[Halinder] Player Report

CKEY: Fronsis

Your Discord: -

Offender’s CKEY: Halinder

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Vehicle

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06/26/2021

Round Number: 30820

Rules Broken: R2 No Metagaming (Or some sort of this)

Incident Description:

A team of Incursionist managed to subverse the AI and Borg with a Law 0.
I answer to a call of help from the Captain who got killed by an Unknown on his own office.
I turn on my pinpointer and go where the Captain was trapped on space: a 3x3 solid walls with a locker inside in the middle of space, the borg Vehicle that was helping me deconstruct the walls.
The borg in question proceeds to stun me with the emagged stun-arm that the engi borgs have, i end up dying but managed to call ‘‘AI/Vehicle MALF!!’’.

On dead chat the borg Vehicle starts shouting to the AI to blow him up so it could gib me and the captain, and making it pass as ‘‘borg was emagged situation under control he got detonated’’

Now we were all dead, plan was a success, the thing is that immediatly after he died some posi-brains were turned on, therefore all ghosts got the notification to enter, immediatly Vehicle was back on the game(emagged since law 0) doing a… questionable act of how he’s back operational or something along the lines.

Not many minutes passed that Vehicle was once again in space, checking if there’s any remaining of us to be clonned (both our heads were launched into different solars) this was on the far north of space outside Captain office/Security area in Pubby, it was like… one of the very first things he did on the first 10 minutes of being back alive.

He continued later on to say some questionable stuff on binary chat that implied knowledge of the previous life like ‘‘oh now we can do the explosion trick! oh right of course i never did that before!’’ and phrases similar to that.

Additional Information:

This most likely will need a log-dive into what he said to evaluate the situation much better, in my eyes
a malf borg can return to the round even as a fresh posibrain, the thing is that needs to be done properly, not referencing past lives with no subtle and playing very dumb, there’s a limit on dumb one can play and it seems like the accused player wasn’t taking it and prioritized continuing with a ‘‘getting the win’’ mind set. Makes me compare it to how some players used the different ghost roles to get back into action immediatly after the moment they died (which is why they now have a cooldown before you can respawn)

Since there were two or three extra scenarios where he suggested doing the ‘‘blow up trick’’ alongside some other questionable comments a chat log will help this a lot.

As a final note, i don’t think this particullary qualifies as the standard PowerGame so i had to ask around to be sure, if it’s something else please correct me, but in the end of the day feel like i needed to report this since it felt waay off for a mrp behaviour.

• first part is just context, no big issue w/ that, not really anything to contend. i usually try to incorporate exploding myself into most rogue borg plans.
  • i was actually trying to rush game prefs after i got posibrain to adjust my name to Tesseract (I typed in Tesserect, oof) but got put in the borg too quickly. I didn’t say I was ‘back operational’, I told everyone aloud that I was uploaded recently so that folks got the picture that I was a fresh posibrain with a new life and no memories
  • AI told me explicitly that there were bodies to scatter in space north of sec. If I was metagaming, I would have told the AI that you were fully gibbed and there was nothing for me to make irrecoverable. EDIT: to clarify this, i mean that i wouldn’t have gone up there to begin with to confirm.
  • the explosion thing was a genuine slip and i immediately corrected it
  • also this was already ahelped and an admin talked to me to clear it up

extra edits because i’m re-reading this and it feels like the quotation part about the emagging is also accusatory. i don’t see what’s metagaming about trying to pass myself as an individual rogue cyborg to take heat off the AI and ultimately the incursion team

extra extra edits because i don’t know when to quit. a lot of this just feels like you didn’t like my chipper tune.

should prolly ping @Inithis since they were the one that messaged me. i assume what happened is fronsis sent this as an ahelp, inithis looked at it, went something along the lines of “ehhh make a report i’m not sure”

I mean… Its an ai. It literally remembers everything, storing info n shiet in the ai. The ai didnt change, so is there really a problem with him going on following the hiveminds command?

i get what you’re saying but it also doesn’t matter for the main claim here (that I meta’d to rush back to the bodies). the AI purposefully gave me the information that is being claimed as metagame info, so there’s no room for interpretation there.

Cleaned that up then and will wait for logs since I don’t seem to know what I’m talking about. (handling admin can read the deleted posts for context, but it’s removed to prevent derailing/confusing onlookers for the time being)

something that should help for loghunting: i distinctly remember a conversation where people ask me if i was previously hacked. i remember telling them something along the lines of “hacked? i’ve barely been alive that long, nobody could hack me that fast”. there was a scientist riding on my back and commenting on it because he didn’t realize i was talking on the radio and not to him.

That does relate to something I said during the conversation:

Cyborgs really need to prevent the same name from being used more than once by unique cyborgs, and that sort of confusion goes right out the window. Cyborgs should go back to having a name chosen upon creation instead of using and then reusing a name stored in preferences

yeah. i hit posibrain, realized, and tried to rapid-fire change my name in game prefs but the robo was just too on top of their game.

@fighterslam probably a good idea that I tag you given you were the AI of the shift and can corroborate this

are you aware I literally told the borg to go to space to make sure the bodies were properly disposed of after it was made? that’s why vehicle went to space

Yes, that’s one of the main reasons why i wanted a chat log since at that point(When you told Vehicle what you said) i was back my brain, therefore i wasn’t able to read deadchat, when i emerged as ghost i saw Vehicle already on his way to space where me and cap got blown up, So i just wanted to be sure it was either the AI specifically ordering Vehicle to go there or a further evidence of remembering past lives and using that as an advantage

In any case, regarding Vehicle statment going out of his way into game preferences to try and change his name as far as i remember it was pretty instant, i assume the chat log could pinpoint the exact timer between you said your last ghost word and the moment you went back online.

What i’m trying to point out is the debatable roleplay regarding past lives(which as mentioned above it wasn’t a one time slip) like the comments of the ‘‘self explode’’ strat. And adding the posi-brain rush made me ask admins for what this should be qualified as and if it was really okay to do, this way there’s at least a precedent and where to go if this situation repeats itself.

I do agree with Ruko statement regarding that Posibrains should come up with a new name to avoid this type of scenarios to happen and if one really wish to have their borg name changed just tell the robo to spend an extra minute on doing so.

Ah also regarding the quotating part about the emagging i didn’t meant to look like accusatory just wanted to type out how the scene looked by the end for the rest of the crew ‘‘a rogue cyborg got blown up, AI is good’’ and again that’s not the part that i took as doing metagame, it would be the insta rush into posibrain alongside the poor RP and the general comments you said, that’s why i compared it with the old syndicate lavaland ghost role respawn system, it’s like if one scientist got killed by a miner and one minute later the same player is with another scientist knowing exactly where and what that miner is, it gave me that vibe.

Something extra to add and clarify your doubt regarding the ticket Halinder is that Inithis handled the ticket in the best way possible and i was the one who confirmed at the end that i was going to make a player report to take off any remaining doubts

i would’ve liked if inithis actually told me the problem rather than closing the ticket on me when i asked for details. finding out offhand from ruko that the staff had the wrong impression already kinda sucks since they pretty much decided i was guilty w/o asking me.

the one comment i made of the self explode strat being used previously (i talked about it a lot because exploding on folks is a common strat for me when i’m a rogue borg, only said it’d been done already once, then immediately–

yknow i’m just realizing all i have to do is wait for logs. i’m glad at least that most of the report just stems from miscommunication and lack of info rather than malicious exaggeration, but there still seems to be some miscontrual of my words going on. either i’ve got a fucked memory or something ain’t right here.

Hey y’all. Just letting you know I’ll take a look at this tomorrow. Peace.

1 Like

Nine Days Later edition

Alright, after log diving, here are the bits of note.
SAY: halinder/(Vehicle) “Gosh, it’s so nice being uploaded into a posibrain fresh as a daisy”
Cheeky, but eh.
SAY: halinder/(Vehicle) “I am freshly made from a posibrain. I do not know what you mean”
Looks to be a response to the AI, no big deal.

SAY: Fighterslam/(Brick) (binary) “North of security.”
SAY: Fighterslam/(Brick) (binary) “There is a pile of cprses.”(sic)
SAY: Fighterslam/(Brick) (binary) “Go there and strip them.”
This establishes that this was indeed communicated, no metagame.

SAY: halinder/(Vehicle) “I can always do the exploding trick again!”
SAY: halinder/(Vehicle) “I mean, I could always do the exploding trick I’ve never ever done before but heard about!”
This was the violation.
This is clearly not an okay thing to do, but they did correct it afterwards, even if it wasn’t exactly graceful. I would normally add a minor note for something like this, but at this point such a note would be well, well expired.

@Halinder I’m prepared to clear your name, unless @Fronsis has anything to add that I have NOT covered in this.

In absence of a relevant response, this report will be closed in twenty-four hours.

1 Like

Fair enough, tho it’s good to know that this leaves a precedent that this sorta-thing of action could lead a note on a player, go for a closure!

1 Like

Alright, we’re all wrapped up then. Have a good day, y’all.