Admin’s CKEY: Ro5490
Note Type: Yellow note
Note Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2023/05/07
Round ID: 43951
Ban Reason: Minor Over-Escalation - Went from non-harmful combat (shoving) to unarmed combat (punches) as the agressor in a situation between themselves and a janitor, where the janitor was trying to clean up graffiti from the hallways that Howluinb had placed. Very argumentative on the topic of them being the Aggressor in this instance. Under policy, the Agressor is the person who initiated conflict, I.E- the first shove, which in this case was given by Howluinb.
Appeal Reason: As already explained in the entire ticket, I do not believe this to be a clear cut and dry “over-escalation” worth noting in the first place, especially with harsh wording like this.
I would like the note removed, especially due to its yellow severity, as it is such a minor thing that I really don’t understand how we spent THIRTY minutes arguing over something that both parties (me and the janitor) were okay with in roleplay, and that was so minor and ambiguous it should not even have mattered.
Additional Information: Here’s how the encounter happened,
- I get turned into an oozeling by an admin after a prayer. I decided to go with a dumb gimmick of tagging “hate your gods/kill god” etc and try to launch an anti god movement. I spend like, five minutes tagging a bunch of words.
- Janitor arrives, whom I already met before. I proceed to immediately talk to them about how they shouldn’t clean because the gods are bad.
- Discussion IRP ensues where I try to convince them that my cause is just, ending with me trying to buy them off so as to not clean my tags.
- They proceed to activate a cleaner grenade in hand, MID TALK, which I believe makes them the instigator of the conflict. The entire conflict stems from them wanting to clean & my character who didn’t want his time to be wasted. Interrupting any discussion by unleashing a grenade which destroys most of what I spent my time doing clearly initiates a conflict between two people.
- I quickly shove them twice - once to make them trip, another to make them drop the grenade, at which point i grab it and throw it far away. I try again to tell them not to, and that I will retaliate (IC)
- They activate another one in hand, this time constantly shoving me back to prevent me from grabbing it. I did not even shove them at that moment. 70% of what I tagged gets destroyed.
- I tell them that I am mad, and that they better not clean the rest or I’ll start throwing punches. They proceed to go towards what’s left, and I say, again, “Clean this and I’ll punch you”. They start mopping it up, so I punch them thrice, let them leave, and throw a chair in front of them - not on them - and tell them to not come back or I’ll punch them again.
- They come back, chair in hand, trying to attack me, so I fight back with a chair too this time. I put them to crit, then bring them to medbay myself to get them healed.
I then get an ahelp asking me to explain the situation with the janitor, and thus lose 30 mins of my round trying to explain that, in context, it was not unreasonable, that depending on the PoV the instigator of the fight could be either me or them, and that I believe that I gave them ample warning and justified it several times in RP of the fact that I’d escalate to punching.
The janitor didn’t even seem upset by the encounter, as they proceeded to come back mid ticket to clean up the rest while i’m there, and go “much better mwah chef’s kiss”.
The entire ticket lasted 30 minutes, hence why I can see the “very argumentative”, but I felt completely justified to explain my pov and that it was not over-escalation, and that even if it was, it’d be so minor it was not worth even bwoinking over.