Perma until explanation on forums
Ban Length:

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2021-08-18 04:03:42
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Bombed oh hi daniel escape shuttle before EORG, appeal on forums
Appeal Reason:
I Bombed the escape shuttle due to me not having any objectives to really keep me going, I decided to give up my hypo greentext for a traitor lawyer lizard, i didn’t want to kill them as it would seem very dickish in general. I tried to get other objectives like messaging the syndicate, No admins online…fuck.
At this rate, i was slightly annoyed, I couldn’t think of a gimmick to drive the round, and had no greentext to focus on. I bombed the shuttle with a realistic orion trail bomb out of boredom and annoyance.
Looking back as it, I saw it a bit dickish, as it denied some people their greentext, i still think that betraying the traitor lizard is more dickish.

Additional Information:
I think the ban reason is a bit incorrect, as i only bombed it once unless i don’t remember the round Or a chain reaction of an explosion on somebody else

Another thing, aren’t antagonists exempt from griefing? What is the difference? is there more leeway of what’s being classified as grief if you are an antagonist?

Hey!

You are correct on the ban reason, it was my first day adminning and I was having trouble getting the system to update with the new reason. My apologies for the confusion on my part, I’ll be asking for additional training on that when home from vacation.

This is the correct ban reason:

Emagged and bombed Oh Hi Daniel shuttle before EORG, D/C’d before able to bwoink. Did not have shuttle hijack or glorious death. Appeal on the forums. Auth’d by Ruko. Round ID 32122

Because Ruko authorized it and because I am a moderator, I believe Ruko will be handling this appeal.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

4 Likes

Another thing, aren’t antagonists exempt from griefing? What is the difference? is there more leeway of what’s being classified as grief if you are an antagonist?

Absolutely not

As far as I am aware, most antags (barring Wizards, nukies, heretics etc.) are only supposed to kill and destroy if their objectives say so, or if it is to hide a crime due to a witness. Going out of your way to kill and destroy if its not your objective and you are not under immediate threat is straight up grief, and not allowed.

From what I can tell from your ban reason, you did not have hijack objectives and you were not defending yourself.

Will be getting to this when I get home today

@anon26938153 has the right of it though.

3 Likes

It is a bit strange that you didn’t know our antagonist conduct and yet up until now also hadn’t violated it (or at least been caught violating it), but honestly with the explanation and lack of relevant notes, I don’t really think there’s much else to discuss here.

The fact you did try to reach out to admins (confirmed via logs) to receive new/additional objectives helps your case here, and there definitely is room to generally antagonize crew beyond your objectives as long as you keep it engaging for others - you still definitely shouldn’t do something on this scale again without having your objectives actually updated to enable murderbone though.

Give the antagonist conduct a re-read and stop breaking our netspeak rule and I don’t see an issue with lifting/shortening this after the explanation. Will seek additional input before I lift though.

The main reason i couldn’t get a gimmick going was beccause i was a sec officer, i was thinking of doing a shitcurity gimmick, however, that seemed extremely shitty in general

If i was doing a saw gimmick (I tried to steer clear of it because i wanted to think of more ideas) The kidnapped person would know what’s coming to them “Ah shit, another saw trap, what’s he got in store for me now?”

If i was doing a shitcurity gimmick, Then all they would think was “Man, this is a really shitcurity officer, I don’t like him”

Good gimmicks engage victims into being more merciful, and sometimes give them creative punishments if caught

Like ruko said, it seems odd you werent aware of our antag conduct. Bombing the shuttle(especialy the danial) is pretty clearly not “low-colatarol”. Skimming trough your other notes/bans too gives me a minor pattern of behavior we dont want anymore on bee.

Usualy iam the kinda guy to give benefits of the doubt, and I wana keep in that spirit since you do have considerble time spent here.

I would propose 1-2 week server ban. And I advice you to re-read the rules in full. you have 700 hours this would not be a strange request

Well with only that input, I suppose that’s what I’m going with.