Howluinb31153 Discord Ban Appeal

Discord ID: Howluinb31153#1759

Admin Discord ID: Crossedfall#1001

Ban Length: Perma

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/05/2022 US time

Ban Reason: frequent problem causer, literally asked to be banned while not even playing here anymore.

Appeal Reason: I got upset at Crossed’s decision over a member’s mute/ban and proceeded to argue over a completely minor detail for an entire hour - one which, ultimately, didn’t matter & didn’t need to be brought up to a such a stupid degree, under the argument that “it’s fine to argue at such length since i’m in the channel made for arguing”

After bringing up an argument along the line of “well if he’s banned, i should be banned too”, Crossed replied that he’ll ban me too then, I said “ok”, got banned.

While my feelings on that specific debacle haven’t really changed (I still feel alex’s ban was too harsh), they’ve changed on how I decided to argue about it while trying to defend him - and it wasn’t the first time I’d go overboard on something ultimately trivial.

While I could play theatrics and go “woe is me i was going through tough times made me act up i swear bro” - I really was just hot-tempered+stubborn and, while not actively looking for fights, still taking rage-baits way too easily or joining into others’ fights despite my opinion on the matter being unnecessary. It wasn’t enjoyable to interact with me at all in these moments, and I’d myself turn a blind eye on it & ignore comments from others telling me to stop because I’d always see myself as being “justified”.

That ain’t the case. There’s just much better ways to argue about something without having to be a bitch and a massive pain in the ass to everyone around me. There are much healthier ways to interact with others when disagreeing, and stubbornly carrying on a discussion much past its expiration date solely out of a perceived “need” to be “right” is unironically fucking stupid behavior.

For which, I apologize, sincerely, and which I believe to have made actual progress at improving, bettering, whatever word is used-ing. And while i can’t promise to not disagree on the staff on a particular decision, i can promise to approach it and discuss it in ways that won’t either drag on forever, or make everyone frustrated like hell. IE - stop being a bitch.

Also, bee’s cool, i still play bee on and off, and the community is fun. When I wasn’t being an argumentative ass, It was a lot of fun, and I wanna come back there to shitpost & talk with the people there about w/e or ss13.

Additional Information:

18 Likes

I wish you didn’t include the meme, as it undercuts a vast majority of your appeal and really just kind of irks me, to be honest.

I respect the fact that you probed me in-game to get the ban details when you saw that I was online. That at least shows some level of initiative and you were at least back in the game. But, you still have basically no recent playtime whatsoever. I’m not sure why you said you still play Bee on-and-off, since that’s pretty easy for me to fact check and see that you haven’t played Bee in any meaningful capacity since late May.

I’m not against lifting the ban, especially after some of our more recent interactions outside of Bee. But I need a better showing of good faith. Put in some more time on the server and then we can revisit this.

I wish you didn’t include the meme, as it undercuts a vast majority of your appeal and really just kind of irks me, to be honest.

I was hesitant to put it in either a quote or straight up, but I decided a bit of humor would not hurt much, as it is a pretty funny meme and does slightly fit the situation - guess I was wrong lmao, apologies. The rest of my appeal is genuine, tho, despite it

Because it is the case. I don’t log in every few days, if that’s how you interpret it-it’s more the typical scheme of “log in constantly for a month or two, leave for a few months, repeat”. Bee hasn’t been given up, and I’m feeling the need to restart playing ss13 all over again.

I wanted to ask for an unban at the same time as the ss13 playing wave starts, because hell - a bunch of the fun of ss13 for me comes from being able to talk about the round that just happened with friends and regulars, which isn’t really possible now. Community interaction really makes you want to jump in for “one more game”, i feel.

Also, late may ? I feel insane since I was genuinely thinking I had been playing ss13 throughout june, and my forum activity seems to corroborate it. I’ve posted a shitload on the forums back then, and I feel I spent quite a lot of time playing despite the discord ban, & my forum activity indicates i kept posting and interacting constantly throughout the entirety of june. like, i remember even getting ruko to code in a voice of god pr nerf, and i genuinely believe i put in a good amount of ss13 hours post ban.

I’m not calling you a liar on this, btw, i may be completely accidentally rewriting my own memory of those months (which is possible considering I have extremely terrible memory), but is there a possibility the byond checking tools are fucked?

I’m not against lifting the ban, especially after some of our more recent interactions outside of Bee. But I need a better showing of good faith. Put in some more time on the server and then we can revisit this.

Thank you. I’d still like for the appeal to be accepted now, as I still feel it’d both make me more invested into riding that wave of wanting to play ss13 & allow me to interact with the community again -
I feel the ban has lasted quite a long while now, and that I have genuinely changed my outlook quite a fair bit on how to not be a bitch - and “reask later” doesn’t indicate whatsoever how long “later” is. If I start playing with the idea in my mind that it’d all be towards working up an imaginary time counter for unban, it would completely suck ass and remove my want from getting really invested into the game.

I’ll still take it over a strong and direct “no”, mind you - but yeah. I’d like the chance to be given before I start to get deeply involved with the game, because bee’s community is fun, and I’d like to experience it again somewhat at the same time as i’m delving into the game.
Especially since there’s probably been a bunch of prs and changes i’m not up-to-date on.

I usually interpret those statements to mean a couple of weeks, maybe a month. Not several months.

Increasing the resolution, it’s more like late May & early June. You stopped showing up on the 10th (with the exception of a couple quick joins as an observer).

This is your general activity for the current year-to-date.

It’s sparse. Especially when we take 2021 into account.

The sparseness is fine. People grow out of SS13, find other server, or whatever else. I normally wouldn’t make a deal out of it. In this case though, I’m pointing it out since it’s an abnormality for you and is relevant to my point about not being active in the community anymore; despite all of the heated engagements you were getting into.

I’ll consider it over the next few days. Until then, I would advise making a good impression on the server.

2 Likes

Aaah that activity report is more accurate to what i remembered. Thank you for clarifying.

Got it, thank you !

I can vouch that Howl has put effort into increasing their consistency. From what I can gather they have played multiple rounds everyday for the past week, which if they keep up, should speak for their commitment going forward.

1 Like

I can vouch too, have seen Explodes-Herself-Alot plenty of times this week.

1 Like

Given it some time. No new notes, your recent forum activity has been fine, and you got some mentor vouches. I’ll accept the appeal and lift the ban.

4 Likes