In-game report: Grey Smith

CKEY: rkz

Your Discord: Biggus Dickus#0723

Offender’s CKEY: N/A

Offender’s In-Game Name: Grey Smith

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 8/23/2021

Round Number: 32230

Rules Broken: R2 FailRP, R3 Powergaming with lasgun, R5 Unloaded lasgun into me, R7 Overescalation

Incident Description:
Explorer Grey Smith entered Atmospherics with one of his explorer mates. Upon sighting me, they point at the tcomms door and stare at me blankly.

I recognized they wanted to check out tcomms, likely because the power outage had affected it aswell.

I decided to RP this interaction with a snarky response somewhere along the lines of, “C’mon, use you words.”

Note, My character , Kazimierz, had spent the last 30 minutes taking command as Acting Captain and was in a foul mood as he was dealing with annoying design flaws of multiZ corg, and now some psycho walks in and just blankly stares at me while pointing at the wall, and can’t even muster the effort to use his basic communication skills?

Evidently pissed him off and he sent off a ZINGER of a rebuke along the lines “I’ll just flash you”.

Very Interesting thing to say to your superior officer!

Nonetheless, I don’t have time to make conflict with this chump, so I begrudgingly let him in.

So Grey and his buddy leave after I restore power to Explorer Tcomms. I think that’s the end of that.

(It wasn’t)

Fast forward 20 minutes and Grey is back, demanding me to give him his laser gun and shoving me. He thinks it’s in tcomms and I let him in.
Seeing there’s no laser gun in tcomms, Grey is immediately suspicious of me and demanding a bag search.

I, of course, refuse and shove him back, wondering what this souped up Explorer is off his rocker.

I am now met with the full mag of a lethals from his sidearm until I am just short of death, in hardcrit.

Additional Information:
Powergaming is because explorers are supposed to have laserguns designed only for off-station use.

This was multilevel Corgstation, and had some weird power bug where only the SM level was powered.

I think I’ll appropriate one of Rukos quotes

1 Like

is he an antag or?

1 Like

I cryoed before round end. I made a co2 SM and everything, yet the power Refused to go to other z levels!

Anyway, I didn’t see round end report.

Slightly off topic, the issue with the corg power net is the Multi Deck Power Adapter in maints directly south of the kitchen. For some reason (I haven’t the slightest idea what causes it) you have to unwrench and rewrench it to send power to the second floor.

1 Like

Still deciding on appropriate punishment, logs below.

Logs

Non-antagonist

jenkins27 \ Grey Smith \ Exploration Crew \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Handing out flashes to the other explorers “incase we encounter problems” when they get back to the station. (Power-gaming)

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “our guns dont work on station” (exploration Shuttle (91, 149, 4))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “take a flash incase we encounter problems” (exploration Shuttle (91, 149, 4))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “I grabbed three.” (exploration Shuttle (91, 149, 4))

Swapped firing pins so they could use their weapons on the station, proved in later logs.

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “SYNDI TOOLBOX!!” (Unexplored Location (87, 129, 4))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “FIRING PINS!!” (Unexplored Location (87, 129, 4))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “WOOO!!” (Unexplored Location (87, 129, 4))

Some time passes and they return to the station and make their way to telecomms, then not so subtly threaten the CE with a flash.

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “it had an off-station only pin in it” (exploration Shuttle (146, 141, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “take” (exploration Shuttle (143, 138, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “I suspect trouble.” (exploration Shuttle (143, 138, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “lets go” (exploration Shuttle (142, 139, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “check out” (exploration Shuttle (142, 139, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “tcoms” (exploration Shuttle (142, 139, 3))

SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “cmon” (Atmospherics (92, 158, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “use your words” (Atmospherics (92, 158, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “let us into telecoms.” (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “I am using words instead of flashing you.” (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))

They leave tcomms, some time passes, they then return thinking they lost their gun there,

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “did I” (exploration Shuttle (142, 138, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “drop the microlaser gun” (exploration Shuttle (142, 138, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “in tcoms, when I slipped?” (exploration Shuttle (142, 138, 3))

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “CE or engi to tcoms” (Atmospherics (96, 157, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “think I left my gun in there.” (Atmospherics (96, 157, 3))

Decides to begin breaking and entering roughly a minute after they began waiting on the CE

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “ce I’m running out of patience can I just hack in?” (Engineering (92, 156, 2))

ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has fired at [reinforced window] with the laser from Engineering (Engineering (91, 155, 2))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has fired at [reinforced window] with the laser from Engineering (Engineering (91, 155, 2))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has hit [grille] (Engineering (91, 156, 2))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has attacked [grille] with the survival knife (Engineering (91, 156, 2))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has attacked [grille] with the survival knife (Engineering (91, 156, 2))

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “outside tcoms with CE about to chekc” (Atmospherics (98, 157, 3))

SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “no” (Atmospherics (93, 156, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “theres nothing” (Atmospherics (93, 156, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “in there” (Atmospherics (92, 156, 3))

Shoves the CE for a ‘bag search’, CE shoves back at which point they lethal them into crit, cuff them, and search them. Later in the round saying the CE “attacked them”, also later using this encounter to justify replacing their firing pins because they “would have died to CE if I didn’t”. This is blatant self-antag and borders on kill baiting.

ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has grabbed RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) passive grab (NEWHP: 74.7) (Atmospherics (98, 157, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “SEE” (Telecommunications Relay (92, 155, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “IDIOT” (Atmospherics (92, 156, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has shoved RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 74.7) (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))
ATTACK: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) has shoved Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) (NEWHP: 100) (Atmospherics (92, 156, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “bag search.” (Atmospherics (92, 158, 3))
ATTACK: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) has shoved Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100) (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))

ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has fired at [salt pile] with the laser from Atmospherics (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has shot RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) with the laser (NEWHP: 55.8) (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has fired at [salt pile] with the laser from Atmospherics (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has shot RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) with the laser (NEWHP: 36.8) (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has shot RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) with the laser (NEWHP: 18) (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has shot RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) with the laser (NEWHP: -0.9) (Atmospherics (90, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has grabbed RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) passive grab (NEWHP: -0.9) (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has grabbed RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -0.9) (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has handcuffed RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) (NEWHP: -0.9) (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has stripped the leather satchel off RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) (NEWHP: -0.9) (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has stripped the handcuffs off RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) (NEWHP: -1.6) (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))
ATTACK: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) has stripped the advanced hardsuit off RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) (NEWHP: -1.6) (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))

WHISPER: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “lookie there, I DONT HAVE SHIT” (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
WHISPER: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “FUCKIN DYING” (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “nice one” (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “i love the escalation there” (Atmospherics (93, 157, 3))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “you resisted a search.” (Atmospherics (92, 157, 3))

SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “the explorer just tried to kill me” (Atmospherics (94, 157, 3))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “fucking gunned me down because he ‘thought’ i had his gun” (Engineering (86, 153, 2))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “DONT SAY IT IN THEIR CHAT” (Engineering (86, 153, 2))
SAY: RKz/(Kazimierz Janko) “GODDAMN” (Engineering (86, 153, 2))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “I believed CE might have taken my gun so I asked to look in their bag” (exploration Shuttle (182, 91, 10))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “they refused and attacked me so I shot them into crit, cuffed and searched” (exploration Shuttle (182, 91, 10))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “they did not have my gun, I healed them and left.” (exploration Shuttle (182, 91, 10))

As mentioned above used the CE’s ‘attack’ to justify arming themsevles with weapons that work on-station.

SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “make sure to put electronic pins in your guns” (exploration Shuttle (166, 101, 10))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “so you can shoot things on station and cut things on station” (exploration Shuttle (169, 101, 10))
SAY: Jenkins27/(Grey Smith) “like how i would have died to CE if I didnt” (exploration Shuttle (168, 101, 10))

1 Like

This conversation is rather one-sided from just what I said alone, and I just want to clue the log sleuths in.

At this point, I was openly questioning the explorer’s loyalty in command chat. Captain rather stupidly hinted to the explorers my query for a private investigation. (Cap never really investigated it from my POV anyway, but that’s a whole 'nother can of worms I wont get into.)

This was also my first round both with 1. The updated mess of MultiZ Corg in its rawest form. 2. Supercruise and the new roles. I had no idea of their access and weapons.

Figured it was something along the lines of this, don’t really think it’s relevant to the issue at hand though, excluding the fact that this is most likely why they later tried to explain themselves.

1 Like

I know.
Its probably overboard, but I personally like a full story myself when I read other player reports sometimes and the extra context can help.
sorry if it comes off as too much

Having the full story is usually what we’re aiming for, however in this case your conversation with the captain happened after all the other events so it’s really not important to the report itself.

1 Like

Report Processed

1 Like