Holoparasites are fucking op LMAO

How is the anology bad if it literally does what he says and you brought up the desword.

Same TC cost. One is counterable by alot of ways, the other is a 3 in 1 repeatable pull, stun and disarm move. While also being able to punch the target.

A desword can literally be fucked by an emptied out fire extinquisher, it really isn’t as good as you and some other people might think.

3 Likes

Well, my reasoning For the holoparasites as being okay was wrong, but I did not know they chain stun you before. Like the things are way too multi functional, I am having a hard time making arguments as I didn’t use new holopara yet. I am taking too many suggestions and giving my own statement and thoughts, I feel that the de-sword can be well used if you know what you are doing, if you ain for specific limbs and know the ins and oits of your target you can be really good with it and succeed. The holoparasite’s only balance is the point system, but I feel like it needs to really limit you. In the demonstration you could buy an ability and 3 maxed stats. That is bustes. Increasing ability costs and making players choose an ooga-booga puncher or a utility yet weak stand would improve the balance. Just remove stunning and make it a PUNCH ghost, not hold you against a wall and beat the living sh*t while you can’t do anything ghost.

DE sword requires planning of some sort. You cannot run if he is a God with a bind for each of your limbs and now you have none. DE sword CAN be used with skill, holoparasite can, but doesn’t require you with the stun. It’s literally like miner bone sawing a sleeping person to death, they can’t do shit, and if they have it from another guy, they get it without a challenge. DE sword can be broken, but to be broken, you have to be robust and know when to shove, and when to go apeshit. It can be mastered, just like any weapon, but holopara gives you high reward with low effort and risk.

Yeah I agree. A holoparasite shouldn’t be so powerful if it doesn’t require as much skill.

1 Like

i think the balance for holoparasites is that you cant choose who will be the guardian. if you get lucky and get someone good you can steamroll people. but a bad holoparasite can be a downright detriment

5 Likes

Shieeet, lot like BB when you put it that way

Good luck getting a greentext as a BB when your blood brother is a wannabe greytider who can’t even hack doors
Good luck getting a greentext as tator when your holopara decides to deploy in the middle of the primary hallway because the clown slipped you and stole your shoes

If you die you also get dusted, but I haven’t tried the new holoparsite system yet

<span class = narsie>

WRONG!

That was changed. You no longer get dusted.

excuse me what
20charactergang

It takes very little skill on the traitor’s part, but much like Oliva said, you are at the absolute mercy of whoever accepted the holopara call. Holoparasites can be a huge liability if you get one that’s trigger happy or just not good at teamwork/completely inexperienced

Additionally, we could let the holopara choose which type it wants to be so the player who accepts holo can play the supporting role of their choice

2 Likes

be me
doctor
try to get healing holoparasite for obvious reasons
holo picks fucking ranged

At the very least it should tell players wanting to be the Holopara what kind they’re getting (because fuck toy holo-injectors)

7 Likes

Didn’t the new pr remove toy injectors?

It removed toy as an option from the ones that give you options, but I’m pretty sure the actual toy ones still exist

From a lore/RP standpoint, it’s like, 50/50 in sense.

Guardian deck (as in, wiz holopara) has you drawing from a deck of cards, so it’d make sense if you actually got granted one at random from luck/choice of the guardian wanting to be yours rather than “hehe me pull card- oh just what i wanted UwU”

Holoparasites are… parasites. They need life energy to sustain themselves. So it’d make sense if they are whichever strain of the parasite they want to be. kinda.

Balance wise; it’s awful.

The fuckin’ holopara would be the master. He’d choose how to pull out whatever he wants. It could be a 18TC waste for the antag in question.

1 Like

I still argue it could already be an 18tc waste for the antag due to how incompetent some can be, but I do think the compromise is to send an alert for what kind it is when polling ghosts

Not just for the sake of toy parasites, but also so you don’t get someone who just wants to murder as a support parasite or vice versa

1 Like

Cringe

KNOWING the type of holopara you’d be? sure

CHOOSING the type of holopara? I’d say no.

That’s all tbh. And yes it could be a waste if the holopara is incompetent but that’s the fun of RNG and an item requiring other people

Well, since this is quite customable system with the holoparasites creation, why don’t we make it similar to the PAIs? You set one, it carries over. You make a choice from those eho set it up and are ghosts.It allows the guy to have someone with some level of knowledge without putting a lot himself. Of course, if he really wants to, possibility of creating custom one should be retained.