Haliris admin report (ruling disagreement)

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Rukofamicom

Your Discord: Ruko#7940

Offender’s CKEY: Babylon1

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): Chandler Sullivan

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02-08-2023

Round Number: 42616

Rules Broken (if relevant): Player broke rule 7

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): No conduct was violated, this is simply a disagreement with the punishment given. This is not a report so much as following expected procedures to disagree with this.

If something must be taken from admin conduct, I suppose it would be this:

• All refusals to follow rules, regardless of reasoning, should be met with an immediate permanent ban

Though I have no way of knowing if this actually occurred or not and mostly just want special consideration given the gravity of the offense.

Incident Description: Haliris was responding to an an @adminhelp ping on discord very late into the night in their timezone and I believe the player’s conduct warrants closer inspection than Haliris was capable of doing at the time (And still thank him very much for taking the action he did). I believe the player’s toxicity and general behavior, in combination with their past history more than warranted an escalation to a full permanent ban. While I could not see the ahelp itself, the way the player was salting about the bwoink in dchat leads me to believe they were wholly unrepentant for their actions and very likely to repeat them in the future when the current ban expires.

Player quotes from the round in question (42616):

DEAD: Chandler Sullivan says, “no wonder your parents wish you commited suicide kurt xD”
DEAD: Chandler Sullivan says, “your parents literally want to post birth abort you”
DEAD: Chandler Sullivan says, “men people like you really taught me that some people should commit suicide”

DEAD: Chandler Sullivan says, “you can tell people to commit suicide if they deserve it, no rules against it”

Additional information: Not directly related to the report that is technically against Haliris, but I believe these excerpts from an open player report on Babylon1 help drive home that this is not a player worth keeping around until they can at least admit fault for their actions:

Round ID: 42576

Round ID: 42615

13 Likes

I still cant believe he isnt permabanned after all the toxicity, no rp and just doing autism fort in xeno. Dont you dare go to xeno when he is there. 0/10 wont deliver mail again

5 Likes

Player finally got permabanned, time to lock this up!

1 Like

Yeah, with the processing of the open player report, there is no point in reviewing this instance since I don’t believe Haliris actually did anything wrong.

From what I can tell here this wasn’t really a case of misconduct or any admin conduct broken. Haliris probably just wasn’t harsh enough which ultimately did not matter as the person got permabanned afterwards anyways.

Apologies for letting this sit for this long though.