Howluinb31153 Mentor APP Redux

Your CKEY: Howluinb

Your Discord: Howluinb31153#1759

How long have you been playing ss13?: For a fair bit of time, about two years.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: I would not be able to name anybody specific but I assume a few people would vouch for me

Game Experience (More Detailed): I’ve played on bee for quite a fair bit of time, hours below.

I have also about 700 hours living/100 hours ghost on fulp, and a bunch of hours on different codebases (50 living TG, 70 living eris, …)

I’ve dabbled into mostly every role, weakpoint being virology, although i can if needed code dive or wiki dive.

Various additional info (click to expand)

I am applying because while i retired on my own last time because I was annoyed that nobody used mhelp, I still feel a want to help people learn, share with them the info I have and the various techniques i’ve developped (I want to become a teacher IRL, and sharing knowledge is like, so cool to me)

I also want to just encourage people to use mhelp as often as they can and to not just ignore it. I want to be able to help answering any requests they might send as much as possible to avoid some of them being left ignored (As i’ve heard a few people say they don’t use mhelp because they felt their question would be too hard/too easy/they didn’t want to bother/it had already been ignored or left unanswered)

I believe this application may be rejected on the basis of me being banned from the discord, but I do believe it to not be a necessary factor in trying to help people improve at the game and gain more knowledge.

If I’m accepted (again), while my play schedule usually resembles a sin wave (hyperfocus non stop play for a few days/weeks, mostly no play for a few days/weeks), i’ll do my best to help and answer most of what i can and incite people to use this tool even more now than before.

2 Likes

while I don’t doubt your knowledge or intent I do have my worries from the fact you have caused drama and arguements multiple times on the forums so I’m staying at a neutral +0 for now until an admin or whatever throws their hat into the ring

4 Likes

That’s fair enough regarding arguments on the discord, which due to its faster pace and lesser ability to be wordy, caused me to struggle to control my emotions, however I do not believe i’ve caused drama on the forums ?
If anything, I’ve mostly tried to be very wordy so as to not end up misinterpreted and allow me to scrap the entire thing if it felt too dramatic/bad. While I participated in most of the heated debates lately, i never felt, personally, that i made personal attacks, created drama or caused annoying/boring arguments.

If anything, the ones that felt like it’d go a bit too far, i took it into dms with the person in question and have talked it out in a more sane manner without it feeling like a public attack.

Thank you for your input, tho. Whether this is denied or accepted, i’ll try to be more careful about how I approach people on the forums.

1 Like

Aren’t you currently banned from the discord?

Mentioned and explained in the uh collapsable thingy i forgot its name.

I am indeed banned from the discord, but I do not believe it would prevent me from sharing knowledge & info with other players on bee.

Can’t apply while you have an active ban I’m afraid.