IPC nerf thread

Fair enough but the idea in general was to nerf on the fly repairing where ipcs can just whip out a cable coild and a welder anywhere,
If we add this change ipcs will be inclined to visit robotics for healing

1 Like

Cannot lie, IPCs should be (and I as a prosthetic limb user am) inclined to go to robo just to get superior limbs.

Thinking about it though and getting off topic, I’m reminded of a small suggestions mega thread post I made about something you could put on the limbs of organics carbons called the “cyborg limb attachment plug” or “C.L.A.P.” for short and realize “Hey, wouldn’t that sort of thing be able to re-use some IPC code?” cause IPC limbs just snap back on and all.

its so rare for my limbs to fall off as ipc another possible nerf would to make their limbs more easy to detach, with the trade being that they can be slapped back on(if they dont already do that, I never could try since I never had my limbs removed by some things)

Yeah having those things fall off more often would be neat.

minor thread derailment

Maybe organ limb to IPC with this quirk :trollface:

i genuinely don’t think you realize how fucked EMPs make you
a heavy EMP near crits you, deals enough brain damage to give a few minor traumas, and deals 30 stomach damage, and removes 50% of you max charge

what a heavy EMP does to an IPC

removes common on the tounge
deals 75 brain damage
200 knockdown, 30 jitter, and 30 dizzy from the ears
get flashed by your eyes nerd
heart turns off for 10 seconds
Stomach loses half of its MAX CHARGE, not just the charge it has and is damaged for 30, increasing charge times by about 30%
15 tox from the liver
10 damage to every limb, which I think isn’t affected by the burn damage modifier of (2x?) they have.
that’s 60 burn damage plus 15 tox damage on heavy EMP, plus not being able to call for help easily and potentially getting the spasms trauma which further damages them

3 Likes

Big issue I see here is hard counters v. soft counters. Hard counters are really by design less fun than soft counters as they are instant win buttons, see pre-nerf flashes where you got fucked on if you didn’t have advanced sunglasses. Whereas soft counters if you are robust enough you can skill your way into victory, such as plasmamen still being able to win fights despite brute and burn modifiers.

Right now IPC’s have a hard counter with EMP and a soft counter with burn damage modifier.

Maybe remove the instant loss from EMP and make it so they need air to cool their CPU, or instead of a complete immunity to cold they just have a higher tolerance since I imagine cooling a computer to just above 0 Kelvin would in fact fuck with it.

IMO they aren’t too bad right now. Yeah they are potent with self-healing being readily available, reviving being easy, but they also take more damage from brute and burn and just get completely fucked over by EMPs which are easy to acquire whether through making simple grinder bombs or the 2tc emp implant. If EMPs ever get retouched like some people have mentioned wanting to do, then it might be time to relook at it.

1 Like

Emp really frequent and anoyyin
if you want to nerf the hard stun just do it like ethereals
instead of you just dying your organ is fried and you take
toxin dmg also your charge gets lower (also no idea why they added ethereal emp weakness)

yeah, i dont see why people think emps are hard to make either. Literally anyone can obtain 20u uranium and 20u iron and stick them in the same bottle.

Instant win

Here’s my hot take on this one:
Merge IPCs with cyborgs

IPCs acquire all the same perks and downsides of cyborgs and have their balance changed alongside them. Just add a “humanoid” module to cyborgs that has hands and a storage apparatus of some kind.

Yes this is a legitimate suggestion and not just bait, but no I haven’t sat down and considered the exact consequences of how having so many roundstart cyborgs would affect the game

3 Likes

Space proofing wouldn’t make sense if IPCs if they are air cooled.

You may be thinking “But space is cold as fuck!”
That may be the case, the lack of atmosphere means heat has no atmosphere medium to transfer into, hence why cooling has to be done with fuckoff huge pipe arrays called radiators because heat doesn’t like radiating into vacuum

Space proofing wouldn’t make sense if IPCs if they are air cooled.

They aren’t immune to space, they just don’t need to breathe and are immune to cold they still take damage from the low pressure. 2/3 immune kind of

The “no breathing” thing checks out, but low presure damage? Organics take brute damage from space because vacuum removes the ambient pressure of the atmosphere it is constructed to withstand, thus inducing internal over-pressurization of cells, veins and organs, which leads to physical strain and ultimately bursting veins and organs and some cellular deterioration.

IPCs LACK veins, true organs and cells*, so thusly depressurization wouldn’t occur.

Course the whole previous tirade would now apply but yeah. weird.

(*they have batteries, wires and mechanical organ analogs right?)

Only eyes, ears, brain and some analogue for a liver that doesn’t actually do anything iirc

I took it out once and started taking shit tons of toxin damage so it definitely does something, if only be there for the sake of being there.

It does work, just needs a wacky way of infecting. What I do is load up the bottle with the infected blood into a cryo tube, then slightly damage the IPC so the tube doesn’t instantly kick them out then let them be inside for a couple of seconds.
t. Viro knower.

That’s just a humanoid thing - no liver means lots of toxin damage. Didn’t always used to be that way, but then the meta of removing your liver to be immune to chem warfare happened.

You also lost the ability to process beneficial chems, but touch based ones and basic first aid kits still worked

Yes they get insta deleted, like I said before just dont play jobs where people want you dead.
Play social jobs and you will like not have a problem

Its not about winning 'ere, its about making a story, if someone wants you dead regardless of race, they will find a way, ipcs just have an insta shutdown debuff but they are still busted, the most easy way to negate it, just play jobs that dont involve a lot of contact, dont rush the antag just because balid, preserve yourself and be a coward, there is some counterplay to it
Now repeating
if someone wants you dead regardless of race, they will find a way,
No counter play but it doesnt justify the buffs they have, which outweight by far the insta shutdown emp

Bullets.

The answer is always and indisputably never, bullets.