Gimmick Traitor items

I saw, in another thread, someone talking about antags needing more shit to do beyond killing people - or something to that effect.
With that in mind: post your silliest Syndicate item ideas! It can be useful, gimmicky, or whatever else - but it needs to be something OTHER than optimal. Whether it’s a ludicrously situational item that still saves your bacon when it works, a stupid martial art based around a theme, or something that just lets you screw with people in-round, I want to hear your ideas!
I’ll start with two, taken from another server: Superglue, can be applied to any item to make it nodrop; and a hacked intercom, which allows you to make a custom CentComm announcement to the whole server.

1 Like

How about a bounce pad like some Sonic shit? Lay it down like SEC barricades and people will bounce off it around 5-7 tiles back.

1 Like

Already exists actually

The Emmerich Device.
Lets you activate a false alarm of your choice, with a (5 minutes is too short?) cooldown between uses. Note that it doesn’t cause the disaster or any other signs. Like, you don’t feel the air grow warm for a rad storm, and shields aren’t available because of a false alarm meteor storm

1 Like

More martial arts ! Either race or job locked or for everyone to use.

For Example :
Boxing

Your fists get the same effects as normal boxing gloves except you don’t have to wear any and your hits do 7 brute damage on top of the stamina damage. No combo available however.

Moth/Bee martial art

Something about knockback and mobility moves using their wings.

boxing is already a martial art that can be granted, go tc trade for it

2 Likes

Oh man, didn’t know, are you sure it isn’t wrestling?

the way the game is coded, boxing is a martial art

How about a rubber duck that honksplodes when you step on it. I think it’d be great for clowns.

good idea but the timer is way to short… someone is gonna buy 3 and spam the shit out of it

my idea of a syndicate skateboard remains on the table

“a skateboard with sharpened edges and a magnetic base”

hitting someone while doing a kickflip will deal some damage and make you pass trough them.
messing it up or hitting an object wont send you flying but rather only deal stamina damage
untill you run out then you are gonna fly off
it deals semidecent when used as a weapon since its sharpened

a harder but way more fun form of a dsword
skateboards have always been pertty fun to use as long as you get the hang of it

2 Likes

we kinda have that, the uhhh mass driver things can be made

we have both iirc

What are you talking about, this is already in game.

A shoe for clown that you can kick off at people, causing no damage but going honk, then they explode after a second. Like a mini bomb, but you can kick it like 6 tiles in a line off ya foot.

1 Like

But I wanna slap down a bouncy barricade in an airlock that the airlock can shut on.

This has become a joke thread of people naming the obscure syndie items not used much.

That being said. One of the Syndie Crates is a Bee Terrorist Loadout. With Bee Suit, Buzz grenades, Bee Virus bottle and a Bee Gun, a self charging gun that fires bees and can be loaded with regents the bees inject with their stinger.

1 Like

cult door :sunglasses:
EEEEEEE

Syndicate moustache that when worn, grants you the ability to cook certain food that can poison/heal/buff you. Will look normal until you inspect it in your hand. Only available to chefs.

Oh, and it makes you speak italian like a normal moustache.

I can’t make a cult door as a traitor!!!