Heretic Buff: More Stealth or More Power? [Poll]

It requires four stun baton hits to down you if you’re wearing heretic armour. It requires ten disabler shots to down you, too.

I’m not saying security can’t catch you if you’re wearing heretics armour, I’m saying if you do get caught it’s purely your fault.

It isn’t the game’s fault if you get caught while wearing armour that basically gives you 400 health, robust healing items, and the ability to teleport.

1 Like

For reference it takes three stun baton hits to down you with no armour (2 does work but it takes a bit of time, similarly 3 works on an armoured heretic but takes a bit of time), and I just tried it and it took 7 disabler shots to down you vs 4 with no armour.

Also it’s only 200 health essentially because once you are in crit you are finished anyway. The “teleport” works nicely in maintenance but in most rooms it fails spectacularly due to its laughable range (one of the reasons I want to see the path of void, which has a couple much nicer teleportation abilities).

The healing is 2/tick, which isn’t bad (slightly better than a Bicaridine pill if you’ve only taken brute), but is consumed at 1 unit/tick so you might as well just go to medbay before you start killing and steal a bag of brute patches. And this still is not anywhere near enough to, say, let you trade blows with two people.

played heretics and became ascended, it ain’t that rewarding tbh.

2 Likes

My bad, if you hit them three times they’ll fall after some time. I’m aware you fall into crit after 200 damage, but if you’re downing heresy water, you can heal out of crit.

Heretic isn’t an underpowered antagonist, you just need to murder people. Call it murderbone, but you need the bodies.

You shouldn’t be allowed to live all because you’re a heretic. Sometimes you lose. But if you were a traitor and died, you should’ve also died as a heretic.

it aint about ascending its about doing your objectives… but ascending as flesh is the cool one.

The objectives should be re-worked IMO. Every game there’s like one guy who actually does their objectives and it’s usually by accident. Hijack should be included for all heretics.

Do that > Get antag banned by admin who thinks heretic is meant to be stealth antag and sees you murdering anyone BUT your target.

I personally would like to see the path of void ported from tg/, it is another option for stealth.

Void path is superior and puts ash to shame. It has everything stealth ash would need: invisiblity, decent teleports and a silence.

The target thing is really what distinguishes heretic from changeling, lings can get dna from anywhere and only have 1 target, much more manageable than 6.

Id remove the other goals like steal capns lazar from heretic.

Still, realities are a problem that need to be fixed.

Removing the ability for silicons to see them would probably be the best thing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.