How to Security Officer (Fundamentals in Harmbatoning 101)

Space law is shitsec’s best friend
Reminder that electrifying a door is grand sabotage

well no its actually workplace hazard

Retard spotted

Bombing, arson, releasing viruses, deliberately exposing areas to space, physically destroying machinery or electrifying doors all count as Grand Sabotage.

yes that’s for INTENTIONALLY electrifying doors, at which point you are either an antag or a greytider (and deserver to be banned), accidental is workplace hazard.

Also, if you’re acting hos, you should never give up your items or power when asked by the real, late arrival HoS. If the real HoS dares take your HoS gear or demote you to regular sec, or both, stuncuff him, and accuse him of theft and attacking you when arrested for it. Remember, attacking someone with a bat to show them that it’s a weapon is A-OK, because as Sec, especially as ACTING HoS, you are always above the law, and should never be punished IC for your actions. Additionally, always punish to the maximum amount for the crime. If a guy shows up with a baseball bat and no prior convictions, he needs to be arrested for 3 minutes. Officers IRL never give warnings for crimes, so make sure always send everyone to jail for everything, so that people can get resentful and riot against sec, thus making it harder to find the real antags. This also means you can focus on important things, like the clown spraypainting the halls, instead of the guy blowing up med.

6 Likes

On this server people might not realize you’re being sarcastic.

1 Like

While I agree that sec and HoS shouldn’t be able to perform executions, when there is no cap, you are enemy of the corporation and you will be treated as such. For me, if such treatment results in your death, that should result in HoS talking with officer, and/or demoting him. You, as a confirmed enemy, have no laws, you can just rely on kindness of the crew you tried to fuck up.

If as sec you don’t break the Geneva convention on human rights you are not doing it right…
remember to pacify all the enemies of the corporation. maybe even implant them with a death mix grenade to ensure they cannot escape alive, unless captain says yes to the execution then you can just kill them outright.

1 Like

i personally like to think that im ok at security

6 Likes

Imagine permanently removing an antag from the round just because you’re an unga bunga good guy and they’re an unga bunga bad guy

What are some good races for security?

Here are what I think are the best:
Humans: no strengths, no weaknesses, 100% brute and burn.
Squid: strong grab and no slip. some weaknesses
Apid: 200% burn, but you can bodyslam into someone to stun, so that a 2nd officer may arrest them.

Not a fan of apid sec for their damage mods, though that tackle has some utility.

Lizardpeople: similar to humans in most respects, no huge weaknesses.

Felinids: -2 bang protection, so isn’t immune to flashbangs unless wearing earmuffs under their helmet. Flashbangs are nerfed and not too commonly used anyway so maybe still possible to be officer as.

Plasmamen: Takes additional brute/burn, not suited for combat.

IPCs: Also take additional brute/burn, unsuited.

Ethereal: Has some brute mod weakness iirc, not sure how much though.

Mothpeople: Worst race for security, they need their eyes surgically replaced in order to remove their flash weakness.

there’s no gravity how is someone going to step into the lava

3 Likes

Was looking forward to knowing how to be a good brig phys… but it’s no where to be found.

1 Like

tip #10: do not abuse your position

1 Like

Disagree.
First, you move faster.
Secondly, you are immune to poisons, N2O, etc.
Thirdly, you are easy to repair. Don’t need cloner or any surgery, just repair and reweld.

It’s good early game, before everyone gets their heavy gear, but later on you’re at a disadvantage.

Seems like IPCs would make great Brig Physicians rather then officers. Maybe warden too since you have the gear to make up for the damage penalty and that toolbox to conveniently heal yourself

1 Like

The IPC field revive is so fucking powerful, and the really simple healing. You can do surgery on yourself with a simple toolbox to insert useful implants, no toxin damage or disease, and also, apparantly you move faster I guess??? I’d say IPC is definately suited.

1 Like

i love brig phys but could never justify playing ipc, thank you

plasmanigs are the worst cops