Horrible Captain with the worst decision skills

In-game report: Wrill

CKEY: Corona_Cat

Your Discord: corona_cat

Offender’s CKEY: Wrill

Offender’s In-Game Name: Gage Simple(or Kimple, don’t remember)

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11-28-2022

Round Number: 41538

Rules Broken: Space law and defending an antag even though not an antag themselves, arresting an officer for no reason and put the charge as “insubordination” when didn’t disobey their order

Incident Description: The were captain, security got a traitor who broke into high security area, stole lethals, then killed a head. The captain gave them 15 minutes in the brig. When the warden asked “why don’t we execute the obvious traitor”, the captain had the Brig Physician do brain surgery on the warden
When we suggested we do brain surgery on THE PERSON WE KNOW IS A TRAITOR, he said “no”. When I told him that cooperating with a traitor is punishable by either execution or demotion. He took this as a threat for some ungodly reason and arrested me. When he gave me a charge, he said “uhhh insubordination” like please you can arrest me but do it for a crime I commit ATLEAST.

Additional Information: We had two cases that both confirmed that the traitor was a traitor. Captain does not care.
Personally I believe that the captain should be arrested if he commits a crime.

Okay, looks like both you and the Warden need to read up on Bee’s version of Space Law.
First of all, a death penalty can ONLY happen with the approval of the Captain/Acting Captain or a trial. And ONLY if that person has committed any of the crimes in this category.

From what you’re describing, the traitor in question has commited 301, Murder. This isn’t a capital crime and as such, does NOT warrant execution.

Same goes for High Conspiracy. It’s not a capital crime so it does NOT warrant execution. The ‘demotion’ part is up to the Captain/Relevant department head/HoP.

5 Likes

Traitor isn’t capital, I will never execute a traitor for being a traitor.

you said something along the lines of “You should be executed” which I took as a threat, yes.

6 Likes

Sorry if the formatting is wonky I am on my phone.

My interpretation of Space law is that Traitors who have not committed any crimes other than simply being a traitor fall under the Hostile Agent status. And should definitely not be executed, as you said you should never execute a traitor for just being a traitor.

However…
Traitors who perform any significant crimes such as murder for example, on top of being a hostile agent, get their criminal status upgraded from Hostile Agent to Enemy of the Corporation, and are capital offenders which means they are valid for execution or whatever the Captain wants to do with them. This is how I’ve always interpreted it and I’ve never gotten an issue with the staff.

All this being said, Captain for this round does sound a bit out of line

Oh my god I said that according to space law, if you assist a traitor then you can either be executed or demoted (because I wasn’t 100% sure) I have told you this so many times but you do not care.

Aren’t traitors enemies of NT? Isn’t that why they are called traitors?

Worst thing is that the captain is a mentor, so he should know he can’t just arrest an officer for an invalid charge. If he arrested me for a reason (which he didn’t have), I’d be more okay with my arrest.

I regret to inform you that EOTC requires a trial for anyone who was on the manifest at any time.

2 Likes

Yep

no

EOTC is not automatically applied if a hostile agent commits any crime.

4 Likes

I did not say any crime, I said any significant crime, such as murder.

My mistake on that typo, but yeah, no, EOTC isn’t applied for capital either. It’s only applied to: Nukies, changelings, cults etc, it can only be applied to anyone on the manifest if a trial is held.

1 Like

believe it or not, being a mentor does not make me experienced in every job.
Also, people make mistakes from time to time.

being a traitor on its own is a seperate crime

it should also be noted that murder isn’t a capital crime unless you try to prevent revival

4 Likes

For the description of EOTC:
“Membership of the syndicate with no actual actions should be charged under code 205.”

From this description, one can infer that a syndicate agent who does take action may be charged with EOTC. The language is not specific in only stating Nukies.

1 Like

I thought the warden seemed a little obsessed with killing laura, so I asked the brig phys to do brain surgery and confirm my suspicions.

my character believed that “experiments” on unwilling prisoners is immoral.

ok which rule is this

I didn’t give anyone any timers, I was not sec, I only refused an execution about half a million times.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll say, I’ve run into afew murderous and craftily treacherous Tators before, the tator described is PRIME perma brig material.

He’s a Hostile Agent that MURDERED someone so that turns into Murder and Hostile activity

And he probably had a fair amount of Dangerous contraband if he was able to murder.

Counted all togeather, thats Murder (15min) Hostile agent (Lenient, 10min) and Contraband (Lenient, 10 min) totalling a whopping 35 minutes with lenient sentencing, Some rounds don’t even LAST that long at which point nobody is going to bat an eye if you put him in perma.

You can also give him the Ol’ Hostile agent Retirement contract, which offers the following:

• Perma sentence
  • Borging
  • Voluntary execution

Just make sure you give them the ability to check a box, use of the “sign” paper function, have witnesses for the signing and talk with the captain for the ladder two options.

Counted all togeather, thats Murder (15min) Hostile agent (Lenient, 10min) and Contraband (Lenient, 10 min) totalling a whopping 35 minutes with lenient sentencing, Some rounds don’t even LAST that long at which point nobody is going to bat an eye if you put him in perma.

Capture

If you assign people 35 minute timers, it will be a matter of when, not if, you will get bwoinked.

you dont stack charges, you just sentence which ever is highest

6 Likes

You believe that experiments and surgery on unwilling traitors is immoral but not doing surgery on the warden who you had no proof on… Yeah

I hate your bones but I agree with you here (jk i don’t hate you that much)