t go serious traitor, so I can’t really comment specifically on if removing the E-Sword would be bad. Though if the dagger had a price change and damage buff, then perhaps removing the sword would force traitors into an Ultimatum. since they’d either pick the Dagger for a cheaper, stealthier weapon at the cost of damage, or the DE-Sword for better damage and block ability, but at the cost of price and stealth. I don’t know if this would be good, so if any traitors want to inform me that’d be great!

Null Crates are special… well, crates that only appear in Emagged Cargo Consoles. For a price of I believe 20,000 credits, you can get a shipment of randomized traitor gear, from bombs to implants to hardsuits. I don’t know if you can get Nuke-Op equipment from it, though. Also, I think they have a chance at spawning a Lone Operative, which is like 1 person Nuke-Ops if I got it right.

We’re making some good progress, agreeing on some things, and the things we disagree on can only be settled through testing, so we don’t gotta bring those up again.

(Also I don’t know much about the switchblade since I’ve yet to see one myself so if anyone does know more then please comment, thanks)

1 Like

traitors can get DeSwords ??

the switchblade does 12 damage, and the upgraded version does 15, from my testing. it cost a modular receiver and a kitchen knife to make, and 2 plastitanium to upgrade. with kitchen knives dealing 12 damage adding the modular receiver to the cost makes this a very . . . annoying prospect.

1 Like

the reason jellico wants this change, in my eyes, is very simple:

stuns op

so melee should be good to counter that
in practice, it just means stun+ melee will be the new meta

1 Like

Yeah that doesn’t sound too good

1 Like