Your Discord: CallyyllaC#2893

Offender’s CKEY: Isy232

LRP or MRP server: Sage

Offender’s In-Game Name: Rance Steele

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02/19/2020

Round Number: 27207

Rules Broken:

1. No Powergaming

Do not collect dangerous items, weapons, or tools “just in case”. Do not wear a hardsuit, riot suit, or similar bulky/uncomfortable armor for the entire round.

Incident Description: So, in this round, i was a changling, which will come up here and there. but, the player being reported (Isy232), did some extreme, excessive powergaming as HOS, they, from round start, was wearing their hardsuit, and had it on them all game, only taking it off once for vaccine for cat disease. they went around all round on a secway too. the majority of the round, they were either following me, or other lings from what i saw. anyways, at one point during the round, i got teleported into their office, and, the moment i began moving around, they were there and immediately bag searched me instead of asking how i got in there. and then, after searching me, they decided to cuff me and send me to gulag despite no contraband being in my bag, stating the reason as being “Had HOS Headset”, which i took to ask HOS to let me out. and this whole time, they had their hardsuit on them.

later on during the round, after i had escaped from gulag, because i was ling and broke out. they randomly decided to arrest me again, using the temperature gun to stop me, instead of a disabler or the such. they then sent me back to gulag, despite the fact that they had no real reason to, i wasn’t even on arrest at the time.

later on, on shuttle, me and CMO were in the back security area of the pubby shuttle, and CMO was trying to finish their ling objective, so i decided to help. then, the HOS came in, fucking blasted me and CMO with a riot shotgun loaded with lethal rounds (On blue alert), and then spaced the both of us once the shuttle departed. all the while, again, still in their hardsuit, and still using the temperature gun to stop people from moving, rather than a disabler.

Additional Information: they handled their own ticket after francium left
edit to additional info: in the round right after this happened, not even 25 minutes in, HOS is using the tempature gun as their disbaler again

edit 2: following them in a round, at 3 minutes in, they rushed a toolbelt and filled it with tools. at 5 minutes they grabbed the tempature gun and put it into their bag. at 10 minutes in, they went to the contrbaand locker and took the throwables box located in it this round, and emptied it somehwere. round they did this was 27211

:thinking:
Are you serious?

HoS having riot shotgun with lethal ammo on blue and then spacing suspected lings afterwards is a valid complaint but there you broke out of gulag and complain of getting punished again. You didn’t serve your sentence at all.

This is bad and grounds for admin report not player report but I suspect it will be handled as both.

Admins sent a cat virus that prompted many of the crew to spend their round in a sealed suit, it was not just the HoS.

see, thats the thing. even after the cat virus was removed from everyone, they stayed in their hardsuit. and again, part of the rule says " Do not wear a hardsuit, riot suit, or similar bulky/uncomfortable armor for the entire round."

I can not see any entries in the log that show them handling any administrative issues in their own name, at least under round id 27207, which is the round you are complaining about.

27208 is a Golden round.

it was on 27209 that they handled it, giving me ckey for a player report

Confirm. Investigating that now. If it was just them saying it was their key and nothing more I don’t think anyone could consider that a violation of the neutral ticketing policy.

Confirmed:

[2021-02-19 22:24:37.543] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1: Waifu thread/(Waifu thread): who was HOS last shift? - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[2021-02-19 22:24:45.454] ADMINPRIVATE: isy232 opened the ticket panel.
[2021-02-19 22:25:04.628] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Isy232/(Isy232)->Waifu thread/(Waifu thread): Purposes ofplayer report?
[2021-02-19 22:25:04.628] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1 claimed by Isy232/(Isy232).
[2021-02-19 22:25:10.031] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Waifu thread/(Waifu thread)->Isy232/(Isy232): yes
[2021-02-19 22:25:27.534] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Isy232/(Isy232)->Waifu thread/(Waifu thread): Isy232
[2021-02-19 22:25:45.719] ADMIN: Isy232/(Isy232) checked the individual player panel for Waifu thread/(Waifu thread) while in game.
[2021-02-19 22:27:08.549] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1 resolved by Isy232/(Isy232)

This can not conceivably constitute a violation of the policy of self-handling a ticket under precedent set in Victor v. Bloons.

i know, thats why i put it in additional information, kinda just a footnote. also, why did they check my player pannel?

Unsure. I see no reason for them to have done that, but I believe this was pre-round anyways.

Additional Information/Incident: Round 27211 Sage

Rance Steele had arrested someone believed to be a ling, dragged them to robotics and asked for an MMI(to perform the MMI test). MMI testing a ling is said to be metagaming in many places on the forums. Ultimately Rance was denied an MMI(thus no test ever occurred).

However, the acknowledgement in game, and the attempt to procure an MMI with the explicit intent of doing so, is a bit alarming. Does this still qualify?
I had ahelped this for additional monitioring.

Keywords for chat logs:
“Nanotrasen Law” - mentioned by Roboticist/RD who denied the Rance’s request.

That was handled by me during the round and passed to headmins for review.

1 Like

Ah, I hadn’t heard about that. Sounds like that’s getting handled.

Can confirm that it’s being investigated currently as we speak.

I wore the suit for the specific purpose of not catching the cat virus. I never actually got a vaccine so I never took it off.

I also encouraged the rest of the security department to do the same.

I didnt do this for any other reason. The security hardsuit has almost the same armour as the security vests while slowing you down. I didn’t want to wear it, I just didnt want to catch the cat virus more.

I found you inside my office, I let you out into the brig and asked to search you. You were in my office, I need to make sure nothing is missing.

You replied by dropping your backpack and coat. I looked through the coat and then you picked the backpack up. I asked you to drop the backpack again, I didnt get enough time to finish my search. This makes me suspicious.

I ask you to let me finish the search, you say “no, let me out” I apply stun baton, you start trying to dodge. I eventually stun baton you down and put you in a cell. I then begin searching and find you with my spare headset.

At this point I think you:
1: Somehow broke into my office? I’m not sure, but its weird you were in there.
2: Refused a search.
3: Resisted arrest.
4: Stole my spare headset with access to the security and command channels.

I take my headset back and gulag you for 600 points.

I later see you in the hallway, you are wearing full security equipment and asking for your items back. I first tell you to drop the security equipment. You start running away. I shoot you with the temp gun and arrest you. Seeing as you learned nothing from your previous gulagging, I take off your security equipment and send you back, for 700 points this time.

Note: I dont want to say my recollection of the events is flawless, but this is what I remember.

At this point changelings were confirmed, so I had grabbed a shotgun loaded with buckshot. This is because the EMP effects of changelings make energy guns useless.

I walk into the security area of the shuttle. The lawyer is there being beaten on by someone. I shoot disablers there way. Suddenly, another person starts armblading me. I quickly take out the shotgun I have and fill them with buckshot. The person beating on the lawyer comes to the aid of the changeling, I shoot them too. I then cuff both enemies and put them in the brig area. I let the chaplain in who uses his bible to heal the lawyer.

The shuttle then takes off. A cyborg uses their holofan on the area between the pods of the shuttle and breaks the windows. I see this as a perfect opportunity to get rid of the changelings which are about to revive and throw them both off of the shuttle. I also assume this is what the cyborg wanted.

I dont think my responses to you were unreasonable in these situations. I think some of the other rounds I played this day I did have some issues, but not with you here.

An adressing of the other issues.

In another round where people had issue with my conduct, I had many things on me. Here is my reasoning for having these items.

The security backpack
the head of security’s bowman headset
The security HUDSunglasses
The mindshield implant
The head of security’s jumpsuit
The armored greatcoat
The head of security beret
The jackboots
The black gloves
PDA-Rance Steele (Head of Security)
The box
The stun baton
The pinpointer
The security gas mask
The epinephrine medipen
The skinsuit helmet
The skinsuit
The emergency oxygen tank
The handcuffs
The X-01 MultiPhase Energy Gun
The energy gun
The flash

All standard head of security equipment. I dont think anyone has any issues with these items. I spawn will all of these items on or next to my character.

The flashbang
The box of flashbangs (WARNING)
The flashbang
x5

I had a box of flashbangs in my locker at the start of the round. I thought they might come in handy so I took the box.

The first-aid kit
The medical gauze
The bruise pack
x2
The ointment
x2
The health analyzer

A full white first aid kit. There are quite a lot of these in the brig medbay as well as just around the station and they are quite useful, so I picked one up.

The toolbelt
The cable coil
The high-capacity power cell
The insulated gloves
The wrench
The analyzer
The wirecutters
The multitool
The screwdriver
The welding tool
The pocket crowbar

A full set of tools, spare powercell and insulated gloves. I play a lot of engineering so I know of all of the uses for these items and am in general used to taking them. If something goes wrong I am used to being there to fix it.

I remember there being a council ruling that tools were not powergaming so I didnt think it was too much of an issue to take a set.

The security temperature gun

This is mostly a meme weapon. Its damage is pitiful, its only real use is slowing your opponents down. I took it to be unique and it has some occasional uses.

The riot shotgun

I believe I remember the round this was taken. Changelings were confirmed and I had fought one myself previously. I was scared of being EMP’ed, making all of my energy weapons useless. A shotgun is immune to EMP and very powerful against changelings, so I took it considering it was decently likely I would get into another combat situation with a changeling.

I think any reasonable real person would want a shotgun in this situation, if I play my character like a real person I want that shotgun because I dont want to be murdered and sucked by a ling.

I only took the shotgun and loaded it with buckshot after changelings were confirmed and had fought with me and murdered someone. I did not take this at the start of the round.

I also opened the armoury and told my fellow officers to take shotguns so they could defend themselves in the case of being EMP’ed by a changeling.

so, a few red flags here for me.

but, you had it again, why? it’s in the armoury for a reason. if people are meant to use it on normal alert levels, it wouldnt be in the armoury.

but still, you just said you took it “Just in case”, which, if we look at the rule that you had broken. it says:

1. No Powergaming

Do not collect dangerous items, weapons, or tools “just in case”. Do not wear a hardsuit, riot suit, or similar bulky/uncomfortable armor for the entire round.

and you’re saying here, you took the riot shotgun “Just in case you had to fight a changling”, which, if im not mistaken, is an actual, direct violation of the rule, is it not? and yet, you are saying you didnt violate the rule, because of the fact you took a Riot Shotgun, on blue alert, loaded with lethals, “Just in case”. and then encouraged other security officers to violate the same rule, saying:

From the wiki

Code Blue - Confirmed Threat

Energy guns, laser guns and riot gear are allowed to be given out to security personnel if the HoS or Warden agree.

It doesnt explicitly say shotguns but it pretty clearly implies that on Blue the HOS can make a decision on whether to open the armory up to sec personell or not.

they opened the armoury on blue. you dont open the armoury on blue

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Standard_Operating_Procedure#Code_Blue_-_Confirmed_Threat