Golden LRP Game Modes

At the present, because of Golden’s lower population levels, the game modes are almost exclusively Heretic, Blood Brothers, Traitor, and the rare changeling.

What are the drawbacks of this?

• Monotony
  • Rewards valid hunting via raw probability
  • In the case of heretics - can lead to objectives of killing upwards of 1/5th of the crew
  • After being “outed”, situations become far more violent far more quickly
  • The aforementioned monotony and boredom inevitably foster bad behavior

I would like to introduce some potential additions to the default Secret Mode rotation to remedy this:

• Lowpop Double Agents - rather than traitors or heretics taking out their fury on the regular crew, have the antags hunt their fellow antags for a welcome change.

• Meteor Rounds - Encourage teamwork and familiarity with regulars and new faces alike, as well as some degree of familiarity with construction/damage mitigation/atmospherics.

• Blob Rounds - Encourage teamwork and familiarity with regulars and new faces alike, as well build blob playing experience and blob fighting experience. Great opportunity for medbay staff to get more work!

• Lowpop ~15 Player Wizard Rounds - Give players a chance to do interesting magical gimmicks as well as practicing combat with/as wizard. As a bonus, over time there will be fewer wizard rounds ending after 2 minutes because of accidental deaths from fireball.

• Secret Extended - There is a reputation for people ignoring the rules on LRP, allow them to out themselves and clean up the server while giving the generally chaotic cousin of Sage a chance for a little peace and quiet that the present game modes preclude.

• Dynamic 100 - There have been times where I’ve rolled antag 4-5x in a row on lowpop. Make sure everyone gets a chance to do some bad guy stuff and add contrast to the Secret Extended rounds with a little Secret Chaos™.

These game modes are all present in the current codebase with the exception of lowpop wizard, which would require a simple value change for the population requirement.

Golden LRP is a different server from Sage MRP. It would only be natural to cater to the smaller population and relaxed roleplay with these low-effort, minor changes to bring in new people, keep the population stable, and offer Sage MRP players a chance for a break in a different gameplay environment (besides the social and rule settings).

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Basically just IAA.
If we’re talking about heretics hunting eachother, I wouldn’t really go for that given that they can still ascend to ignore objectives, or just kill their target and ascend. It feels like a waste.

lowpop double agent

Just IAA

meteor and secret extended

Lacks validhunting which golden players love to do

lowpop wizard

Murderbone and everyone dead in 10 minutes with no one to call the shuttle

dynamic 100

That would work

blob gamemode

Either crew or blob wins in short time depending on how fast blob gets found

Personally, I’d love to see most of the gamemodes listed becoming regular in LRP. Except for maby secret extended, rounds last up to 4 hours if there really aren’t no antags, noone wants a 4 hour round.

I forgot to mention in the OP to of course, bear in mind, that any one of these could be added or removed at any time depending on how they actually pan out in successful implementation and popularity. Couldn’t hurt to try something new in rotation for a few days.

I dunno, most of the people that would murderbone on low pop have been banned for other reasons the past couple weeks. Presently antags call the shuttle after murderboning more often than not, with several examples this past week. It’s like the same 15 people on 90% of the time and even the kind of neurotic ones are pretty considerate. As for it being a short round - it’s usually short anyways with the wizard killing themselves. If it doesn’t work it can always get taken out of rotation and it’s an opportunity to develop some funny gimmicks.

Frankly of all of them I figured that would be the least popular, but who knows, you might be surprised? I’ve noticed people being really frustrated with trying to do RnD and build projects not having the time lately.

Additionally, I’m not sure if the rulesets are currently weighted or equal weight probability, but if they are weighted - that could be a possible modifier to balance out any additions.

low pop revolution but when it starts forcespawn someone as the hos + captain, means we can have balanced 15 pop revolution rounds

that’ll just end up with HOS and captain getting shredded by 13 other people, because anyone who plays LRP sec is icky and gets neutered by everyone