Implants and why they exist

if im gonna be honest i really dont know why i bothered to make this

there was this one time where some roboticist died and i was the warden and i was really suspicious about him so i implant checked his dead body and i went like “what the fuck is a health implant”

you can only have one implant per body part slot, except for injected implants

in general, when EMPed, eye implants will blind you, head implants will stun you, mouth implants will suffocate you, chest implants will poison or otherwise directly harm you, and arm implants will retract

surgical implants

welding eyes implant

eye implant

implant via surgery

protects you from flashes (as well as the flash in a flashbang) and prevents the blindness from welding

medHUD implant

eye implant

implant via surgery

shows health bars above living things, like a RPG, as well as allow you to change peoples medical logs by examining at them (although who the fuck actually updates the medical records)

secHUD implant

eye implant

implant via surgery

shows job icons, arrest status and mindshield/tracking implant status above people, and also allows you to set the security status of crewmembers you examine

xray/night vision implant

eye implant

implant via surgery or 10 telecrystals

gives you full xray vision, ignoring all line of sight restrictions, as well as providing night vision too

thermal vision implant

eye implant

implant via surgery or 8 telecrystals

gives you thermal vision, showing all living things even when blocked by line of sight, as well as providing night vision too, although you are now more vulnerable to flashes in the same way as a mothperson

luminescent (flashlight) vision implant

eye implant

implant via surgery

lets you emit a cone of light from your eyes, like a flashlight, except you can change the color too

although according to some people they make you blind

i should specify that luminescent vision and flashlight eyes are two different things i think

i donno

i don’t even see the fucking use for this implant though so do with that as you will mate

breathing tube implant

mouth implant

implant via surgery

allows you to use internals without a mask

construction tool implant

arm implant

implant via surgery, use a screwdriver on it to change it between left arm and right arm configuration

allows you to extend and retract any basic construction tool from your arm

when emagged adds a combat knife to the avaliable tools

surgical tool implant

arm implant

implant via surgery, use a screwdriver on it to change it between left arm and right arm configuration

allows you to extend and retract any basic surgical tool from your arm, including drapes

anti drop implant

head implant

implant via surgery

allows you to tighten your grip on one of your hands on command, basically making whatever you’re holding unremovable barring amputation, if EMPed will have a chance to toss the item in your hand on top of the stun

CNS rebooter implant

head implant

implant via surgery or 12 telecrystals

reduces all stuns to a maximum of 4 seconds, although kind of useless now due to the fact that stun batons do stamina damage now instead of direct stuns, if EMPed will lengthen stuns

nutrient pump implant

chest implant

implant via surgery

will give you enough nutrition to prevent your hunger from going below “starving” level, if EMPed will poison you

nutrient pump implant plus

chest implant

implant via surgery

will give you enough nutrition to prevent your hunger from going below “hungry” level, if EMPed will poison you

reviver implant

chest implant

implant via surgery or 8 telecrystals

if you go into crit it’ll heal you on a cooldown, when EMPed will give you a heart attack

thruster implants

chest implant

implant via surgery

allows you to fly around like a normal jetpack but it will take air from the environment and you can’t stabilize, sort of like how mothperson wings work

injected implants

implanter

can draw any implant that can be stored in an implant case, such as mindshields, trackers, traitor implants, etc

implant case

can store any implant that can be loaded onto an implant injector (implanter), it can also be used in surgery to recover implants instead of destroy them, such as mindshields

health implant

is automatically implanted into you whenever you are scanned with an upgraded clone scanner

when you die with a health implant, and the cloner has autoprocessing ON, it will signal the cloning computer to clone you

sad trombone

makes the sad trombone sound when you die

clowns start with it

mindshield

used for deconverting revolutionaries and gangsters as well as preventing people from being converted to revs, gang, or cultists

people who are head revolutionaries, gang leaders, or gang lieutenants will “appear to resist the implant” and people who are already cultists will not be de culted when mindshielded

if you have the time, you can remove mindshields via implant removal surgery so you can convert someone normally

tracker

you can track people with tracker implants locations on the prisoner management console or bluespace locator, as well as send messages to their brain, and teleport directly to them with a teleporter or hand teleporter

will be destroyed 10 minutes after death unless revived

chemical

can be loaded with 50 units of any reagent by injecting it into the implant casing that it’s in, and then once you implant it into someone, you can activate it remotely via the prisoner management console

will be destroyed 10 minutes after death unless revived

adrenal

8 telecrystals and 25+ players

when used via the action menu, will instantly remove all stuns and provide some minor healing, in the same vein as stimulants from a stimpack, although the adrenal implant is kinda shit now due to the fact that stun batons do stamina damage now instead of a normal stun

has between 2 and 4 uses

freedom

4 telecrystals

when used via the action menu, will instantly remove all hand restraints (not straightjackets) and can be used 4 times

pretty fucking useless for nuke ops since you’ll usually just be shot

do note that if people realize you can instantly get out of handcuffs like this, you’ll usually just be shot instead of nonlethally apprehended

storage

7 telecrystals

when used via the action menu, will open a two item storage space

keep your illegal PDA cartridges and emags and guns and shit in there so that you don’t get sent to pound town for a random search

if it’s removed with items inside, the items inside will be permenantly lost and cannot be recovered, rather unfortunate if your nuke core container that you need for your “steal nuke core” objective was in there

radio

4 telecrystals

gives you a radio that can access the syndicate channel

EMP proof

to change frequency off the common radio, you can use the button in the action menu to change frequencies, for example the command radio channel is 135.3

S3 (stealth)

when used via the action menu, will deploy an inconspicuous box that is invisible

if the box collides with any living being or vise versa, it will be revealed, continuing to collide with the box (e.g. pushing on it) will continue to reveal it, if the box is clicked on, you will be revealed with a loud metal gear solid style alert noise and everyone in the area being given red exclamation marks over their head !!!

uplink

3 telecrystals

when used via the action menu, will allow you to open a syndicate uplink

to recharge the telecrystals inside, get raw telecrystals (you can buy them in the “bundles” section of the uplink) and slather them across your impure, bony, purple plasmaman ribs

microbomb

2 telecrystals

all nuclear operatives start with one of these, but you can implant yourself with as many as you want for a bigger explosion

macrobomb

20 telecrystals

blow up with the force of a syndicate bomb when you die, albeit with a delay

macrobomb + syndicate sentience potion Cayenne

alright yea thats about it i donno waht else to say k have fun with the knowledge that you could probably just get from the wiki or somehting

1 Like

luminescent (flashlight) vision implant

eye implant

implant via surgery

lets you emit a cone of light from your eyes, like a flashlight, except you can change the color too

THIS MAKES YOU FUCKING BLIND TOO

you forgot the actual “light eyes” implant, not the cheap one, wich doesnt blind you
Xrays dont give you night vision, they are separate implants. Free flashlight i guess, or moth gimmick things.
Legion cores can be implanted to instantly get you up from critical or manual use, but they have to be stabilized beforehand, otherwise theyll rot.
Thruster implants are faster than mothwings, but arent nearly as fast a standard jetpack.
CNS rebooter is still useful in case of xenomorph infestations, shoving and and such.

combat arm implant

arm implant

implant via godly intervention

you get 4 options when you select the implant in the action menu

hard light energy coating | the energy sword icon: basically just a DEsword, exactly what it sounds like

delta wave resonator | the flash icon: literally a fucking hypnotic flash

medical beamgun | medical beamgun icon: yea exactly what it sounds like

electrically charged arm | circuit icon: in melee, basically just a stun baton, but in ranged, holy shit it’s fucking emperor palpatine force lightning

Make combat arm implant available for like 50 TC or something smh

Thank you Oga, very cool!

They’re gonna need to add a race with four arms, because I want all four of those on one character.

PORT :clap: THE :clap: EXTRA :clap: ARM :clap: TATOR :clap: ITEM

i wish to say general kenobi to people as i ignite 4 eswords.

First off… That’s a thing? The time I’ve heard multiple arms on a few races in a different server, but never an actual item.

Second, that sounds insanely expensive to make that. More importantly though… When can we put pAI into general griefous?

The last time I played on /tg/ it was - which, to be fair, was a long time ago. A 5/6 TC tot item that gave you an extra arm.

There was technically no limit, so as long as you had the TC for it you could keep buying more and more arms until they consumed your screen.

also soon. soon greiffous will rise with the help of a pAI companion.

May or may not be porting code that allows non-human shaped species to exist

Add 8 armed spider race.

Griefous will be crying when he sees a spider man wielding 4 DE swords.

Having multiple arms does seem tedious though. Did they have separate hotkeys to swap sets of arms, or did you have to click on them.

Were those buyable arms stealthy, or did everyone see them? Because having an extra arm isn’t a huge deal, unless it makes you immune to handcuffing. But then shitsec just beats you to death, so even that’s not great. Only real advantage is if you’re DE sword murderboning, but that’s expensive so…

Also, out of curiousity, why would you be porting a code for non human shaped races? Did you have something in mind, or is that just groundwork for if some one else wants to add something.

It was the same as regular arms - you can click, or just switch with the hotkey, as it scrolls through them. It basically just added one extra arm UI element above the other, and then again for a 2nd extra arm.

They were visible if you had an item in that hand, since it said something like ‘is holding X in their second left hand’ Other than that I don’t believe there was any icon change that indicated it.

Handcuffing made you unable to use your main hands, I think you could use the 3rd / 5th / etc hand though - like how only having one arm makes you immune to handcuffs.

I’m also not sure whether they’re even still around, or if they ever actually got out of the testmerge stage. It was very good for some things, and that might’ve been enough to say ‘nah, no extra arms thanks.’

inb4 powergamers go them for the smaller hitboxes

Sounds tedious. If they add extra arms, I’d hope for a hotkey to switch each set of hands.

Cool, stealth hands that are immune to handcuffing.

I’d be surprised if they added anything with a significantly smaller hitbox. And if they did have a smaller hitbox, it’d probably die to two laser bolts.

Nope no it doesn’t. Unless they fixed it or changed it but now it doesn’t.

Smaller hitboxes will be inversely proportional to damage recieved

(AKA small birb gets 3x brute)