Gimmick Job Suggestion Thread

We don’t have many gimmick jobs at the moment, and there is no need to make a whole thread for a small role. But I’m pretty sure there’s great suggestions out there. So let there be a thread for gimmick job suggestions/ideas. Here are mine:

Cheerleader: Starts with cheerleader outfit, pompoms (gloves) and a megaphone.
Ghost Buster: I like the curator’s ghost hunter box, but nobody seems to pick it over whip or spacesuit.
Ventriloquist/Comedian: Starts with a ventriloquist dummy and theater access.

Post your own ideas.

2 Likes

Pet shop
Runs a pet shop
Uses the large maint room, has a desk at the front with some nice carpet, out the back is glass cages of corgis and other random animals with a few collars.

Although this could kind of suck being in maints since no one will come, but corgis are cool.

7 Likes

Paparazzi - Journalist - Reporter

starts with all the things a guy needs to make some news.
“I’ve covered wars you know!”

10 Likes

damn this could be actual job, we need someone to expose criminals and shitsec

5 Likes

Acrobat
Has a shoe that gives him freerunning trait, they can spam flip and they are able to stand up faster than normal people

Loan shark
Spawns with a briefcase full of credits, they can give loan to other people, they can also act as bondsman to sec ( if sec accepts)

Bounty hunter
Has disabler and stun baton pass and a sec HUD implant. Their job is to hunt down criminals or people that own money to load sharks

Painter
Musician

1 Like

plumber

start with red cap, Italian mustache and plumbing equipment

can jam yourself in the toilet

5 Likes

how about travelling through the “sewage system” freely, from toilets to sink, not the other way around though. Maybe a special antag item that allows him to roam all pipes freely and pull people in, for all of his TC because free ventcrawl OP?

5 Likes

be antag plumber

flush your target down the toilet

shitters clogged

3 Likes

Houdini the squid

you seem like normal squid but you can ventcrawl

1 Like

Add rule 34 artist as gimmick job :vibecheck:

1 Like

yeah, make that the only warning people get, and like allow them to place people wherever they want in pipes, so that they will have to deal with the “no not this one moron, the on on th- NOW YOU ARE OUT OF FUEL, GOOD JOB!” business. Just like let them survive there too, and make it require an aggresive grab to be on them while going in. that would be kinda cool I guess.

Paparazzi - Journalist - Reporter

Mandatory - start with camera, recorder, fedora and longcoat, and a Curator PDA/Newscaster access.

Also,
Escaped convict - start in prisoner jumpsuit with a prisoner ID, happy pills and a shiv. Lavaland rules apply.
Wrestler - OLE! Spawns when ragecage spawns
Ratman/Mad Scientist - Same access and gear as scientist. Starts with a “companion” positronic brain and a tinfoil hat equipped. Hides in Maintenance tunnels as to avoid being tested on by the AI.

Also, sticky please?

9 Likes

ADD RATMAN ADD RATMAN
also, for prisoner role, if you want to see how that will turn out you can take a look at tg, they have a prisoner role

1 Like

Add ‘the conspiracist’ starts with tinfoil hat, a picket sign and an objective to convince crew into believing a theory from a list of dumb stuff like: lizardmen are machines that try to replace humans, vaccines cause autism.
Basic maint access, theatre and free costume vendor access.

5 Likes

Stage magician to join clown and mime

2 Likes

We already have stage magician

Add animal control police and their job is to bash the monkies with toolb- er, i mean, non lethaly take the rogue animals to cages

2 Likes

Drug dealer, spawns with a briefcase to store the drugs, chem machine, heater and some beakers. He would have to pay hos some credits for protection however, like dunno, 20creds for 10 minutes? you catch my drift.

2 Likes

20 credits? You must be joking. HOS will take the entire meth stash for 5 mins protection

2 Likes

sad
mix meth with the shit that makes your screen spin

yeah but not every player can make drugs