Gotta fucking love it

so my email is busted and I cant downvote the melee balance changes that Victor put up on GitHub but I can at least tell you.

YOU CLEARLY HAVE NOT BEEN LISTENING.

this is from the first melee damage thread I made, and shows that I am willing to talk about the numbers. this “talking” is in fact what I have been trying to get you guys to do. you want to pretend that I’ve been unwilling to discuss this matter. I offered some numbers to get a ball rolling and you decided to not bother looking that there were two sets of numbers. the higher values are based on “two hit melee.” if you all remember I was spamming “BUFF MELEE BECAUSE UNROBUST COWARDS ARE AFRAID OF BEING THREE SHOTTED BEFORE THEY FUMBLE OUT A STUN.” I never yelled about two shotting. I figured from the biggining of all this that those numbers were to high. I thought we could talk. because that is what a forum is for.

well still doing all the number crunching and gameplay testing myself, in my mind, but here are the current numbers that I have. yes it is very unorganized BECAUSE I AM NOT THAT EXPERIENCED. I hope you can see what I am trying to do as I post GUIDELINES on how melee can become not an excruciating exercise in wishing you were playing monotony (monopoly) instead.

7 unarmed damage . wall bashing causes damage like a disabler . a quirk to do 10 damage . or deal 10 damage
12 damage for everything else, wirecutters, screwdrivers, glass shard, iron rod, all deal 12 when thrown
15 large objects, fire extiguisher, wrenches, crowbars, Toolboxes, shanks
18 heavy objects, 02 tanks, kitchen knives, susbox, lit welder
20 combat knives, cleavers, hatchets, eKnife pen, idea for a eKnife welder, chaplain null rod
30 Swords, dedicated melee . can be carried on the belt slot
15/30 Axe, Hammer, Pickaxe, Chainsaw . can be carried on the back
15/40 Great Sword, plasteel Chainsaw, DeSword; an eSword is sharpened .
blunt weapons deal less bleeding
chainsaw hand - chaplain cant just get this ? if a chaplain can get a greatsword or a hammer, then sure we can .
chaplain sword hand - sure ?
chaplain spear , yes ! if the chaplain wants spears give him a few, like three or five or . well . ten . expecting resistance to getting multiple spears, but spears are cheap
15/20 spears, deal 30 damage when thrown

yes this is a mess. yes I am panic throwing this out there. the stuff about the chaplain null rod is literal mind vomit. 18 damage is a fuckton of damage when you remember that two guys dealing that much can take you down as quickly as two guys dealing 20.

my “weapon triumvirate.” this triumvirate is a idea of “sword over baton over bat, with the daggers being unavoidable but swords are outlaw-able.” thus batons reign supreme as the king of melee combat. baseball bats edge into this triumvirate with the knockback while lacking enough damage to have a sure chance of victory.

use that empty 10 damage category. change fewer items. if I hear any support for this I will do work for it. still happy I cant program because this is too big for one person to decide, and that means that I cant accomplish this alone. I have to talk with you.

the real takeaway here is 20 damage daggers, 30 damage swords, 40 damage greatswords. with sharpening a weapon adding 5 damage. spear damage is literally just dagger damage with dealing a swords worth of damage on a throw. spears suck BALLS. but thems the streets we live on.

smh‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‎

1 Like

gotta fukkkkkin love, it.

tumblr_nln5xklIgc1u3mr8ro1_500

1 Like

this fucking killed my whole goddam day, I needed to be cleaning my place not putting out a goddam fire.

1 Like

Maybe people would listen if there weren’t dozens of threads with different numbers and if you didn’t sound insane

Basic Null rod: Fits in pockets, 18 brute damage on hit.Taken from wiki

What the fuck?

Not sure if you haven’t noticed but there’s tons of feedback on your threads and discord and people very clearly don’t like your ideas

Also not sure where shit like the hypertool fits in, because it does as much damage as the null rod, but to the brain and the 8 brain traumas (and apparently brain damage?) you’ll get from it stay after cloning, meaning if you can deal the 200 damage with it the person is permanently fucked for the rest of the round, since there’s basically no way to fix it

the numbers have been changing as I scramble to get in rounds, and experience. I understand that there are items that I don’t even know exist. I understand that I need help. what I am trying to do right now is find the “sweet spots.” and I think I found them.

what we have here is the current results of my labor of love.

I present the concept of “dagger damage.” 20 damage is “dagger damage.” not that a dagger or knife deals this much, that isn’t even the point here. this is about how 20 damage works. its a dangerous amount of damage that can kill some one, if you some sneaky free hits and that slowdown from damage. also needed is someone who isn’t armed with a sword or, working even better against “dagger damage,” a baton.

I can feel the outcry against the ultra rare greatmeme DeSword damage of 40. standard armor 30 reduces that to 28, and the 45 damage of a MEGAHERO’S DeSword gets reduced to 31.5. I keep talking about the DeSword damage like this because its honestly a silly choice of weapon with impractical carry options. I know the DeSword can fit into bags right now, but I would like to see it limited to being carried on the belt slot. eWeapons are good, but not world ending. eWeapons should deal energy based damage instead of brute. and more !

edit:

• no one has ever corrected me . ty much for letting me be creative . I “don’t know.” I mentioned that triumvirate of weapons, the baton, the bat, and the sword. getting that right is a lot, and the crud about “hits like a disabler” is used a lot in the piece of paper that bunch of numbers comes from. I think I mentioned the bears and stuff before. buying bears from cargo. what can go wrong.

eWeapons deal base damage plus sharpened damage, dealing 25, 35, and 45 damage, deal energy based damage, have a energy source and last about ten minutes if left on . idea for a welder eDagger, and remove the eSword from the tator item list, the eDagger becomes 5 tc.

change the wooden shield to block projectiles, or make a craftable shield to do so. there are enough things thrown to warrant a shield against thrown projectiles.

shield push

its time to play space station 13, I haven’t slept in 26 hours, and I am more caffeine than blood.

the fuck did I say about wall hitting a guy deals damage like a disabler . it was an idea toward streamlining pushing for use across multiple items . because its hitting the guy onto a wall . shit I don’t know . that changed ? what was it before ? . ha hell

IT WAS REAL

OY VEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2 Likes

Please, stop. Why do you even bother writing a shit ton on text for an idea no one wants
Vexylius 's profpic.gif