Got bwoinked for making a harmless, entirely neutral symptom disease as viro on MRP

MFW the botanist can make the craziest drugs and not get any shit but I do a meme disease that makes you think you’re a clown wizard and I get bwoinked? The fool thing doesn’t even have coughing and it makes you go rainbow colors and grow a beard but apparently I can’t do that because “no normal person would infect themselves with a disease that makes them crazy” so why even include that in the game then? Antags won’t use it, because it’s harmless, and since it’s harmless, why can’t I? and then the admin goes, “NT doesn’t hire crazy people”. What about the meth dealer chemists, the chaplain, the fucking clown for pete’s sake? Hell, a clown with the lawyer’s pda is more intrusive than what I was doing, and I spent all round on it. But nooooooo, “it’s not beneficial and it’s causing very minor grief to other players” so doing that is bannable. Okay.

2 Likes

Was this on mrp? Cause if it was you’re a fool.

It was. Why? 20 char

You didn’t get bwoinked, you got banned

You must roleplay. No sane doctor makes a disease, no matter how benign, and infects them and all their coworkers.

…For making a harmless, annoying at worst disease?

1 Like

then how am I literally still playing

that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. What about purely beneficial diseases?

Did you make a beneficial disease? Didn’t think so. A hypothetical doesnt help you when you’re complaining about something you’ve already done.

…what?
20 characters

A disease is by nature of the word a negative condition. Benign doesnt mean good, it means not harmful. You’re just illiterate

It wasn’t harmless.

Polyvitiligo /datum/symptom/polyvitiligo
Wizarditis /datum/symptom/wizarditis – A rare illness, causes spontaneous robe growth, randomly speaking incantations, and finally random teleportation.
Pierrot’s Throat /datum/symptom/pierrot – A brain disease that was brought back with the original explorers of Clown Planet that damages the basal ganglia, victims will have an uncontrollable urge to HONK.
Viral evolutionary acceleration /datum/symptom/viralevolution
Facial Hypertrichosis /datum/symptom/beard

This was the later edition. The earlier version had more griefy symptoms.
If you want to contest it, bug Aeder in an apeal thread.

more griefy symptoms? Are you referring to the neutered symptom that literally did nothing?

oh no it makes you change color how evil

didn’t meet the threshold

NO NO NO IT MAKES YOU SAY MAGIC MISSILE AND ABRA KADABRA EVERY SO OFTEN FUCK NO

didn’t meet the threshold, somebody on the forums even said that this threshold is impossible to meet

I don’t know what that means, but there is a possible threshold at a really high resist that makes you clumsy like the clown which my disease did not meet

NOOOOOOOOO IT MAKES YOU HONK AND ALSO DAY THE WORD HONK SOME TIMES OH FUCK HE’S GRIEFED EVERYONE

lterally does nothing but up the stats

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT A BEARD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is objectively false considering the “more griefy simptom” (not symptoms, literally there was one difference) was neutered.

2 Likes

Arguing here does nothing for you. Make a ban appeal or deal with it. That is in no way BENEFICIAL so it shouldn’t have been forced onto the crew. Especially not on MRP. Even on LRP you would be valid salad

If you want to make an appeal do so in the correct area of the forums, however I think Shark-sie has summed it up nicely.