Heretic blade sacrifice is awful if you are unlucky

Okay so allow me to explain what happened to me.

I was going loud as heretic. Fighting off people until I had to use the blade sacrifice to teleport.

Awful luck. I get the equivalent of a nat 1 and get transported in the middle of the damn AI satellite. “It’s okay” I tell myself as I get shot by the turrets. After a few second, I use another blade I stockpiled just in case of such incident.

Now surprise surprise, I get teleported inside the sat AGAIN, even closer to the AI. Screaming at myself for being so unlucky, I finally use my last blade which… guess what? Teleports me EVEN CLOSER to the AI, 8 tiles up from where I WAS !!

We could say this is just a minor incident that happens rarely, but no, it isn’t, that’s the worst part. Just the day before, as heretic with the rust path, I got teleport 3 times during the round in the bridge airlock passage. several other times in the bridge area like E.V.A room.

Is there anyway to make sure this doesn’t happen? You already sacrifice a blade, and it’s not worth it if it puts you in such dangerous places.

3 Likes

If you do not agree with the acts of R-n-Jesus, do not invoke their aid.

It’s an act of desperation to break your blade, not a get out of jail card.

7 Likes

I don’t mind not being in the safest of place. I don’t mind the devilish holy entity that is RNJesus sending me in the middle of command.

I just find it silly that it can happen three times in a row.

The Random lawd above is a silly thing.

2 Likes

Maybe the random formula is flawed.

Maybe it has a max range in which it can randomly safely place you, which would cause someone to repeatedly be dropped into the AI sat if they’re either in it or near it.

Everyone agrees we need to rework heretics, that’s why we have a PR for it

4 Likes

“Everyone agrees” No
Heretic needs tweaks and improvements, not a total revamp.
Stop shilling your PR lol

it’s not even their PR

2 Likes

Since I can’t edit anymore without it being weird,
“Stop shilling their PR lol”

Something wrong with my PR?

2 Likes

I’m all for reworking our game modes, especially the heretic, which is a bit murderboney. But is this not a space dragon situation aka porting gamer balancing from TG to bee, to the detriment of RP?
I read through the PR changes and don’t see anything inherently wrong, but I didn’t see anything wrong with the space dragon PR either until it just got merged.

1 Like

That’s why I’m asking for a testmerge or two before a full merge. There’s obviously issues I can’t find out while testing on local.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.