CKEY: Tifastits

Admin’s CKEY: Ocean_fish

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage

Ban Type: Job Ban

Ban Length: 7 days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 07/04/2020

Round ID: 18080

Ban Reason: Wanted to test out a gas grenade at end of round but someone set off a welderbomb, freaked me out and I let my 'nade loose.

Appeal Reason: I just want it shortened to anything other than 7 days, I really was doing it to test the grenade and see if it worked as advertised. Nothing really more to it, just wanted to learn and jumped the gun with end of round grief.

Additional Information:

Oh I screwed up, the round ID was actually 18078, I looked at current round and just subtracted by 1. My bad.

@Oceanic_Fish
yo how close was this to the end of round?
a couple seconds? right as the shuttle docked? did you bwoink them ingame, or just straight up apply a ban? there’s alot of stuff missing in the ban reason and this report. previous notes should be taken into consideration here, intent, and the actual cause/result of this

Did this affect the round in any serious way?
Not really, from what I can tell, assuming this was right before the end credits and it only critted two people at most - If this had happened in-round, it would be assumed that Tifastits would actually get the two medical attention, ahelp that they fucked up, and be given a note or simply a warning

Does the player have a history of doing this type of thing?
Since it wasn’t included in the ban reason, I’m assuming not, since admins generally say “they’ve been warned for this behavior before” or some such. Also, I don’t recognize the name tifatits, so they might be new, and a 7 day ban for an accident seems harsh

Were environmental factors taken into account?
Doesn’t look like it, since Tifastits says someone welderbombed before them, which CAUSED them to let the grenade lose, but I don’t see a ban for someone welderbombing the shuttle on the bans page

Until logs are gathered and the banning admins shows up, we can’t be sure, but this is just my take on the situation

edit: Ocean is a trialmin and authorization isn’t included in the ban reason :vibecheck:

I will say I pinged ahelp first to let them know. Why I did that I can’t really explain other than im too dumb and nice.

It was about 30 seconds before the shuttle docked. A fire smoke nade that also ingited welder tanks on the shuttle, at the end of a greenshift.

First instance as far as I can tell. Personally I’d lessen the ban to 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes about 5 at the least. It’s a job ban not a server ban, and because you wanted to throw a grenade you made, on the shuttle, potentially cucked a couple of antags or at best only killed two crew.

Jobbans are not authed by admins like server bans aren’t they?

Ah no you’re right, I am tired and got mixed up. I meant to say I said I authed a full ban at the time, as I was there.

I gave em long jobban because they already had notes, but because of other things it wasn’t enough yet for full ban

I don’t want to lift the ban because if it wasn’t extended and you actually kill someone with this I would give you a server ban instead of a job one because you could just ruin someone’s greentext by testing your epic grenades on people.

1 Like

wasnt epic enough if you only got banned for 7 days ngl

It really wasn’t epic enough was it

But honestly, I really have nothing more to say since the reason behind my jobban was “somebody could have lost their greentext”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.