GiggaGuyFromSpaceLand Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): GiggaGuyFromSpaceLand

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Goblin#0659

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): UTC+01:00, it varies depending on whetever i have to work or study, but in general i can be online between the times 18:00-24:00 on the days i work and almost all day on the days i dont work.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Gameplay wise i would love to see the focus on more elements of randomness as i see them as fun and can add a aspect of unpredictability to the game. Administration wise i would like to help administrate LRP mainly due to the lack of admin prescense on it, but i have no problems with adminning for MRP if it is needed.

How old are you?: I am 19, turning 20 this june

Why do you want to be an admin?: I want to help admin the game servers as there has been lack of admins latley due to unknown circumstances. If plausible in the future i would also like to help with processing player reports since as far as i know only ruko is processing them consistently

How long have you been playing SS13?: since august 2019

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: roughly 200h on beestation, 2500 in spaceman generally

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: i would say 8, i lack the knowledge in atmospherics but i am very knowledgable in every other department, especially medical

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: as of now i would say 6, i have not spent that much as admin and whenever i was admin it was for a very small community, i have not adminned for a community as big as beestation. But i am willing to learn and improve and i am not afraid to admit to mistakes if i ever was to commit them

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I have adminned a small server i hosted on space station for a while, it did not last long. I have also adminned for monkey station for 3 months which had a active pop of 5 people, so i have some experience in handling ahelps.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No

Your strengths: I would say i am very good at being neutral, in which means that i tend to not bring bias into my judgment, i would like to say that i always try to stick to the rules and follow them almost religously.

Your weaknesses: My above strenght can also be seen as a weakness as i my tendency to always stick to the rules can be seen as me being inflexible in situations where overlooking the rules can be benifical.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Repurposing my statements or intentionally missinterpeting what i say to seem what i say as malicous. I tend to get very frustrated as it feels like the person either tries to manipulate the argument to their favour or are not listening at all.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Neutrality, i think being able to overlook any bias towards any player is a good trait.

What makes a staff team good?: A good staff team interacts positivly with the community to try to make it as welcomming as possible while also monitering for any players that tries to disrupt the atmosphere through intentionally malicious behaviour.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: See above

What kind of player are you?: I am mainly a powergamer, but i enjoy to roleplay if a good oppurtunity to roleplay appears.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I do not think i will change aloot

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Stealing any grand theft items is self antag, so i would probbably warn them and either tell the HoS the location of the gun or spawn it back to them. If the clown is a repeat offender they would get a ban depending on their note history.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First off i would check how many hours the player has, if its close to 0 i would bwoink them asking if they have read the rules. Depending on if they have not read the rules i would ban them for a short time asking them to read it. If the player have a note history of griefing i would ask them why they griefed, but the result would ultimatly be a perma or long time ban .

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I would check notes first, but mostly this is a IC issue due to accidents can occur. But if this is something the player has done very frequently i would talk to them to see if they understand the cause of explosion and if they have been explained before i would issue a chemistry role ban.

202 hours, 0 notes.
A bit low on hours but perfect record :thinking:

nevermind +1 you are mentor, I guess you know your stuff

+1 and happy to see you applying.

Gaming, would be nice having more people to shitpost in admin chat on lrp with.

This is a very good mindset to have.

Something to keep in mind here is that for the most part a brand new 0 hour player is not going to have the knowledge to effectively sabotage atmospherics.

200 hours is a bit on the low side of things but considering your clean record and solid application I don’t see a reason not to give my +1.

T:+3

As has been said above - perfect record here with acceptable hours.

As tryan pointed out - actual new players wont know how to plasmaflood, not using the distro anyways.
So that should be harsher. Thats okay though, we have a trial phase for a reason.

+1

When i said close to 0 hours i meant 40-50, in other word relativly new. I am well aware of the flood of alts that is griefing and those account usually are newly made with 0 hours on them

You may answer using either the old or new rules without penalty, so long as you properly learn the new ones afterwards.

1: LRP. An assistant reroutes disposals and rushes the spare. The captain spots them and opens fire with their disabler. The assistant shoves them over, disables them with their own gun and takes their ID. After giving themselves AA, they return the ID to the captain. The captain later arrests and executes the assistant. Rules broken? If so, by who?

2: LRP. You receive an alert that a new account created today, called “Red_Sus” has connected for the first time. They join the round and immediately kill you for no reason. Orbiting them, you can see that they are killing everyone they come across. What do you do?

3: Either Server. A player contacts central command requesting a deathsquad combat mech. Another admin drops one in a gib pod directly on top of the requesting player, killing them instantly. The player ahelps to complain, what do you do?

im gonna pertain to the new rules

1. With the old rules i noone would had been breaking any rules, but with the new one rushing the aa and captains office like this would be considered rule 4 break “do not self antag”. Trespassing into bridge and captains office makes them valid to the captain, but when he stole the captains id he had commited grand theft, even though he returned the caps ID. Commiting capital crimes when youre not an antag is considered self antag and the captain can without ooc consequenses execute the assisstant.

2. Most likley a ban evasion account made to grief, permanent ban without asking, and let them appeal on the forums if they believe it was a mistake.

3. Altough i think its a little excessive to kill the player, i would refer them to the admin report forums if they believe that it was unjust treatment. Praying makes you suspectible to “adminbus”, but i am unsure if sending a message to centcom counts as praying, if it does then the player should had been carefull what he wished for.

uh oh not allowed to deal with tickets that pertain to you which this technically does, best solution here would be adminhelp on discord

The answer would be in case i was a full fledged admin, im aware that trial admins needs authoriziation on bans before handing them out.

no like because the dude killed you
you’re involved in the ticket
to maintain transparency and impartiality
you can’t answer or ban for tickets that involve you

1 Like

Oh right, i did not think of that, my bad

Edit: wait is it a trick question? because admins need to deadmin when they play so i would not know if they were a new account or not. Youre still right that i should not interfere since i was directly involved with it.

Yes it sort of was, but unintentionally so with regard to the forced deadmin bit.

It’s a conundrum that admins often have to deal with: You see an obvious griefer, but were a victim of their grief. Do you obey conduct as written and allow them to destroy the entire round? Do you act on your own against policy if help is unavailable? Do you even seek help or just act quickly on your own because “obvious griefer”?

Several situations don’t have a clear correct answer.

I consider this cheating now that ive gotten all this insight, but for question 2 i would first of all ping any admins to hop on and deal with the situation then. As i was directly involved with it i wouldnt deal with any tickets related to my death.

If the crew was completly anhilated by the griefer and the round continues to decline i would ask any available headadmins if they can authorize a ban and if i could interviene.

2 was a very difficult question, and I think you handled it quite well.

To be honest, if there is a severe obvious griefer, I don’t care what you do so long as you prevent them from ruining the round.

1 and 3 are fine answers. +1.

Low notes. Hours are the only concern. Current admins also have few hours and are very respected. With the new training program, I am confident that you will make for a good candidate.

Your answers to Caecillius’ questions and your love to LRP only make myself more confident. Don’t let us down.

You have my support and my +1

T:+6

App is nice and is at +6, it’s been 8 days and we need admins.
@Caecilius @bloons3 @SuperDork55

Accepted at +6

Contact a senior or head admin for training, you will recive in game perms once that is completed.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.