Hacking Rework

What about high security doors having sensor that goes off when you unscrew the panel, it would say it on comms like beepsky. On sec channel.
Anti tamper sensor activated at bridge""

Cooldown would be couple minutes.
It would also work for emag
Malfunction detected at bridge.

It would be game changer and sec would have more to do, for example you would know fast when people try breaking into engi and you could react in time instead of looking at hacked door and saying “someone was here whatever”

1 Like

I think the function would be best suited to a additional wire or two, perhaps with it only being disabled by a cut, and triggered by a pulse.

it means a savvy traitor could hook up a signaller to the wire, run to there real objective, send the pulse signal remotely and have security bumrush the vault or something while they do something else.

2 Likes

Damn not gonna lie i like my idea more and more mainly because it should be a feature already, we are on a cutting edge nanotrasen space station and if someone messed with wiring a bit they could get all acccess and do stuff like delam sm.
There should be alarm at least.
Also the part with smart traitor abusing it is fun too

1 Like

no

its not gonna be fun

maybe if you’re a gay baby and dont understand memory good

‘fun’ is synominous with ‘needleslly complicated and deadly’

3 Likes

Its not fun to give everyone aa either. In that sense: just straight up give everyone death commando gear and start brawling.

i dont see people running around hacking every door in existence

1 Like

Classic mrp player telling lrp players what is fun

1 Like

Hacking isnt exclusive to lrp. The point of changing hacking is to raise the potential skill ceiling, which lrp players can fully take advantage off, making for much more interesting dynamic. You could dunk on mrp losers even harder and yet you see change as some sort of 100% bad thing, even though we dont propose to change the system, we propose to modify it in such a way that would make it less universal and would make the other options more viable.

I do though 20200202020020

B…but muh free aa :sunglasses: muh easy tiding muh easygame

1 Like

Its a question of casuuuls letting this one slip to be honest. Sometimes people need to accept the fact that ss13 is a game and not a glorified chat room, balance is important.

Sometimes people need to accept the fact that ss13 is a game and not a quantum physics simulator, balance is important.

All right, good point. Still think it needs to be less universal though.

As I said in the OP - if it isn’t broken, indeed - don’t fix it. But surely with such a shallow, vital system - there’s room for improvement of some kind?

One shouldn’t sacrifice gameplay on the altar of realism/universality, but realism/universality dictates the ability for players to have expectations which align with how the game plays. It’s good to have when one can.

but every wire being the same is unbalanced

how is it balanced i can hack a door in maint and then with that knowledge steal AA in seconds

How come? I really don’t like using realism as an argument but this would be one of the things that is actually realistic. If the wires were different in every single door that would be a huge safety hazard.

To fix this AA rush would be really easy; just make the bridge and other high risk areas start with plasteel reinforcements.

1 Like

not every door, just different for each departments door, big thing here.

you could still probe somewhere like EVA to get the wire doors for the caps office for example.

1 Like

Oh shit that would actually make sense

Almost like that pr I opened :sunglasses: