How stingy are you with your telecrystals?

For me: I basically pretend that telecrystals dont exist, because we have no metaknowledge rules

Syndie bomb? Maxcap
Minibomb? Pot water grenade
Stechkin? I just mix up nitroglycerin and phogistion in a bluespace syringe, basically a better gun.
Poison kit? Chem Dispenser

There are just so many things i can substitute without telecrystals

Every time you use on-station means for destruction, your likelyhood of being caught rises a considerable amount.

All it takes is one person seeing you in a place or doing something shady and your cover is blown.

Balaclavas, hiding your id and a change of clothes help a lot with this.

I wear a gas mask all the time even when not antagging so that it gets normalized.

Agent ID + face covering = someone else gets blamed.

I will never waste TC on explosives.

You can set a chem lab in maints in under 5 minutes and mass produce meth grenades easily.
Hardest part is only getting charged powercells.

And oh boy meth grenades are awesome, especially on corg.

Need to kill someone? Just drop a bomb from above

Need to take down a powergaming xenobiologist? Just put a meth grenade in his autism fortress doors.

Also screwing up the armory on corg with bombs is the stealthiest thing you can do

1 Like

except explosive flashbulb, explosive flashbulb best explosive, only 1 tc

Only need that emag just because you get extra functions that cnt be accessed through normal means.

my usual loadout is storage implant + emag + whatever else I need, occasionally contractor too

im either going all out with a specific loadout
or compleatly forget to use them

I’ve hardly ever used crystals to actually kill people. They’re reserved for utility purposes and unique mechanics.

Compressor for miner, so I can carry all my things for once.
Emag for science and robotics, so I can make a cyborg army.
Brainwashing disk if I ever actually roll traitor when I play doctor.
Hypnoflash.
Constructs for chappy.
The knockoff hand teleporter is useful. The new shuttle probably is too.
Sleepy pen is fantastic.

I use all my TC. Usually these days its chameleon bowman (because cat) and desword. Unless I get a cool discount, or Iwanna do something funny.

Not stingy, usually get a fairly consistent loadout and then buy either what’s on sale or what I end up needing.

My usual setup is an emag, storage implant, syndicate radio key. Maybe a sleepy pen.

While I agree that in most circumstances there are better alternatives, like the meth grenades you mentioned. I do still think that both C4 and the Syndicate Minibomb have some merit to them if you need to adapt your plan on the fly.

The Minibomb is good if your plans have fallen through and you need to make sure that someone on the shuttle doesn’t make it out alive.

C4 is good if you either can’t get the setup to make better explosives, or if you need to quickly adapt your plan due to something interfering, say an AI bolting you in somewhere and you have no time to bust out before sec will be on top of you. Being able to punch a hole into a wall or sabotage station infrastructure with effectively no collateral damage in a short amount of time is absolutely worth the 1 TC in my opinion.

I don’t use telecrystals as antag; I use the admin game panel instead.

14 Likes

Bro??? Imagine not using the debug chem grenade maker to make your maxcaps???

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.