Hangyu wants to repent and become Admin

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Brother_Hangyul, no alts.

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Hangy#5040, no alts.

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): About 2-4 hours a day, GMT.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Actually looking at player reports, no matter the cost to my sanity.

How old are you?: 21.

Why do you want to be an admin?: Mainly to resolve player reports and help make Bee even a little better for people.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I’m gonna say a year now.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since 2019 (264 hours)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 6

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Discord mod once.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No.

Your strengths: I’m more than willing to sacrifice my sleep and sanity to ensure that people are heard and that tickets are dealt with. I genuinely want nothing but for Beestation to be better.

Your weaknesses: I can get pretty angry ngl.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Being accused of things I’ve never done.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience.

What makes a staff team good?: Coordination, clear communication and courtesy.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep a community safe from toxicity and to ensure that it stays alive in the long run.

What kind of player are you?: A security player.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Definitely gonna stop playing as much security, gonna observe more.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

I am the only admin: The clown is allowed pranks; if it’s his first time, allow it. Multiple previous notes might warrant another note or a short job-ban. Bwoinks should be polite and reference the rules. Respawn the gun at the HOS’s locker, maybe do a CC message saying that it was brought back.

There are other admins: As a security main, it’s a conflict of interest. Give the ticket to somebody else; I can be biased.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

Ajail, check his hours and notes. Low hours means a perma-ban with the standard “Appeal on forums if you are not a griefer” note. If he has more hours but notes of minor grief, engineering ban and long server ban. If he has more hours and less notes, moderate server ban. If it was an accident, they’re free to appeal it; I’ll check logs regardless to see if it was an accident.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Literally nothing. People make mistakes. Bwoink him with the Guide to Chemistry wiki page and tell him not to give up.

Side-Note:

I see my bans. I understand I’ve done wrong, and I know I’m by no means the best candidate. Even considering this is generous; if you are reading this part, I’d like to let you know that I apply because I want the best for Beestation. I’ve seen so many valid player reports be reduced to ash because admins were busy; I’d like to resolve them and start making the forums a better place for everyone. Let me atone for my wrongdoings by letting others be heard.

1: MRP. An assistant breaks into chemistry no less than 4 times. The fourth time around, tired of arresting him over and over, sec permabrigs him. The assistant ahelps that he was permabrigged for tresspass. What do you do?

2: LRP. Two new players connect. Both join as miners and go out mining together silently. What, if anything, do you do?

3: MRP. A felinid mime called “UwU” joins and heads to the bar. The bartender refuses to serve them as they are very annoying. The mime gets annoyed and starts throwing stools, before being beanbagged and flushed down disposals by the barman. The mime returns, tablehops, bops the barman with a whiskey bottle and sets him on fire. The bartender then crits the mime. Any rules broken?

1. Firstly, correct him. He was arrested for Breaking and Entering rather than trespass (or so I assume). Now, here’s an interesting extract from the Beestation Wiki, article Space Law.

If a convict reoffends after being released they may receive a harsher punishment. Depending on the severity of the crimes committed after the third, or even second, strike their sentence may be increased to Permanent Imprisonment.

Breaking and Entering is listed as a Medium Crime; I’d say that a fourth time would warrant a permanent sentence. I’d maybe bwoink the HOS/Warden telling them to maybe be a bit less harsh, but they’ve not really done that much wrong. If the assistant was trying to make dangerous chemicals or stealing supplies, the permanent sentence would definitely be warranted; no bwoink saying “be less harsh.”.

1. Nothing. If they are metafriends, I see no issue with them mining together. These are the rules on (LRP) Metacomms.

Using outside sources of information/software on the round to gain an advantage over players is not tolerated.

There is no advantage, only friends. No action is taken.

1. Firstly, bwoink the mime telling them to change their name. Definitely a bad name; forcibly change it if required and apply an appearance ban if the issue consists. I’m gonna reference the escalation policy now. The Mime has begun attacking with weapons (Stools), though I assume that the intent was escalation policy step three rather than four. The Bartender has every right to fire back, which he does. The mime then attempts to kill him with a bottle and sets him on fire; the bartender once more has every right to crit the mime. Killing the mime might earn him a note AT MOST, but this genuinely just seems like the bartender was defending himself. Definitely slam a note onto the mime for starting uneeded conflict / overescelation.

Hangy. You can’t handle responsibility of security and command roles very well, you fly into a frothing rage almost every time you play one.

How are you going to keep cool as an admin?

7 Likes

Knowing that I’m no longer doing this for myself, but for the server.

Also, I’ve been less rage-y as security lately imo.

Honestly though, it’s probably the actual staff team. If there’s one thing I don’t do is backstab; I swear that I will do my best to better the staff team as a whole, because that is all I want now. To be a benefit to the server rather than a detriment. My problem before was refusing to acknowledge my own mistakes; I’ve come to terms with what I’ve done and how I can better myself. You are free to judge me for what I have done, but I believe actions speak better than words. I will hopefully prove myself as a trialmin should I be accepted.

Other than that, you have my word. Whether you believe it or not is a different discussion.

I’m hopping on as HOP now, you can watch me if you want proof.

What? Why?
20 gang 20gang

I believe there are rules about fitting / realistic names.

UwU is not at all a fitting name for a mime. Something like “UwU’s Silently” would be better.

Also also; I swear names like “Chad Thundercock” and “UwU what’s this” are banned?

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Round is nearly over, I hope I’ve helped influence you, Ravellon.

Clowns and mimes don’t need to use realistic names and I don’t think they have to be “fitting”.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for your input. I believed that any UwU-esque names were banned, I’ll be sure not to make the mistake in future.

This.

Absolutely not janny material.

Clowns and mimes can have meme names, which do not break other rules like ERP. Stealing the HoS gun do be self antag, even for the clown. And while I banned them two or three times for shitsec, I do actually see an improvement in behaviour.

I am going to stay at 0 for now.

According to BigBrain:TM: you banned me twice.

Gonna put some things that I put on discord that essentially condense my intention here:

That’s why I wanna do them
so nobody else has to
(Does-The-Crime):And what makes you special
nothing
reports aren’t special
(Does-The-Crime):Are you not gonna get burned out
I will, but it’s worth it
if I make bee even a fraction of a percent better
I’ve been a bad person
I just wanna pay the admins back

There are other admins: As a security main, it’s a conflict of interest. Give the ticket to somebody else; I can be biased.

what the fuck man
what’s the point of being a jannie if you cant put away your secman bias

2 Likes

While I won’t say that the ban/note history you have is an absolute no go. An active probationary period of extended length may be worthwhile.

Taking up a mentor role is also an ideal stepping stone to prove you can maintain composure and act in a manner becoming of staff.

That is all I have to contribute on my own view of this.

-DatBoiTim

He tried to become a mentor about a month ago.

I do agree that him becoming a mentor first would probably do him well.

If that didn’t parse he may have no choice aside from an active probationary period.

But yeah, I think baby steps is the way to go if he wants to be adminned.