GiggaGuy noted by NotAShark

Title: [CKEY] banned by [Admin’s CKEY]

CKEY: GiggaGuy

Admin’s CKEY: NotAShark

Ban Type: Note

Ban Length: Note

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2022-05-25

Round ID: Not sure

Ban Reason: As a Changeling, used methnades to deal with persuing officers. has been advised to use lower collateral means in future to deal with sec

Appeal Reason: I dont think i did anything wrong in this case and abided by the rules

Additional Information: It was a ling round and i had the objectives to 1. assassinate the CE and steal the stations blueprints. The HoS was pursuing me into maint after some shenanigans and i used a methnade to deal with him, this was my first explosion and it was in armory and not in a very public place.

The second bombing was at the edge of the station after a security officer tried to arrest me and i had no reagents left so i had to use a bomb to get away, the only colleteral there was a clown that was shouting “THIS GUY IS A LING” and started pulling another ling close to me.

The Third explosion was when i found CE in the hallways dealing with a plasmaflood created by a nonantag, bombed him and took his card and got the blueprints and that was it.

I primed in total 5 bombs with three craters being made and the colleteral wasnt that huge. I think what made it worse was the fact that there was another bomber who created other crators in the hallways and the fact that the station got plasmaflooded, which is something i have no power over but i felt i got punished for it just cause of the extra chaos since ive never had any issues with this with other admins that has seen me do this without ahelping me, or has ahelped me only to agree that what i did was within rules

Here is a predecent that i think is somewhat similar to my situation: (cant post a link so ill ask someone who can)

3 Likes
I have not read anything here, I am merely posting link at request.
3 Likes

a few points

→ There isnt realy such a thing as precedents, byond whats actualy written down in the rules. We decide shit on a case by case basis.

→ Rule 14.3 subpoint 3 : Security may be considered a threat and may be pre-emptively eliminated without provocation, but low-collateral methods must be used to eliminate them.

Its generaly fine to eliminate your targets in mostly any way, including maxcaping
but you shouldnt be blowing up half the station to get rid of some secies
unless you have highjack/die a glorious death ofc

Also this is a NOTE not a ban.
Notes are not punishments, they are records of what happend.
Are the facts wrong here? Did you not infact use methnades to deal with persuing officers as a changeling?
Did they not infact advise you to use lower collateral means in future to deal with sec?

My main issue is where ive never had any issues about this with any other staff members, never gotten a note for it, its the wildly differing rulings of the admin team that makes this note so annoying to me

That is what im arguing here, that the colleteral damage i cause wasnt that great, but rather percieved greater due to the circumstances of the round

1 Like

Right. Well, they actualy asked about this situation in the discord admin channels, and i advised this not be okay.

Like i said, if you have a reason to be doing it for your objectives, like throwing the same methnades at your target, or the CEs locker if you need the blueprints, i’d be okay with it.

But for taking out security, you should be using methods that dont hugely affect evryone else. Just boming/nading security has never realy been okay. And this wasnt even in security, it was out in the hallways.

If this isnt how its been beeing handled in practice, maybe @GameAdmin need to be reminded about this.

This is possibly a somewhat fine argument. I have not seen the round in person, so im going to be asking for @Not_a_Shark 's input on this. But if the round was all-in-all fucked and chaotic already, then it might be appropriate to atleast have that noted down in the note. (something akin to “Note that the round was chaotic and fucked already though.”)

This the size of the explosion @GiggaGuy2’s grenades make for reference, so that it’s easier to come to some sort of consensus about whether this size of explosion is cool to use or not.

This is 200u of meth.

6 Likes

That is not as big as an explosion as the report made it out to be

1 Like

I suspect part of the issue is that he was not the only person using explosives and may have been mistaken as responsible for everything.

The ban was placed by a moderator, and the limited in-game logging tools available can make it easy to assume someone responsible for several explosions is responsible for all of them.

But this is also a pretty decent medium sized explosion. It’s a farcry from a maxcap but still spaces multiple surrounding tiles - it’s entirely possible this was/will be judged as too much.

6 Likes

@GameAdmin i would like this appeal closed, in hindsight the note isnt significant enough to dig through pile of logs for

Okay :+1:
Post must be at least 15 characters