CKEY: TytoAlba

Your Discord: T̴͗͑Y̷͛̃T̵̆͠O̶̊#5943

Offender’s CKEY: HelloMate

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 10-5-22

Round Number: 40718

Rules Broken (if relevant): N/A

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): Ticket Conduct

Incident Description: As a medi-borg with the Crew-simov lawset. I was assisting surgery, when someone ran in, and started shooting at a crewmember, evolving into a fight between the crew, The attacker was winning this fight and at this point had severely injured multiple crew members. I had attempted to flash them multiple times with no success, then i tired pulling them away, which they just broke out of repeatedly, I genuinely believed that though my inaction, it would have caused signifcantly more harm, so i ended up bringing the attacker into critical condition, which i had every intention of fixing, until the HoP murdered them with a shotgun, which i yelled at them for. Nonetheless, i received an admin PM for this event, I explained that, my laws said that i cannot allow crew to come to harm through inaction, and to my knowledge, there wasnt much else i could have done to prevent them other than to incapacitate them. I was told that harming crew is never allowed, even to prevent more harm than i would have caused, and this i can understand and can agree with, but i genuinely had no idea what else there was to do about it, so i had asked them for any alternatives i could have done instead of that, in which they told me to ask someone else on the forums or discord. After the PM was closed, i was still left confused because id be breaking my laws by not acting, but i seemingly broke them by acting aswell, and i wasnt given any clarification or explanation beyond “You cant do that”

Additional Information: The note that i was given, has completely inaccurate information. I was not Asimov lawset for one, And i do not see how it was in any way valid-hunting since i was not chasing after them, or even looking for them in the first place, they simply ran into surgery and started shooting at someone next to me and i attempted my best to prevent it. The note also mentions that the person was a Human, which, to my knowledge when i had seen them earlier, they were a lizard, although that could have changed at some point. This note really does not at all portray what happened; and it also heavily implies that they did not do a proper investigation, if they didnt even know my lawset. I will also be making an appeal for this note because of its misleading content

Please wait for round end to post reports on the forum.

The round has been over for a while now? It was the previous round, not the current one

1 Like

It was last round, server restarted.

Fair enough, you were on crewsimov and they weren’t human (they were just a crewmember). I made a mistake while writing the note.
however, the result is the same

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Silicon_policy#Asimov/Crewsimov/Similar_Lawsets
I explained this to you three times.

(headmin who deals with this report can show the full logs of the interaction)

yeah, note should be changed to something along the lines of:

As crewsimov attacked a crewmember until they got to crit etc

My bad :sweat_smile:

PS: I’m open to the possibility that my use of “validhunt” was too liberal, but i’d need to check the attack logs again to see if you followed them around, i don’t remember right now :grimacing:

3 Likes

How did they violate ticket conduct exactly?

Linking this reply on your note appeal which also fits in here since this is the same event.

I had asked them for any advice on the situation, or what i can do next time, and they simply told me to ask someone else, which i found rude and condescending, To my understanding these pms should be helpful, this felt more like scolding than actual helpful advice on how to improve next time, which i had asked for and was refused. Also from the way that Howluinb spoke in OOC, it seems like they weren’t notified that the ahelp was being investigated

That wasn’t how i phrased the reply, i’m sorry you felt that i was being rude, it was not my intention :grimacing:
It’s just that the round was delayed, and i was dealing with other tickets. I tried to explain the situation as well as i could in the time-frame i had.

Also, giving specific advice like this (“what else should have i done to stop the antagonist” was your question) is hard, since i didn’t witness it directly. I was relying on logs for most of the investigation.
This is why i asked you to ask again on discord and forums.

Yes, howl didn’t ahelp this when it happened.
Only after i already initiated the ticket with you (maybe even ended, don’t remember right now) Howl ahelped.

At the time two people (other than howl) helped about your behaviour.

I was the cap during this round and at this point dead and happened to observe the whole thing. Ill give more details about/clarify some things that you got wrong.

This was the traitor of the round, (who happened to kill me, but thats not important) namely Explodes, the bee-lizard. They went up there, announced that they have done the deed and proceeded to shoot death bees at the HoP and CMO who were both in stasis room.

It is, just not on crewsimov.

It wasnt in surgery, it was medical entrance, the stasis room and they didnt just start shooting. That was only the follow-up for their gimmick RP.

This was actually because we told them that we already ahelped, we the “two people (other than howl)” so they choose not to.

And the whole fight was something like a 4-on-1, they would have won even without you sawing them to crit.

Your phrasing of “he shot at cmo and hop in stasis room” leaves out the detail it was 5 minutes before i entered the surgery room the borg was in, and that from the moment i came out as a villain, the borg hadnt seen me til my entry in surgery.
I never shot or attacked anyone near the borg until after it followed me while flashing me constantly because i tried to loot the captain and then fled.

Also, trust me, i had a good chance to win that fight. I had bottles of clf3 ready to throw at the TWO people trying to attack me (one sec off and hop, the det was on my side, the miner didnt have weapons out), a beenade and bees full of fentanyl which takes a short amount of time to stun. It was far from a done deal.

Reexplaining solely to avoid the creation of the point “he was about to be critted anyway so i crit him first to lessen damage”

Plus, he could have definitely done 20 bazillion different things to stop harm or reduce it, but didnt, because valid.

I get that it sucks you got killed as an antag but i don’t believe his intentions here were to spend his round removing valids, you’re assuming that he saw you and thought oh boy time to go murder

Regardless, I’m sure thay the logs will show more of what happened, everyone could soend forever arguing about what did and did not happen and what the intentions really were but none of it will change what the logs say

Edit cause i realized i let myself get sucked into this too: i believe this report is about HelloMate’s conduct in the ticket and hownit was handled, not about how the bwoink was unfair anyway but i could be misinterpretting it

Feel free to correct me @TytoAlba

1 Like

The problem with logs is that they do not reflect the map.
Which is important, because, again, it reveals the borg could have genuinely just bolted the airlocks as everyone was slipped. Along with how they stood by immobile, doing nothing while HoP shotgunned me thrice.
However, they should reveal that during a 1min timeframe, borg gave me one oral warning, proceeded to flash me constantly, then immediately went to sawing until crit, then saying the phrase i mentioned before.

I will leave this whole topic with this, I do not think further clarification is needed tbh

Alrighty so I’ve looked into the logs and into the situation and overall I agree that the note was a bit misworded. The note ultimately was valid, you are under no circumstances allowed to harm a crewmember on crewsimov.

The mistake of hello accidently miswording your note to say asimov instead of crewsimov already got fixed in your note appeal. Mistakes like these are human and there’s nothing else to be said about this report otherwise.

Thank you for the report though!